1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Requests Friends At Your Own Risk

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Jamel H., 23 Nov 2018.

1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Have you ever sent a friend request only to receive an insult in return? Internet bullies are disgusting in my opinion and at the first sign of such behavior, something should be done to stop them.

20181122_213053.png

20181122_144703.png

AntiHero and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Hey cool!
    You are in Griffin Warriors:)
    Do you know Pixel Jinx? (He has often a song in his head lol) Don’t ask me why I ask :D

Nikkie;)

Jamel H. likes this.
  3. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I sure do. Awesome guildmate!

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Please use the in-game reporting tool if you encounter such players, under the "Harassment" category.

5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol I usually receive friends requests then get told how bad I am!
    In fairness tho they found me in random games and saw first hand how much I suck so can’t deny what they say lol

Nikkie!, Redneck Messiah and Jamel H. like this.
  6. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Lol...

7. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

just say "you're welcome!"

Jamel H. likes this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

lol that's my teammates whenever I bring my selfish fixer into ranked ;)

Sewah and Jamel H. like this.
  9. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Still don’t get why duct tape fixers cop so much hate lol
    Fair enough if the player was bad, but if they hold their own and contribute to a win then what’s the problem?

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

It's because people expect fixers to heal them, and if they loose they blame the loss on the sefish fixer with less than 5k healing even though the fixer healed themselves for like 15k.

11. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

This has only happened to me one time, 3 months ago when I was playing a double-mine speeder on ChillZone and actually I had a decent game. We lost because one of my teammates(shooter) saw I was playing double-mine speeder and he took off to the Capture zone. Afterward the guy friended and messaged me and after harassing me to tell me how bad I suck, then told me he went to the capture zone so I would lose and would do it again if I am in another battle with him. This person was in your guild, Griffin Warriors. But I won't name any names on the forum.

I didn't report him, because the irony of him telling me how much I sucked was so funny considering how much higher gear score he had than me, yet he was 800 lower in infamy.

Jamel H. likes this.
  12. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Has anyone banned via that report? There is doubt that devs actually punish users. Please don’t say “devs working on it” repeatedly. Tell us who got punished or how many users suspended // punished at least

Jamel H. likes this.
  13. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Devs don't really care. Why wouldn't they let us know this stuff? It's not like they have to post it daily. It could be weekly or semi-weekly report. Like I've said before.... devs want us to play and want us to pay, but they show no real concern for the health of the community. Having moderators is supposed to feel that void I guess. I even inboxed someone last week and still no response.

14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I get load of friends request and most will curse and then unfriend.

None will cursed and stay for me to counter their cursing.

Very cowardly action.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Usually if people are going to be jerks, they add me, rather than the other way around. However, one time there was a misunderstanding, which I always felt kinda bad about.

It was during the first 1v1 event, and I got matched against an Enforcer, on Brawl Park. When I got out into the middle, he was hiding behind the little rock , and throwing mines around. Every time I tried to circle around to shoot him, he circled the other way to stay hidden, and it got more and more dangerous to manoeuvre. He was actually incredibly good at staying hidden, and before long I realised that I was just as likely to hit a mine as get an angle on him.

Frustrated, I decided to just give up chasing him, and try to capture instead. But as soon as the capture timer started, he fired off a Ballpark from behind his rock, making the capture impossible.

It was like some beautiful checkmate. I couldn’t shoot him, and I couldn’t capture. I tried again to get an angle, but it was too late, the timer ran out and we drew, but he definitely won on coins.

I can see how some people might have been annoyed by his strategy, but I thought it was genius. I immediately added him as a friend.

Unfortunately, however, I guess he’d already had too many negative friend requests. When I got back from my next game, I found he’d accepted, typed ‘what?’ into the chat window, and then removed and blocked me before I could respond. :(

I can’t remember his name anymore, but on the off chance he reads this... dude! I just thought you had a really cool and original strategy, and I genuinely wanted to be friends!

This actually upset me more than any troll ever could, and shows just how damaging trolls are in this game. They don’t just insult, and waste people’s time, they do something far worse, which is to create an environment where people are suspicious of each other, that prevents genuine friend requests from being accepted.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2018
  16. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This happened to me once also, but it's rather funny story.

We were left 2 (speeders with really low health) against 1 (him, shooter with almost full health). There was less than a minute left. Shooters just don't understand.. We managed to make it a 4-3 draw (with the old system it would be actually a win!) just by running and hiding away from him. He played good, but we always managed to run away.

After the battle he added me, and started the things you would expect ("coward playstyle, let's go 1v1, you suck" etc).
    But what happened next, I explained him why we did that, we started to chat and he actually turned out to be a really nice guy.

Yes, we fleeted many times after, gained lots of infamy together as he really is a good shooter.

The moral of my story is : the bay might surprise you sometimes ;)

17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Some very bad ones have been muted permanently or even got their accounts removed. But many people who have been reported have not been punished at all. Maybe it comes down to the vast number of reports every day, I don't know. But even some people with inappropriate names are still around after I reported them. I won't repeat their names here, but some have names from famous Nazi war ships, which killed 1000s of innocent people.

But don't forget, they receive many, many reports daily and should someone get punished for saying 'you suck'?

I would not say such a thing and I don't know why people do. But there are severe cases where people got punished.

If you think someone did you really wrong or was so rude, then just contact one of the Mods.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2018
  18. beeare

beeare New Member

Removed by mod - you reported him, that's the correct step. Thanks. After a battle I got a friend request I accepted and this was posted, then he blocked me, what a coward. I was surprised as he didn’t do as well in the battle, of course I reported him.....

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Feb 2019
  19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol a hit and run

beeare and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    My experience was somebody sent me request and asked me to fleet i accepted . he said don't messed up . i said we will see .

we get into battle all team died in the moment was left at the when unfriendly had 3 player . we lost the battle . then i received message from me he was on a losing strick and put blame on me for lose when i was the top dmg dealer . i had unfriend him m