1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenade/missile

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 27 Nov 2018.

1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Are grenades/missiles worth it on a speeder? Both rare

Edit: Just realised I posted this on off topic lol.

Sidd gamer and The Otherguy like this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    @The Grim Repair or one of the MVPs can move it.
    I used to run grenade on my speeder, Waveblower ran Missiles on speeder, but it's hard to hit enfos, 'cpters, and speeders, so it's not often used, as most speeders don't stay with their team.
    @TheAntiSnipe

3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Not sure if the missile does high damage. Grenade is probably better but still, who doesn't like the sliding sound of missiles releasing?

Anyway, I switch between big torp, flare, 2nd blast cannon or carronade on my speeder. Want to try something new.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Correct on all points! Grenade is definitely super strong on speeder, and missiles, with their low-speed requirements, will almost always do better on other, slower ships.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Grenades are good for speeders. If you have a couple upgraded or a blast/EC to pair it with you will be golden. It's one of the setup I want to run right now but I don't have any grenades so whatever.

Missiles are a vaible setup for speeder. Before you go out with the setup consider the downsides. Missiles are unpredictable. The spread is rng based and clusters less often than you may believe. Landing missile shots is hard when the target is moving around a lot. At the same time you have to keep a decent distance between you and target. You can't use a Tesla Shield cos if a speeder gets in close you should be able to keep distance between you and the target. Stun and move away to attack. You will be constantly targeted by snipers so nitro is a must have with the lowest possible cool down. You will be flanking a lot using missiles. Always remember that if you can hit a target you will be in range for opponents missiles too so better flank than run up straight into trouble. Maps with roofs or any sort of cover above will be a pain. You won't be able to do much with only 1 weapon.

The setup may be effective with frost but I haven't tried it. Too many dumb people around to risk it.

Leaving aside the downsides it's a really fun setup to try. I have seen only a few speeders using this setup tbh. It's effective if your team is pushing and you need a distraction or pick up some lone ships running around trying to get out of line of fire. At best this setup will be very effective in situations where you have at least one boat for support or a really slow lone target so you can hit and get away easily.

Finally. Are missiles worth it? It's can be fun to use sometimes but a regular thing will require more effort than it's worth.

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That about sums it up. There was someone called Red Deadpool who used missiles, but he used a sniper cannon if I remember correctly. I'm building up missiles myself for their ranged viability and low CD values. One thing you need to know is that the target should NOT be headed towards you, since it lowers the effective size of the target since missiles spread horizontally.

Great weapon, bad on speeder, however, as Devill pointed out, super satisfying when pulled off well.