1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday deal

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Djradnad, 23 Nov 2018.

1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

36A34078-51A2-44CF-AC84-B4CC360C9517.png 8EF1FDBB-E0EF-4D80-BCD8-95B4B2485D97.png Any takers?
    Weird how it’s a different deal for someone else.. post yours if ya got em, is this just regional?

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
  2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Here are mine all similar Screenshot_20181123-100510.jpg Screenshot_20181123-100506.jpg Screenshot_20181123-100459.jpg

KINGIVANOV and Djradnad like this.
  3. Djradnad

7B71F030-10EE-4B81-BDFC-9641326FC82E.png
    Yep those are the same as mine. I’m wondering what determines if ya get the pearl deal or the ship parts deal

Edit: seems to be that the pearl deal is for players that have never spent money on the game

So basically the pearl deal is half off
    And the pieces are fullprice 100$+ 60$ worth of containers
    compare to 8containers for 100, that was just an +60$of containter
    pearls tho, much better

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer and Kurd1stan. like this.
  4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

hey, that is me :) .

prices*.

Djradnad likes this.
  5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Malaysia BB Black Friday Deal on Android
    Screenshot_20181123-202644_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181123-202624_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181123-202533_Battle Bay.jpg
    If it was 50% cheaper than I can call it a Deal.
    But with its current pricing it's really no a Deal.

Way way to expensive and my inventory can't hold all the items and I will end up scrapping items in order to use it.

Seriously Dev, it's really NOT A DEAL.

If Reaper have a brother it will be called RIP OFF!!!

Dr. Reaper, Djradnad, Ultrah and 3 others like this.
  6. NmE

NmE Member

Sad sad day. I really hope no one buys it.

At this point i wouldn’t spend a dime with rumors of bb stopping and their profits cut in half for the last quarter.

Sidd gamer and NeptuneGaming like this.
  7. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Funny you said this lol
    Because all the pictures say: WHAT A LUCKY DAY
    :p

This Is Me and Djradnad like this.
  8. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

And the growing feelings that they might not be rumors...

Sidd gamer and RACK STAR like this.
  9. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I think the “rumors” are just people here making stuff up. Rovio is investing money in game design changes (whether you like them or not). There would be a significant labour cost to designing and coding the changes that we have seen. Companies that are shutting down a chunk of the business do not do that. Even the investor report indicated that the changes were done for future growth of the game. And despite reduced profits, the game is still profitable - so I wouldn’t imagine they want to cut off money coming in for no good reason.

Several years ago I stopped playing another game for exactly the same reason - rumors of the impending end of the game. The game is still alive today - so lesson learned.

That being said, I’m not impressed with these “deals” either and can’t imagine they will add much to their bottom line.

Nikkie!, Sewah, This Is Me and 4 others like this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's always been my thought: everything is 2x more expensive than I'd be willing to pay, and these recent deals are even more than that due to the valuation of Ship Pieces . My top deal is $99 for 3 containers and 20k ship pieces (spread across 2 boats). Common prior deals were 8 Containers for $99.

Sewah and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

put ‘DEAL’ in any offer and it sounds like a money-saver.. sheesh..

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

$99 vs. £99, based on current exchange rates $99 is £77 pounds. One hell of a difference.

13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

well ,as said before by zues, prices are set by Google , in this livestream.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. NmE

NmE Member

I’m gunna call bullspit, you can say anything you want during an interview. It’s your app and you have 100% control of prices or every app would have this bad pricing.

What’s sad is if people didn’t take the offers they would drop the price.

envylife and Djradnad like this.
  15. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat??? $100 for 20k ship parts and 30 premium chests?
    W H A T A L U C K Y D A Y !

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Likely referring to the cut that Google takes, which is a flat percentage, not a driver of whether to charge $1 or $1000 for a virtual item.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. Redneck Messiah

SO... How much DOES this save?
    3 epic containers, 20k parts for $100 USD: Normal price of 3 epic boxes is $ 100 (spending least possible on pearls), and 20k ship parts is $100. Total: $200. Offer savings: 50%, $100
    1 ec, 8k parts for $50: Normal price of 1 ec is $40 (cheapest pearl packs possible), and 8k parts is $50 (25 $2 320packs). Total: $90. Offer savings: 55%, $50
    2 prem chests, 1200 parks for $10: normal price of 2 prems is $10 (cheapest pearl packs) and 1200 parts is about $6.66 (using $9.99 price for 1800 as an estimate). total: $16 Offer savings: 40% approx, $6.

All in all, the deals actually aren't COMPLETE trash.

Edit: God I hate math. There's a reason I threw a party after I graduated, and it sure as hell isn't real life lol
    Edit Edit: What math? You used Google Calculator, Redneck you lazy torp spammer.
    Edit Edit Edit: Don't listen to him, he's jealous that I can does math.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Djradnad

You can’t does maths
    5$for a pearl diver to find you 1k pearls
    Epic container is 4K pearls
    20$ for a container is the cheapest, not your 40$ you came up with

I have no idea where you are getting your numbers for any of the other stuff, ec and 8k parts for 50$? Where in the world do you see that? 1200parks? Are you a city council member and a nature lover? I’m immensely confused by your post.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. Redneck Messiah

Dude, I stated where I got my numbers from... did you read the parentheses?
    And I used the actual value of 3900 for ecs, rather than rounding it like you clearly did.
    I also assumed that you were buying pearl PACKS rather than a diver, since they are more similar to the offers.
    And, show me where I said parks?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. Djradnad

Ok, so let’s say you are some rich man that already has the pearl diver bought and you still want more so you choose to buy 200$ of pearl packs for 28000 pearls total, that’s 7ec (+700pearls leftover that I’m definitely gonna ignore)

$200/7=$28.5 not your 40$ you came up with.

Now I want you to compare the best Black Friday deal to the best offers we usually get on holiday.

Black Friday
    20k ship pieces + 3ec for 100$
    100$ of ship pieces usually costs 100$
    Those 3ec would be 60$ of Divers or (as you would like to do it) 85.5$ worth of the pearls from the best offer pearl pack.

Holiday offers
    8ec for 100$
    160$ of diver or 228$ Worth of pearls from pearl packs.

Which looks like a better deal to you?

Lastly, I would like to criticize the team that put these offers together that chose to give the 50% deal to those that have spent nothing on the game, sure that’s only a +40$ value, compared to our +60$ value and they won’t get the different deals in the future, but as someone that has only spent 5$ or 10$ at a time and only 40$ total on this game, why In the world do you think I would be interested in deals that are 20$-100$? And why would I buy this if I passed on all of the holiday offers? My purchases were for the starting deal that was better than the pearl diver, and a couple vip months that allowed me to not watch ads..

I don’t watch ads anymore, but I also don’t buy vip anymore, I’ve just settled for less rewards.

Anyways, if the devs read this, please make cheaper offers for ALL players (5$ and 10$ offers) or at least expand your offers for free players to this of us that aren’t big ballers, I probably would’ve bought that 40$ deal if it was offered to me, just because it’s bettet than any other deal I’ve seen.

Sidd gamer likes this.