1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sreg, 7 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I too hated the dreaded mine, and thought it took little skill and crazy damage, and then I pulled an epic one and stored it.
    T1 epic mine isnt worth using I thought, but then pulled a 2nd, a 3rd and then a 4th so I thought time to build it up :)
    This was a painful road for me, as my blastian was never upgraded, so I had zero mine levels in training, and was underwhelming to say the least.
    Now 2 weeks later I have an epic 40 mine, and level 25/28 mine training, 3 x epic perks and 1 x rare event perk (damage / cooldown) and it is now hitting for around 4300.
    I am halfway to my 5th dupe thanks to weapon achievement and have only been using it for a few days!
    I only use it on my shooter at the moment and I am really enjoying it.
    Current build is:

T5 Epic Firebomb (Level 50)
    T5 Epic Flare (Level 49)
    T5 Epic Sniper (Level 50)
    T5 Epic Blast (Level 50)
    T4 Epic Mine (Level 40)

The mine I replaced my T5 Epic Carronade with, but both are viable loadouts.

Its working out really well.
    Earlier was playing ranked / ladder, and I died and our team was left 1 vs 3.
    I actually killed 2 of the remaining 3 with mines on the field and our guy won the 1 vs 1, so very useful.
    Even better in events, people are very careless in respawn game modes and just eat my mines over and over again.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Instead of nerfing mines, I think the game would be better balanced if they just had a counter. Why can't they be shot at? Why dont they explode from mortars? or torps? Why can't the new teal barrier be a mine sweeper?

Any of the pulse weapons or the new teal ones could sweep mines. Or take a short range weapon like carronade which can blow them up.

Or take something under used...cough FROST... and have it defuse any mine.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    saying that player are inexperienced who run into mines is so wrong . if there are few mines then okay people can avoid it but in few battle i saw all the see full ow mines and there was not even inch to move . can't go forward or backwards . this is so demotivated thing because you want to battle and when mine spammers fill all the sea with mines its not fun at all .

4. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Mines must get nerfed... either way as below
    1) Friend / unfriend color code
    2) maximum time for auto blow up
    3) Mines should not have range, they should be dropped right where the ship is
    4) Ship must come into contact with the mine in order to be damaged by it.
    5) Maximum mines one ship can plant. As soon as it plants beyond the max limit. The very first one should be automatically blown / removed.

I have tried to summarize above the very doable and desired nerfs. Devs please look into MINE problem. It is the scourge of the Battle Bay at the time.

Hellcat_17, TheAntiSnipe and Su-57 like this.
  5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    good suggestions . I like the idea of no range and number of mines per player .

color thing work in both way if both team have mines then both afraid moving over them . but they should give it try .

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Forgot to comment here(damn this 60 second cooldown on messages :D) but the problem is that what you suggest works in a 1v1, 1v2 at best. When you're in a speeder running for your life against t5E gunfire and THEN you see a minefield, THAT'S a checkmate no matter how you cut it. And as I said before, it takes NOOB SKILL to make a minefield, but GOD-TIER skill to traverse one in the middle of a firefight. And any enemy team worth their salt WILL take advantage of the minefield.

Why should we learn SO MUCH about dodging both gunfire and mines when it takes next to no skill to plant them? At least in TDM, mines need a heavy nerf. They're just fine in Ranked.

Nikkie! and Hellcat_17 like this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I don't think they need to be nerfed, most of the ideas above would kill the mine completely.
    Colour coded mines would be a nightmare, its a great trick when you see people heavily mining to throw a couple of yours into their field and wait for them to go boom :)
    Even "making a minefield" with zero skill, that takes a lot of time to sit out of the battle and place mine after mine in close proximity.
    By the time the minefield is finished there is a chance you will be heavily disadvantaged as your team has been fighting a 5 vs 4 whilst you have been mine spamming.
    I tend to fight as normal with my cannons and firebomb / flare, but if I cannot see any enemies I will throw a mine into a choke point / bush etc hoping to get lucky.
    The guys who take 2 or 3 mines into a battle and spam them everywhere are annoying as hell, and can appreciate that the problem is exaggerated if you are in a speeder.
    But people who use mainly mines have a lot of games where they deal zero damage as they rely too heavily on the mines and forget how to actually battle.

