1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic power cells ISSUE

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Napolike1926, 5 Dec 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181205-180138_Battle Bay.jpg

I get this offer all the time .. so, it's 16,000 pearls for 100 epic powercells or one max epic.

I haven't done the exact math, but it's something like 4k epic parts to max an epic item (or 48.4 million gold: 50 parts @ 605,000 gold), plus the gold for tier upgrades, plus the gold for lower rarity parts ...

The epic parts alone would take a max captain in NML around 2,000 matches to earn that much gold.

So ... after you've put in the time/money to get 6 epic duplicates, spent 120-130 hours in the matching queue and in battles to get the gold for the epic parts, you hit a paywall in the neighborhood of $114 for the privilege of upgrading the item you worked that hard for.

It comes down to the question of is this going make us money or piss people off and remove the incentive to spend money ...?

For me, it was simple.. I'm not spending that much to upgrade an epic that I'll use 1 out of 20 matches so there's no need for my VIP subscription, no reason to watch ads, and no reason to buy crates for more epics I can't upgrade.

Anywho, I can see how it's good to have another reason that's valuable -- assuming you don't want gold to have any value (since there's no reason to collect parts), don't want people leveling items, or taking advantage of the full spectrum of content you spent time creating --

Sidd gamer, Mad_Bulls_007 and Stelmo like this.
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

That offer seems to be a permanent fixture in my shop lately.
    100 euro for 80 cells (after years of work collecting the duplicates) is obscene.
    I think it disincentivises spending of any kind, but maybe that's just me..

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Jeetje... €100 :eek: That is much!
    Should there be people who buy it? Or do they just quit after seeing this? :eek:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You can buy a budget phone or even several console titles for that kind of money:eek:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Nikkie!

A new/bugdet phone to play more Battle Bay? :p

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I really don't know what they're thinking..
    It seems obvious to me that reasonable pricing would mean a lot more spending and a lot more money made.
    It seems to me that instead of just milking the handful of nutcases who pay for these 'deals' they could improve the game and their image, and make more money.
    Everybody wins.

Maybe there are more nutters out there than I can imagine though, I wouldn't be wholly surprised.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Nikkie!

4760E341-020B-49CC-832C-1C98983FEE8E.jpeg

Stelmo likes this.
  8. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

U can resolve the powercells issue by providing them as a season end rewards instead of epic parts. I don't see why they haven't done this yet.

30 epic parts is a joke. Instead they could give away 30 epic power cells. That would mean something.

They should also start giving away guaranteed epic item as a season end rewards. I think nightmare players derseves it. :rolleyes:

And for the top 10 players of the world, They should get guaranteed legendary item. Then more players would try to get to top 10.

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I remember about a year ago it was posted in the forum that the developers said basically the same answer. This was back when they actually replied in the forum on occasion.
    So here we are one year later and still nothing to speak of for improvement in the powercell economy.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I do as well. When I say "buy" I typically ignore the insanely priced deals, more focused on what's available in the actual market. $99 for a pretend item is gouging in my book, and I won't participate.

Sidd gamer, This Is Me and xArrogance like this.
  11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Don't worry, you can buy a few powercells with a couple of pearls. Wait, you thought I was talking about ingame pearls?

12. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

It happens, but it's not guaranteed. Anyway they should give us cells in other ways as well.
    The f.. should we do with our sugar always full? Let us exchange sugar for cells.. I don't know. Do something.

13. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Just farm commons god dang it worked for me

14. Napolike1926

As another player said it's bit annoying to scrap 2828376263 items. At least they could let us select X items to buy and choose if u want them in inventory or scrap all together.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Well o_O

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It happens every time, seems guaranteed to me.
    I scrap T2 rares consistently and I've never seen a drop that wasn't one of the 3 options described above.
    I agree that it's a loathsome practice and that power cells should be transferable between rarities if not completely removed from the game, but spreading false information doesn't really help anything.

AntiHero likes this.
  17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

"A bit annoying" is an understatement.

18. Napolike1926

False informations? Before the update I could read "1 guaranteed epic cell or better". Now they put off that write. If not because it's not guaranteed, why? Maybe we got high %. Infact I scrapped 3 t2 rares and got em as well, but I'm just saying it's not guaranteed anymore. Nothing false.

19. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

20. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

With other games I play lower lvl items can be combined to to give next lvl items.

Typically 4 to 1 ratio.

So 4 common gives uncommon
    4 uncommon gives rare
    4 rare gives epic
    4 epic gives legendary.

With this formula we would all be able to get power cells and be able to upgrade items.

I have numerous weapons I can evolve, but no cells.

Why won't they do this?

Simple, they want us to accumulate multiples of weapons and when we run out of room we have to spend pearls for more slots.