1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer / Guardian Fusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Scourge Argaen, 4 Dec 2018.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Considering that we now have a brand new item type being teal, I think this has paved the way for a true support class whose role is solely to heal and negate damage instead of dealing damage.

This will certainly be a BB first and a completely unique ship in its own right. My thoughts for ship composition would be along the lines of:

4GGG, 4TTT, 3BB

I think this would be quite an exciting concept and I'd certainly like to try something completely different. Dare I say, I'd abandon for my lifelong fixer for it.

Be good to get people's thoughts on the idea.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

and what will you do when you remain in the battle 1 on 1 with such a ship? constantly running away to play a draw, or automatically assign him a defeat?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I think 1R 2Y 3GG 2TT 3BB would be a really cool concept ship

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Scourge Argaen

@Sreg a fair point indeed. In that scenario you'd have to admit defeat I suppose. I guess it does make sense to have at least one weapon just in case but that will lead on to my thoughts on @KINGIVANOV's suggestion. Having your usable items split across 4 variants would make your options too weak and you wouldn't realistically fulfil any role well.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Psynikal

Psynikal New Member

I would be interested in playing something along these lines. The Teal item line intrigues me and I feel it would work quite well with a few greens in a support role. I think taking weapons off may leave it a tad vulnerable. 1 weapon slot could work.
    At any rate, I would definitely be interested in seeing a ship with a mix of Teal and Green in the future.

Sidd gamer and Scourge Argaen like this.
  6. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

You can post this idea in the NEW SHIP IDEA thread too

7. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

good luck on star calculation with that one.

benguin8 likes this.
  8. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Would it be a ship without weapons? So it can’t help itself? But I think it can be a good idea, very powerfull when you fleet with someone who can deal much (or many) damage

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  9. Scourge Argaen

@Psynikal at best, I think we would leave it to one weapon slot in the event that it does come to 1 on 1, just have to decide what we would sacrifice for it.

@Jowiee - Sorry about that, I did see your thread and it's a good one too, I just wasn't sure on special abilities to post it in there.

@Fixer sa Recto - The green items accrue the contribution like they do at the moment. The teal items mitigating damage should gain contribution at the same rate as if you were doing damage. Being that it has no weapons, it would need a modifier to take into account it has no yellows nor can it do fire damage.

@NIKKIE - With my current thoughts, that's essentially the case. It may not be able to deal damage but being that it can heal and mitigate damage it would be the most difficult ship to take down though not impossible if targeted by focus fire.

I want the ship to be a genuine team player ship. By removing the players compulsion to deal damage, it would help promote survival and the idea of working as an effective team to succeed.

Nikkie! likes this.