1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New ship ( Defender 2.0 )?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 28 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

I hope they will think about providing a way to get the new ship (and the new items) by playing Battle Bay in the original way.

With the first two new ships, the urge to get them was rather low: In the end, they were just variations of some ship statistics and the F2P player as well as the casual player was OK with the variants he gets through the older ship types.
    However, they now seem to introduce new item types (the question is: will they also add this new item type to some of the established ship types?) and it's reasonable to assume that they do this, because they want to introduce a new ship role. The defender itself has no active ways to protect the team members, he only does this indirectly by drawing enemy fire on himself. The guardian seems to have items which can be activated to support or protect its team members (also by removing debuffs). This is also different to the fixer, which protects it's team members after the fact, by healing them.
    It's a lot more annyoing to not be able to get a new ship role. And my guess would be, that this would once again make quite some players more angry towards Rovio.

It may sound stupid, but I really liked what Rovio introduced with their latest updates. I just didn't like the way HOW they introduced them. They force me to change the way I like to play this wonderful game. Investing half of my time in events which I don't like as much as the standard matches is not something I prefer.

envylife, Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

I can report that the update info makes me happy. ;)
    Guardian can be bought with gold, Defender gets a hybrid item slot.

So, let's hope the devs will continue to get the game back on track. There are still some problems which can be solved, e.g. envylife's reports about the NML infamy resets, the roles of events vs ladder in the game etc.. But this is a good start.

Aether_Zero and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea, more than just NML Reset, without everyone participating in Infamy input due to continuous Events, the League system now no sense to base battle rewards on.

4. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Look who's laughing now.

5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Wait I'm not sure what you're trying to say.. Do you think I'm not happy that Guardian is actually upgraded with gold? Like I said in patch notes thread earlier today, it was a nice surprise and I'm happy they decided to make this move. But wasn't my previous cynicism understandable after the last two new ships?

6. Guncaptain809

Chill man I was just making a joke.

7. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

If you're telling a joke you should make sure people understand it's a joke ;) I mean, I can only see your text.

8. Guncaptain809

Either way it still wasn't meant to be offensive, I'm sorry if I made it look that way.

Sifa likes this.