1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Send the turbo the way of the rudder and gear lube

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Hellcat_17, 5 Dec 2018.

?

Keep the turbo in the game or not

1. Keep it

2. Remove it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    How about a truly revolutionary idea, REMOVE BLUES ALTOGETHER!

Give each ship a base repair rate, higher for defenders (defender buff) that levels by ship level, max speed, and a base health that improves by ship level. That way, less RNG to get the items we want, less parts needed etc. Fill in slots with other items, red, yellow, teal, green items.

@Ash KOT @CaffeinatedChris @TheAntiSnipe @The Grim Repair @Zeus @Miika

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Haha.. don't we wish. Rovio believed pre-4.0 RNG was too high across the board. A 12.5% chance to get the perk you want with rollover was too much of a chance, so coin rollover was removed and 2 days of no-lifing an Event is now requiredto get a 12.5% chance of getting something in a raffle you may or may not care about. Items have been expanded to a new color, further decreasing odds of getting pieces and items that you want, with no increase in chance of pieces or items. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Sidd gamer, KINGIVANOV and Hellcat_17 like this.
  3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Sounds cool until you face 12k HP speeders with Tesla shields.

4. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I have created a post on discord and it is currently up for vote in ask the devs section

5. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

I agree with eliminating turbo, I will save me 20 epic cells, but....

My concern is the tax I will have to pay to remove perks.

Then, unless we are able to exchange perks, we will have to sell them at a fraction of the original cost. Epic perks cost 1.5m gold in market but selling them only returns 350k gold. I didn't get all my perks from raffle.

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Actually they let us sell discontinued rudder/lube perks for full shop price when they were removed from the game.
    The salvage costs would still apply.

GrizzlyMoose likes this.
  7. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

No, just no. If you do remove turbos you might as well just take the old speeder out back and shoot it. Everyone will just replace it with a bandaid or another shield and it's already hard enough to do enough damage with the speeder as is. But it's not just speeders that will be hurt it's the overall gameplay experience. Fixers will be less valuable cause people will have extra health via extra shield or band-aid. The selfish reaper will be damn near impossible to kill with an extra 2500 health or an extra bandaid.

My point is at some point adding to either via an extra bandaid or standard shield becomes counterproductive and I'm pretty sure replacing everyone's turbo with one of those is that point. If you want to eliminate the turbo and the corresponding item space and item slot then fine, I'll live with that, but to add more health is just a bridge too far.

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

IIRC the perks were removed for free and placed in your inventory when you transmuted a Rudder/Gear Lube.

GrizzlyMoose likes this.
  9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Oh damn I actually remember the cost being 0 to remove my lube perks when I sold em. My bad..

Getting old man.

10. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I'd rather not get rid of my shiny new epic turbo I just got. If it does happen teal and blue items should just be merged at that point lol.

11. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

every ship could gain hp or a bandage so I think that it would even out. The idea is it makes battles more exciting because of faster boats and everyone having more hp.

12. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but either you didn't read my post or you didn't understand it. I don't want to add more hp. There is an absolute limit to how much damage can be done in a battle and adding to to would push is closer to that limit. In the end if everyone can survive more easily due to more hours we are going to have more draws or 5 minute battles where the end score is like 2-3. I like killing ships and that's hard enough already, adding hp would make it worse.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

I had my rare turbo from the start and you guys want it removed?
    Why I take me months to get it up to its level :( it's like my son lol
    Saved my butt that many times I had very good Memories xD lol

14. Undead fixer

But really I do Disagree.
    Turbo will always have it's place for more hit points.

15. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

There are a lot of matches where I wonder if my turbo is doing anything. I've noticed times that my ship crawls and the match ends 3 to 10. I thought about filing a bug, but then I remembered that it's futile.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  16. Undead fixer

Or you can just add more speed to the ships??

Skirra08 likes this.
  17. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Was waiting for this. I completely agree. Atleast then upgraging the turbo will have a purpose

Sidd gamer, Hellcat_17 and Skirra08 like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Need replays

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

And that, my friend, is strong evidence of the diminished value of Turbo itself.

Easy solution: Remove 1 blue slot... since that slot is almost always filled with a Turbo.

ShinkuMoon and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. GSMester

GSMester New Member

I have legendary turbo. It isnt in use, because my epic 37 with perks is enough for shooters max speed. Please remove turbo from the game, and make it possible to replace turbo item with another blue item!

Mad_Bulls_007 and Hellcat_17 like this.