1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Reaper Useless?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Winter Chicken, 4 Dec 2018.

1. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

I haven't really given the reaper much of a try, mostly because I don't have any greens leveled up, but it seems weak for the time it takes to upgrade.

Like I never see anyone in top 50 using it, and i almost never see it in battles. But what's you're expirement with it?

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it useless... However, it is a very niche ship, and many players prefer something with a bit more versatility.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I run it like a mk4 speeder with selfheal. Works excellently. One thing you should know is that, if EVERY enemy is targeting you, every FRIENDLY is targeting them. The type of kite I use is called the "health kite". I lower my HP till I make a super juicy target, then go to a point where anyone chasing me:
    • Cannot hit me
    • Is in a crossfire with the rest of my squad
    My cred: Have played about 20 for-real matches with a Reaper(substandard quality build on a lv23) and have lost 1.

Ultrah, Sidd gamer, Axios and 6 others like this.
  4. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Why isn't there any Reaper win Achivement ? Do devs too consider that no one will use that ship ?

Sewah and Sidd gamer like this.
  5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yeah,I can't see any achievement for Reaper though. Why?o_O
    @The Grim Repair reply for the above question be like:
    giphy.gif
    P.S. The Grim Repair,no offence here:D:p

6. TheAntiSnipe

In b4 Grim Repair's re-enactment of this gif :D

7. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

CD1565A4-19F2-4B09-A70F-D216AE938A8E.png
    About level 25 it started to become very good. At least for me.
    As for the carro ctf event it was superb. Double tape flag running with twin carro I averaged 7-8 coins a game even had a few 10 coins defeats.
    I am playing my fixer less and the reaper more. I use it completely selfishly with tapes or a box and tape. Averaging between 15-20k of damage an 0-3 k of healing others.
    I find I am not picked off first as I was when running the fixer, you can get out of danger quickly and the self healing is great.
    I don’t usually play close combat with it as it’s a bit to fragile, but I play as an annoyance and pop up at places and cause a distraction.
    Also it’s really good as a lure and do a spot of idiot shooter fishing. Pop out behind a rock with 3/4 health, hit a shooter. Sail away in the open with both tapes ticking and wait till he realises he is seperated from the pack!!
    Just make sure you get the one that shoots like a storm trooper not the ones that can actually lead shots.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Hahaha :D You sure do make a scary Reaper

9. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    It's another case of being weapon under-powered. Like the Guardian, it should have 3 weapon slots.

10. Craigjnoble

You have annihilated me a few times in the events. I wouldn’t go after you without backup haha

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its
    not useless , i found it difficult to sink because if someone have good lvl up items and leveled up ship it can be really good . it can run away faster when target with mortar or even cannon . miss shots lots of time and it can heal when your cannons are reloading it can recover most of the health .

12. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I think the reaper has a utilisation issue. How do you fully utilise all the slots on the ship? ... e.g. If you run Flare/Ex cannon with double tape, then you're wasting 1 slot in the red and green. Finding a competitive combination I think is quite hard for this boat. With the only positive being that you're hard to hit.

Then you have that low HP, good luck with mines! My reaper is level 26, it has 6,000 health and that's with a level 40 epic shield. One mine had me running back to my Fixer screaming MUMMY!!!!!

After reading the Reaper guide by Anti-snipe and watching the content, it did change my mind, so if you haven't checked it out yet then please do. I thought reaper was a complete write-off until then. But you can't just slap on whatever you have in your inventory and expect to perform well, you need a gameplan, strategy and a certain style of play to make it work. So it's useable but quite niche

Sewah, TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.
  13. Craigjnoble

7ECE5B25-5D65-4F7E-B727-3FBD59449DD1.png
    Now the achievement is available I wouldn’t say 332 wins as useless.
    It’s much better than my defender hahaha.

14. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

One of the issue with ship is it's hitbox

Reorge likes this.
  15. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

It’s a fun boat to play. Probably best as a distraction and for taking out boats who venture out on their own. Not very rewarding in events for me since they are mostly damaged based. Unfortunately since we are mostly playing events these days, I’m not getting to play it very often.

HappyUnicorn789 and Sidd gamer like this.
  16. Craigjnoble

Better rewards than I got as a fixer though :D

17. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

You are probably better at using it than I am then :)

18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It may be not useless but Out of all the boats it's the worst one.

BattleRascal likes this.