1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.1 "Teal-time Strategy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 28 Nov 2018.

1. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Ok I got to bring up one complaint about an overall exciting update. The change to ship pieces to coins is a major nerf. It used to be 65, 500, 5K pieces for 20 coins. Now it is 100, 300, 3k for 30 coins. The 35 extra coins is nice but the loss of 200 and 2k pieces is brutal especially with the increase cost. Please either increase the odds on the 300/3k pieces or revert the coins cost back to 20.

2. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

I agree

3. Hi im Stick

Hi im Stick New Member

just stun the guardian

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Guardian is throwing off some weird noises, like a jet engine. Its really loud and you can here it when you are close to one.
    It doesn't happen every time.

Sidd gamer and HappyUnicorn789 like this.
  5. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Stuck at work, can't update and see.

Please tell me slots/points for new ship?

How many combo teal/blue slots did Defender get?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Guardian
    Slots: 3RR 4TTT 4BBB
    HP: 2700 - 12200 (estimated)
    Speed: 1.0 - 1.51
    Agility: 60° ship, 75° turret

One Defender Blue slot becomes a Teal/Blue hybrid, you only get 1 Teal point though.

Wall and Bolster are 2pt Teal, Cleanse and Aura are 1pt.

7. SlayerofSergeants

Thank you my dude!

8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they can still use the crew but rather then choosing one item between two tjis is better . but they can design it in a way that it looks like items train under specific captains or trainers .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. SlayerofSergeants

Bummer that, Defender really needs that item to maintain "Defender" status.

XQT likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael New Member

Yes exactly .

11. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I'd very much like to query the debuff reduction for fire and hopefully it's not just a flat reduction for it.

Flares & FBs don't always last their maximum duration as it currently is. This is down to the proximity of the ship to the Fire Bombs centre dictating it's duration and the fact that a ship being killed whilst on fire also cuts the damage short. By nature these are the weapons more likely than the rest to not git their full damage potential.

If the spray directly reduces the duration of them, this is a direct nerf and quite a significant one to their damage.

What I would expect it to do is reduce the duration of the actual debuffs that come with it from the talents. Those being that damage is increased by 30% and healing reduced by 30%.

Hopefully that's how they will work.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Agreed, it fits the character of the Defender as a "Tank" to be able to reinforce itself before that charge into enemy lines. Of course, if they fleet with a Guardian, that teammate could then fire out a Defense Aura, put up the Wall, and charge with them.

Cleanse is a flat duration reduction. Range for an Epic is from 5.5s to 12.5s removal.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. capphil11

capphil11 Member

To be precise the new ship piece box structure is about a 35% nerf. Here is the rough math.

Old box: 20 coins for for 39.5% chance for 65, 10% chance for 500, 0.5% chance for 5000 for one of the ships. Times 2 for the two ships
    Expected total ship pieces (ignoring kind)
    (65*0.395 + 500*0.1 + 5000*0.005) * 2 = 201.35 pieces / 20 coins = 10.0675 pieces per coin

New box: 30 coins for for 40% chance for 100, 9% chance for 300, 1% chance for 3000 for one of the ships. Times 2 for the two ships
    Expected total ship pieces (ignoring kind)
    (100*0.4 + 300*0.09 + 3000*0.01) * 2 = 194 pieces / 30 coins = 6.4667 pieces per coin

Maybe it will revert back to the old one after this event but I honestly doubt it. Seems that they felt people were leveling ships too quickly with the non-stop events before. As someone who was getting close to having a semi-usable interceptor, it's a bummer.

14. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I am enjoying the direction the game is going. It would be fun to have 20-30 different types of ship all play together with 100’s of different weapon. Hopefully this way, game balance would be more interesting and versatile. Looking forward to see:

1.) More ships
    2.) More items
    3.) More maps
    4.) More battle modes
    5.) More creativity

15. Jarex

Jarex New Member

Good update, more content, more fun... But 3k coins in 6 day, really? Maybe more coins for final prise? 6k or 8k? No comments...

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  16. Markus Oksanen

Markus Oksanen New Member

No they cannot but you will be hit anand STUNNED!

17. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I'd like to state some issues.
    • Firstly I thought defender was finally getting some love until I realized it can use only 1 teal item that too which have to be 1 point.
    • Guardian is pointless right now. It gets Zero rewards for helping it's teammates. Doesn't show any stats of reducing debuffs, or taking dmg for your mates (when using defence aura) either.
    • Why is the color of yellow items darker and uglier ? Is it an intentional change ?
    • Cleanse pulse should reduce debuffs by % and not by direct seconds. Why ? It has only 4 trainings in its talent tree and all of them reduce cooldown time only. So if me and a new player earn the legendary cleanse pulse in event both of our pulses will reduce the debuffs by same amount of duration no matter what the difference of our item training is. A tesla bolt stuns for 10 secs after it is trained and levelled up enough but now even a newbie with a legendary cleanse pulse(with no training) can remove it instantly (without even removing the stun resistant). But it's not the same with fire. Only half of fire burn duration can be removed with it. So currently it's OP against Tesla bolt and frost items which are already the least used yellow items. But if it reduced the debuff by % it would be better and more balanced. E.g. a legendary cleanse pulse reducing debuff by around 50% will reduce a 10s stun by 5 sec and 22 sec fire burn by 11 sec. I don't like the idea of cleanse pulse instantly removing stuns and frost (which are already dead/underused) while it removes fire only by half(which is already cancerous).

Btw I love how y'all introduced an item that reduces debuffs but didn't even care to fix frost items. Even the few remaining people that use frost items will stop using them now hence getting to see more double bubbles and double nitros. Will wait for the nitro nerf thou. Btw thanks for the unnecessary nerfing of already expensive ship pieces crates. Gotta agree you guys are freaking geniuses !

Last edited: 3 Dec 2018
  18. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

Okay ,,, here is my 1st impression,
    1- CleansePulse and Defense Aura wont be used , on both the defender and the Guardian , which means that defender isnt going to benift from this update.
    2- the new ship is fun and strong and actually worth the grind :) , it can absorb a good amount of damage and its speed and agility are very good making it fun to use
    3- this ship will probably be the 1st ship to be used at high lvl without using all of its slots since people are going to use the the Aura and the Wall , unless new teal items have been introduced in the next few Months of course :)
    4- thats a nice colour :)
    5- no one is going to play defender from now on ,,, lol ,,, i mean less players at high lvl will ,, since many defender players will probably switch to the new ship over time , defender still needs some love :).

HappyUnicorn789 and XQT like this.
  19. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Those smiley faces are insulting, also cleanse pulse most definitely will be used, same with the defense aura. My crappy uncommon cleanse pulse already takes off 5 seconds of debuff. This thing still needs a point benefit from both of those items though.

20. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

@Reorge I noticed the same re the yellow items. Much darker than usual.

Ship levels have also disappeared off the team composition screens as the match is about to begin.

Reorge likes this.