TheAntiSnipe and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think the biggest issue with mines in TDM is that they persist through death. If mines detonated once the player who laid them is killed it would solve a lot of the problems.
    Personally I think the same should apply to any other weapon/item effect like fire, Frost and stun.

9. d0dih

d0dih Member

As a mine user my counter answer is nerf everything else :D jokes aside, it`s not the easiest running a speeder with mine and nade and making success with it. Anyone who thinks elseways might just go and try it out :)

Ash KOT likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Really?
    So in ladder you are 2 vs 1 with the advantage, and the guy on the enemy team is very low on health.
    You manage to firebomb him and he snipes you and you die, you think this should extinguish his ship and allow him to continue?
    Personally I prefer how it is now, I have dealt many death sentences in my dying seconds of the game.

This Is Me and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I meant TDM as in event TDM modes.
    Currently I'm able to hit some one with flare and blast, die, respawn and hit them again with a blast before my first flare runs out.
    I guess if you're able to pull this off you deserve the extra damage but at what cost?

I've seen many people suicide to get a final shot off and that 1 death could be the cause of a loss.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

My main problem with mines is: There are quite some guys in the game which play mines only (I have seen this on fixers, speeders, enforcers and even defenders - also had the "pleasure" to watch a shooter with 4 mines lately, slowly dying in the end game) and when they are in my team, we loose. And especially with speeders and selfish fixers: You have to watch them evading for minutes until the four enemy surviving ships finally kill him. Those guys are unable to apply any pressure in the first few minutes and are responsible for the loss of the match and get the most "screentime".

13. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Mine is a map control item, im using mine as well and barely got any hit on it. But, the map controlling is amazing, lure the whole unfriends team to an open zone where your mates can focus fire, put some near the shooter who camped with all of their mortars, torps, FB and SC to get his *ss moving. On event, it should be a reduction just like in CTF so we wont have a field up mines out there but mine is fine

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Something needs to be done about mines. Look at this game from earlier today.

https://replay.battlebay.net/RCPHBKBX#NFGDXGMH

Towards the end I can barely move for mines. It’s a miracle I managed not to hit one, and really just lucky that I didn’t need my Nitro more. The fact that they do 5k damage if you even go near one, which is usually an instakill, makes the game almost unplayable.

And this isn’t just some ‘crazy’ game, like that time you got five fixers on the same team, every game is like this, to some degree.

I’m not anti-mines, I even have a Legendary one myself, but the spam is way over the top, and the damage is just ridiculous for something that is no longer ‘easy’ to avoid: not when every inch of the map is littered with them.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.
  15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

10 ships in the match and only 9 mines?
    Need to buff cooldown, range and damage on those bad boys.

16. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

This. I love seeing the dual mine speeder thinking they're clever then dropping one of mind into their spammed field.

It doesn't take skill to lomb mines in a starting area, but it does take skill to pick a spot where they're difficult to avoid. It also doesn't take skill to launch a big torp in the general direction of unfriends, but they, like mines, are moves that don't always pay off.
    It's far less skillful to spam mortars and forebombs

There are also set backs to mine, ie if you're 1v1 you are basically a weapon down or if you're in the open they're pretty much useless and avoidable.

TL;DR : Mines are strong, but they're balanced

17. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I would love to play that game, all the thrilling of moving through a mine and hope that it wont explode, nitro through a mine field just to realize that there are more mines a head, make a super sharp and perfect turn to deliver the final blow.

Games like that make BB fun and great to play, i would love to have that instead of this same ol camping and button pushing BS.

[​IMG]
    So many FBs, so fun yay...

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

That's a lot of firebombs..
    *sprays Debuff-Away*

Nikkie!, This Is Me and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

*Breaks out big boi*
    Screenshot_2018-12-09-21-24-24-647_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Yes that's an N.O.I special edition Debuff-Away with canted red dot/4× and a flared magwell, laser sight, suppressor and stainless-steel finish AND gold trim for good measure. And NO you may not drool on it

Nikkie! and Redneck Messiah like this.
  20. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Well, that only happen if someone play the boat at all not to mention using the item and buff the team not himself

TheAntiSnipe likes this.