1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship balancing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 4 Dec 2018.

?

Is speeder neglected and shooter OP?

1. Speeder is neglected

2. Speeder is not neglected

3. Shooter is OP

4. Shooter is not OP

5. Is fixer neglected?

6. Is fixer not neglected

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    1. Rovio, you have neglected speeder. Since the agility update to the teal update, speeders have been directly/indirectly nerfed every update. Why play speeder when enforcer is a better version? Any ideas to improve the ship? Or is it ok the way it is?

2. Shooter. Shooter is undeniably the most popular ship, with over 50% use. (According to Baystats) The 5 weapon slots are way too OP. I'm seeing games where all ships are shooter and any ship caught in the cannon fire are sunk in a few seconds. The health is also high, so it takes a while to sink it and the speed is surprisingly fast. Any ideas for balancing shooter?

Shooter users, feel free to debate this.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2018
    Jowiee, This Is Me and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Shooter would be OP if it had 6 weapon slots...but unfortunately it only has 5.

BB rewards damage and people like guns....so I'd argue Shooter usage rate doesn't necessarily correlate to it being perceived as OP.

SWAT0013, TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.
  3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I am not opposed to shooter being shooty. Maybe the issue is more that the Shooter can have 10k+ hp. Speeders and enfos have less hp, but with aiming, splash, sheer luck etc, people do not seem to have any issue with hitting the yellow boats. Shooter is best of all worlds, instead of just being good at one thing.

I agree with @envylife about Shooter usage rate. I'd also point out that it is also the first boat you get, and so people put a lot of energy into leveling it first, which results in it being their main ship.

A lot going on with multiple types of weapons and number of slots, complete balancing is very difficult if not impossible. I would like to see frost make an appearance which will help yellow slotted ships a lot.

Flint, Sidd gamer and Aether_Zero like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Speeders get 10k+ HP as well considering they have the Same blue slots as a Shooter, they just choose to use a bandage, which is why it looks like they have significantly less, but it's far from the case with a Bandage, and the ability to strap on a Tesla Shield

Enforcers get nearly 10k HP and can throw on two Tesla Shields, and/or Nitro/OB/TB for further protections.

Seems fair that Shooter gets a little more HP to make up for lack of speed or TS / TB protection. They are sitting ducks.

Sidd gamer and EyeOfDoom like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder needs a buff. Not too substantial, but a buff nevertheless.
    As for shooter, I've been on both the "predator" and the "prey" sides of that conflict. Shooters aren't all that strong. Except maybe moving down the top speed of the shooter by about 0.02 I wouldn't suggest any nerfs for it.

What IS op, however, is the ability of the firebomb as a close range weapon. The minimum effective range needs to be raised a notch to force shooters to use a flare or nade to ignite enemies up close.

Agile Vanguard, JoshW and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Can you add fixer in the poll?

7. Agile Vanguard

Done

8. Agile Vanguard

Are there even yellow event perks? If there is, shooter has 5 weapons and can fully utilise the red item perks.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Shooters have atleast 3k more health than Speeders. When the telsa shield breaks speeders are stunned.. with no way to defend themselves.. with all the event peaks speeders are easier to sink, hit, stun, set fire..etc.. I cant vouch for enforcers they have higher agility. Double shields and an extra weapon.. but speeders are definitely getting screwed.. 1 strong mine that I boost into could end me or leave me vulnerable to be shot shotted.

10. TheAntiSnipe

You're painting it wrong.
    MIDGAME speeders have these problems. Endgame and high skill speeders? Nope.

Agile Vanguard and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Screenshot_20181205-221800_Battle Bay.jpg

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

I mean I'm end game and still have this problem.. I was just in nightmare league few days ago. All these other ships are getting OP

13. TheAntiSnipe

Wait a second. Tell me this. How is Ranked going for you? And how are events going for you?
    Because the way I see it, what's happening with you is either that you've been playing too much TDM with speeder(constant engagements are not speeder's forte) or you've been playing Ranked against players with waaaaaay too many t3-t5 legendaries(sustain against all odds may be speeder's forte, but not with your close range style of nade+explo)

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  14. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

I dont really do events often.. I dont agree with the constant grind.. I have a life to live outside BB.. I cant sit eight hours a day for a perk

15. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

But you see that contradiction here.. this game is telling players to play a specific way.. I cant get close and to do real damage. And I only have two item slots. So if I'm distant I have fewer opportunities to actually hit the enemy.. I cant use telsa sheild or I'll get stunned.. and I gotta be careful when I use nitro cause mines are everywhere

16. TheAntiSnipe

Well, I'll tell you something. I play ranked, I get matched against NML top 50, and in those conditions, ANY ship feels weak. Do you know about the NML creep? Since the top players mostly farm events, you see that the world's top 50 are almost always around 4.3-4.4k infamy before the last week of the season. And even if they're not, they are still matched up against you because constant events lower the player pool and completely mess up any semblance of fairness in Ranked.

Agile Vanguard and Sidd gamer like this.
  17. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Gotchu.. yeah its messed up.. they should make another league for the elite elite..and stop resetting everyone infamy to 4k so I'm not matched up with them.

Sidd gamer, envylife and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Well, you're a run-and-gun class... what can I say? The game will always "force" you to choose a path to progress! TDM, you need to be dishing out heavy damage consistently, since the format encourages close combat-->Shooters everywhere. CTF, the game wants you to be fast and get to the flag-->Speeders everywhere. 2v2/3v3, needs 1v1 prowess -->Enfos, speeders and brawler shooters/defenders everywhere. As to why ranked is seeing minespam, well, I don't really know. But you use TS, you can "measure" the dead range of a mine easily. About the stun, always move with an OB activated, helps every time.

Agile Vanguard and CeeMeNoMore like this.
  19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

In the recent 2v2 event, it seemed like Shooters were dominating, and I found Shooter teams to be extremely OP. That’s profoundly wrong, because 2v2 is an area where Speeders should shine, and even the, now defunct, Tesla Bolt ought to have a chance at being useful... but the odds are just stacked too heavily in Shooters favour.

Even with stun, I just didn’t have enough firepower to make it a fair fight, and with Shooters being able to stack burst damage weapons, I could easily find myself crippled before the first stun bolt even landed. I was completely dependent on my Shooter teammate to carry all the damage. Shooters with half my infamy (and often inferior gear/training) were consistently doing double what I can do in terms of damage.

20. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I am no expert but I think for Speeder only one Style is viable that is Hit N Run. And personally I think its Fair Enough. Speeders who hit u and run n come back hit again are Nightmare

Sidd gamer, envylife and TheAntiSnipe like this.