1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Phone, Tablet or laptop?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by aKifer, 23 Jul 2017.

?

Which device do you use to play battle bay?

1. Phone

70 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Tablet

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Laptop/PC

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Which one do you use to play battle bay?

Miathan likes this.
  2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I used to use the samsung Galaxy s6, now I use the galaxy s8+ (lol shiny new phone ftw). I have a setup for my Computer as well but I only use it for chatting on the side with my guild. I played a few battles on it using the keyboard and it was difficult to control to say the least... I'm curious to know how people play on PC

3. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

I use my ancient Android Motorola.

I think if is the PC it's those ppl who have win 10 touch screen

4. Captain Gilligan

There is a system on the "bluestacks" program that allows you to use the keyboard to "tap" the screen in certain locations. I have heard of people playing the game this way

5. Lvhoang

Lvhoang New Member

Ive used Memu / bluestacks a few times.
    The problem with it is, if you only use point and shoot weapons (cannons for example) then you re fine. BUT if you start using mortars, torpedoes ..... you need to be firing with anticipation - basically once you see an enemy you can only shoot at him, and NOT where you think he should be: screen locks at your enemy's position and if you sue torpedo / mortar.... you can only shoot where he is. By the time the hit lands, he will already be far.

So in fact, no way to shoot by anticipation - only point and shoot at enemy.

I love the emulators for not ruining my battery but Battle Bay is hard to play with any weapon requiring you to shoot by anticipation.

_devill and Captain Gilligan like this.
  6. Captain Gilligan

I found this as well. And I wondered if there was a better way to play using a PC. Maybe using a controller? But I think that's going quite far from how the game was intended to be played.

7. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Shit I want an s8+ so bad. Too bad I'm a poor college student, can't afford to change phone each year. But I guess my s7 edge isn't that shabby either.
    Does the game support full screen on s8+ anyway? You know, because of its long 18,5:9 aspect ratio.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Captain Gilligan

Yes it does, and it "looks" glorious:p but plays horribly in full screen. The corners of the S8+ are rounded so if you have it in full screen then the things in the corners are cut off, and gameplay was really difficult in full screen as well because the controls were shifted closer on the edge to each hand. HOWEVER, Playing it in a normal 16:9 aspect ratio it works perfectly fine :)

9. Jinx

Jinx New Member

I am playing this on an s8+ and PC. The phone hurts my eyes after a few rounds so I started looking to the PC. I am able to play for at least an hour with no issues. I am using the Nox emulator as it's free and it seems to work well with this game.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I primarily use a Galaxy tab and also an LG V20, both of which which works really well... however long sessions on the phone result in a hot screen and a burned thumb where the processor is.

11. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

iPhone 7+.

12. Prodigy858

Prodigy858 New Member

iPhone 8+

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Nvidia SHIELD K1 tablet. Such a pitty they're not made anymore, I hope mine will never break because it's awesome.

Elena Kr likes this.
  14. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'm playing this game on an iPad 4th generation. While my device may be a little bit outdated, I can play battle bay with zero lag, and zero problems. Just goes to show, you don't need an all powerfull and expensive device to enjoy battle bay.

Also, playing with a bigger screen than phone kinda gives you an edge over phone players. Easier aiming, easier leading shots, less tapping of wrong buttons, and destruction messages or battle medals doesn't get in your way.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  15. V3n()m

V3n()m New Member

Hi everyone . I use laptop and i have this configuration.
    The only disadvantage that is that i don't move my focus left / right, and if my enemy is parallel with me i will miss it .... :(

Attached Files:

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
  17. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

i prefer to play on my smart watch, but that's just me.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bluetooth headphone player here, playin by echolocation :eek:

Nikkie! likes this.
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

i tried that before but getting railgun'd to the ear wasn't pleasant.

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

True, true. You just gotta tough it out sometimes, like when the berta hits. Or when you start listening to VIP chat :p

Nikkie! likes this.