1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove item pieces from inventory

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ViscountSniffit, 5 Dec 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This has always been a bit of an issue, but with the new teal pieces, you are now required to set aside fifteen inventory slots, just for collecting pieces. That is actually more slots than new players start the game with. I personally have about 60 slots, which is a fair amount, but item pieces are still squatting a full quarter of my inventory.

Meanwhile, the resources page is mostly just wasted space: displaying however-many-thousand, meaningless, grey/green/blue power cells, that will never have any meaningful purpose in your game.

I suggest a restructuring of the inventory, moving pieces to the resources page, and making identical items, such as level 1 duplicates and perks, stackable.

Last edited: 5 Dec 2018
    Nikkie!, V__, Sidd gamer and 18 others like this.
  2. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    Free 5 slot inventory are fair enough for me

3. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

I support this request.

Hellcat_17 and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  4. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Same

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  5. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Agree, but they won't do it because then people wouldn't spend as many pearls on inventory slots

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Let's split this into two separate actionable requests because "Relocate item pieces to the Resources page" is a lot more likely to get traction on its own versus "Make identical items stackable."

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I didn't pay attention to who posted this idea in discord, but I love it.

Though, the item pieces on the resource page would have to allow for you to go over 10 (e.g., 28/10) so that you can choose when to combine them without losing new item pieces.

8. ViscountSniffit

That’s an elegant solution, and I think would actually be an improvement on the current system, which would also prevent the piece stacks from becoming fragmented.

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Yeah now theres five pieces in the game now it well be a complete mass

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is a great idea... it's a pain to manage pieces and items in the same inventory, particularly now that we have 5 colors and 3 levels of pieces to manage, that's 15 slots to work your item inventory around.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  11. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

+1
    Move item pieces to resources tab.

12. ViscountSniffit

Response from @Zeus on this issue: D52FC3A3-C36F-460F-84EF-6EF944744B63.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed explanation! (not :rolleyes: )

Honestly, if you want to talk Quality of Life, then claustrophobic inventory, and taxing perk swaps, are a huge frustration to all players, for what must be nominal spending. It is one of the negative parts of the game, that feels more like paying a tax than buying a treat.

15 slots for pieces, and each item requires 10 slots worth of duplicates and perks, prior to construction. Multiplied by eight items per ship... you’re looking at 95-100 inventory slots, just to support one ship.

Yes, you can manage with less, by juggling items to your ships and upgrading as you go, but I can attest, that I have 60-65 inventory slots, and managing it is like the worlds most annoying game of Tetris.

I am having to attach perks to items where I don’t want them, just to save space, then I am getting taxed to remove them. I am having to shuffle items onto my ships, and then getting quests for them that I don’t want.

I think this is actually one of the biggest frustrations in the game, now that training has been fixed. It deserves more than a one word response.

If you’re not going to improve the inventory, then you could ‘at least’ review the pricing, so that a ‘reasonable’ sized inventory is attainable, without spending thousands.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2018
  13. ViscountSniffit

I would also like to add that it is not just the limited size of the inventory that is annoying. Even with more slots, it is still frustrating to use.

Having multiple rows of pieces and duplicates means more scrolling (and scrolling still isn’t perfect). Furthermore, it is difficult to move items from the top of the inventory to the bottom, when scrolling is involved. This is especially true for items like perks and pieces that can’t be stored on a ship while you scroll. Those items have to be swapped up and down, a page at a time, and then everything swapped back. It is a painfully inadequate system.

I personally spend almost as much time in the inventory as I do playing the game. It’s something that every player needs to access multiple times per day. Every time you open a free crate, star crate, buy, combine, upgrade: you’re having to use the inventory.

Given its importance, I think it should actually be pretty high on your list for QoL improvements.

What's Up Player and Hellcat_17 like this.
  14. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

I agree completely.

Shuffling items between ships.
    Putting perks in duplicates
    Getting taxed to change or remove them Or losing the perk if you forget to remove it before you finally get enough cells to upgrade.

We should have definitely received extra slots for teal items.

15. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

I forgot to mention the continual red flag because you have earned a weapon in achievements and don't have the room.

My current one is about 3 weeks waiting.

16. ViscountSniffit

I did talk to Miika before about the tax on perk salvage. He explained that it was because you’re supposed to collect a full set of perks for each weapon. They don’t want you using one set of perks for two items. For example: swapping your perks between Flare and Napalm when you switch builds.

The problem, however, is that also stops you from using different perk loadouts on your favourite weapon. For example, I usually run Flare+EC, so I have burn perks on my EC. But if I get a Mine quest, and I want to switch to Mine+EC, then the burn perks are ‘kind of’ dead weight (or at least situational). I’d prefer to switch over to Damage or Crit Chance perks, because if I’ve only got one gun, I want to get a big burst out of it. But with Leggy perks costing 100 pearls to salvage, it might cost 350 pearls (or more) to swap and swap back for a few games.

The other issue, of course, is that when you have a full set of perks collected, you still can’t attach them all until you get to t4 Epic / t3 Legendary. So the perks end up stuck in inventory, or attached to your duplicates to save space. That not only leads to more tax, but as you say, risks then getting deleted when you evolve.

When I think about it, I don’t really see a big problem with people moving their perks between items. Even without the tax, it is inconvenient enough, that I expect most players would want to collect a second set ASAP.

However, if it really is an issue, then one solution might be to allow each item to have storage for a full set of perks (or even two sets), and then you can choose which ones you want to activate (depending on item rarity/level). That would help to declutter the inventory, and keep perks on the item that they are supposed to be on. It would also allow you to change and rearrange your perks without having to salavage them back to your inventory first.

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have well discussed suggestion threads from 2017 going over all the QoL improvements that could be done for Infamy, most changes were well received with the player base. Not a single one of them was considered by the Devs. It's really maddening the long list of tiny things that could be done to change the perception of this game by the entire player base, and even the whales have started to speak up at this point.