1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New blue item for only Defender

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sreg, 29 Sep 2018.

1. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Hello everyone, me have such an idea, a blue object, special for the defender, on other ships will not work.
    Electromagnetic shield. Shield that will cancel any projectiles, except mines, fire and freezes. In the area of the shield, the torpedo will be stunned and drowned, mortars and rockets will not explode falling into the water, gun shells will change the flight path, you will never get there from far, but at point-blank range you can get to the ship.
    The shield itself has an energy capacity equal to HP / 2 or HP / 3 of the ship, and the energy itself is charged when the defender is not attacked for 10 seconds, and the better the shield the faster it is charged. A friendly tesla bolt can speed up charging the shield. The size of the electromagnetic shield is 3 times larger than the Tesla Shield, and it is invisible, since it is a passive object, the shield effect is only visible when any projectile is canceled when there is energy. Then I'll finish the description, if something is not clear, then the Google translator is applied.

HappyUnicorn789, RACK STAR and *JAWS* like this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Defenders are hard enough to sink already so I don't think this would be beneficial to the bay. It might work if it took up 3 blue slots since it is essentially a recharging big shield.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Defenders are like the easiest ships to sink on the bay. They're slow with a big hitbox, so they can't dodge like a speeder or enforcer. They are usually not protected by teammates like fixers are. And they can't sink the enemies as fast as shooters can. Their defense does nothing. Hp difference isn't that big and doesn't make up for all it's cons.
    I feel like this would be op, but maybe with decrease in stats it could work.

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I can't remember the last time my teammates actually protected me :(

HappyUnicorn789, *JAWS* and JoshW like this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

For me the defenders I play against have 2x the hp of my shooter. You might argue that I have more firepower but I run a combo of long and close range so I either can't hit them with my long range or my short range effectively cutting my fire power in half.

6. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Shield is not so strong, it might seem, if the defender has 15k HP, then the shield will have about 5k, and this is 2-3 hits and the shield is gone, and that would be the shield charged, you need so much time to spend ...
    And do not forget, at the shield itself hit box can be more, which makes it easier for the opponent to extinguish the shield, even if he missed a inch from the ship ...

7. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

5k hp would take more than two shots and the bigger radius would mean that it can protect the whole team.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Yes, it's essentially a bigger and stronger ts that you can protect multiple ships with. It makes sense for the defenders role but all the issues we currently see with double ts would also apply here.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It takes forever to sink a strong Defender... nearly 2x the effort of sinking a Shooter, and that time consuming effort distracts from the game. It's why a Defender with good strategy can be a game changer. Unfortunately most of them go off solo and pretend they can take on the opponent by themselves, which is why they can sink fast - with multiple boats targeting them.

JoshW likes this.
  10. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

How sad that they made a protective screen for the new ship, and not for an old defender. But apparently they got my idea underlined ...

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  11. MGEV

MGEV Member

It's normal that I run into 18-20k defender and they are very hard to kill. Shooter may have more guns but not always it has the best setup to kill a defender fast, anything other than cannon + fire is less efficient to finish defender quickly.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Let's see what happens when Guardians become meta :D I'm predicting my "flash flame" skill is going to come in handy now :D

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.