1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the grind: My experience with this week's 3000 coin spree

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 10 Dec 2018.

1. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Brofist

What's Up Player likes this.
  2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

This is the reason this game can’t retain players. Many players leaving the game because they got burned out. Rovio should look into how Gameloft handles the Asphalt series. Have the devs play Asphalt 9.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's the thing, with 4.0 Rovio has made every aspect of this game just beyond the realm of reason in hopes that it forces players to pony up cash.

Problem is, if nothing feels achievable, players won't bother. Only with the advent 4.0, did I start actually believing I wouldn't miss the game if I stopped playing, because there is no longer a reasonably achievable progression system.

TheAntiSnipe and Swaf like this.
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Welp, they're not fixing anything because according to them legendary perks should feel legendary and should only be obtained by hardcore grinders.

Right.... Hardcore battle bay grinders in the world of fortnite and PUBG.

5. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    After I burned out on the first interceptor event, I started caring less about events. I'm not gonna burn myself out on something that's designed to lead us to do tons of mind numbing battles.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. MobyDiver

MobyDiver New Member

Exactly how I feel about events. I like ranked matcheds more, so I only play them and only maybe 10 a day. It's very enjoyable game, which loses it's best parts if grinding without brains.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

So, the big question is: How do you provide a reasonable amount of progression in a game which doesn't have that many new players but a lot of "old" players?
    Rovio's answer in the moment is to stretch it out, make the progression a crawl. And sure, if you are a medium casual player (and this is the majority of players), you will never beat the best players already in the game which "congest" the higher leagues.
    So, how to solve this? Here a few possibilities:
    1. Progression with cosmetic advancements.
      As I said before, I don't get why Rovio is not providing cosmetic changes to the ships. Players love to personalize their stuff. And it's not affecting game progression at all - it just feels like an advancement is made.
    2. Enlarge the top.
      If you let everyone progress faster, they soon will all reach the top leagues. Why not provide multiple of them? A North American, European, Asian, Pacific etc. league?
      Or add other, higher leagues at the top?
    3. Let players start from the beginning.
      This is something which, for example, WoW did: You did everything in the game with your mage? Now do it again with your warlock.
      One of the problems in Battle Bay is, that infamy and overall progress is bound to the player, but not to the different boats they have. You have "completed" the game with your Shooter? Well then, try again with a Fixer. Or a Defender.
    4. Better events, better guild quests.
      Right now, the events and the guild quests are a daily grind. Like WoW's daily quests. Larger, more interesting events which will occur once a week would be interesting. Or inter-guild-battles: When 5 players of a guild enlist to the guild-battle, they will enter a battle with enemy 5 players from another guild as soon as all of them are ready. Make this a longer battle (e.g. like the deathmatches or capture the flag) instead of elimination battles.
    Do you have other ideas?

MobyDiver and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Show friendly load outs on the pre battle screen. So easy to do and requested many times already. This made strategies much more fun. Also, expand infamy. Win is +26 and loss is -24 infamy. The reset will sort out who belong where anyway.