1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Option to disable optical effects

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by JediKnight1968, 31 Oct 2018.

1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Please Please pretty please. If any dev is listening make an option to disable battle optical effects.

We get hit by a torpedo then 2 secs of blasting don't see a thing, then hit by an exploding cannon you don't see a thing they you die because you got stuck on a wall cause you didn't see a thing.

Please give us an option to disable the effects or minimize them.

2. JediKnight1968

Any reply???

3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I agree, I've been in the same situation. But I guess the reduced visability of naplam is intended.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I doubt it’s something they will be interested in removing (even optionally). They probably consider all the flashing to be part of the experience.

I agree, however, that the effects can be very annoying. I notice in my Speeder that I’m often completely blinded at critical moments. If I could turn the effects off, I probably would.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I treat "flashbang"ing my opponent with a blast cannon as an actual CQC strategy, and I pride myself as being a duelist who uses every little mechanic I can against my opponent.

However, such an option, I think will NOT affect my tactics a bit, even on a competitive level. So I think that this should be done to reduce the strain on older devices, even if it means making the Graphics settings a little more of a labyrinth;)

ShipCrusherCz and RACK STAR like this.
  6. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Good idea, especially by gatlin, it's annoying af. At least pls consider making their effects lower.

RACK STAR likes this.
  7. JediKnight1968

The problem is bigger than this.
    In the recent months the game has become unplayable in many aspects of it.
    Be it performance issues on older devices, targeting issues, connectivity issues, match making issues and so on.
    The devs seem to be preoccupied with adding more content and offering faster pace and action in order to attract new players but they have forsaken the solving of problems that's starting to rot, giving instead generic answers to problems that a lot of people report and that's a tactic that is not gonna last for long.

8. TheAntiSnipe

My friend, @00starlord00, has a Moto G4+, and it starts go to nuts when a napalm is fired, even on half resolution. It's pretty bad rn, I wonder how he even plays.

Either way, I think the devs should work on fixes only for the next update, you know, do something like the "From Battle Bay With Love", give the players small features that make an impact, and handle all of the lagging issues:D

Since the game has been changing this much, I think it's time to hang back for an update or two and fix what needs fixing

9. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

IMG_20170418_181728.png I disabled optical effects & now i can't even see my ship, or any other ships for that matter.

10. TheAntiSnipe

Whoops

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed... more agility means more taxing of devices. Napalm also makes my device nearly unplayable. If there are multiple Napalm fires or secondary blasts my controls freeze up for a time... and if I happen to be alive after I get control back I consider myself very fortunate. I've asked for Napalm to be toned down multiple times. It's a huge issue which will ultimately diminish the player base, and this game requires a large player base to survive.

12. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

This issue is frustrating. Getting gang banged by 3 blast or fire items. Not being able to see or steer for 2 to 3 seconds. Then if you are alive. It's barely at the end.

The game can't handle the buff to every weapon. From a visual overload to game mechanics...steering the ship. It ruin game play. Makes it hard to watch also.

13. JediKnight1968

Hope someone hears and dedicates not only two but more updates on fixing things.
    I'm leading a guild and everyday I hear complains from my members like:
    • the targeting system s**ks
    • the lagging kills me
    • if they don't something about the performance issues I'm quitting
    • the matchmaking system is bonkers
    and so on.
    Specially for the matchmaking system I've heard so many complaints from new players that I decided to create and alternate account and start from the beginning to see how thinks are going on the new player levels. After the trial/training period when infamy started counting I was first registered at 96 infamy level 8 captain and a lvl6 shooter.
    Needless to say infamy evaporated on the first 5-6 matches as I faced opponents at lv26, 24, 21 with twice the gear score repeatedly. Killed in matter of 60-80 secs or less.
    I now think the newbies were right to complain. But as usually I don't hold any hopes that they're actually gonna fix anything and that's a shame.

RACK STAR likes this.
  14. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

So true

TheAntiSnipe likes this.