1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want more focus on ranked games?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Djradnad, 19 Nov 2018.

?

Do you want more focus on ranked play? And what do you think will help?

1. No to all of this

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Higher league

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Coins for ranked

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  4. Make legendaries better (Lvl20L>Lvl50E)

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Spammer reduction

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  6. I also like the ideas for customs

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. I also want to be able to get a higher captain level

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

This title probably looks like one of the noob posts since the answer would obviously be yes, but I just want to know if you would like ranked play to be emphasized over events again.

Here are some ideas to do this so I’ll also have the voting for these as well.

I think a few things would be good for this game. more things to aim for, higher cpt lvl (for more gold) higher league (to encourage strategic play), alternate option to get coins (for when it’s a terrible event), small amount of rewards for customs (like 10% of regular) more custom options (event modes, disable players from using certain items or ships)

The most important thing is to make ranked more strategic, and I think the higher league and some way of making ranked modes enticing while events are going (mainly a way to get coins there if ya like, maybe in the same time frame but you can choose coins or stars as a reward?)

Also I feel like everyone has epics and they can’t make more items, but they also can’t make their epics stronger than t5, and legendaries are way too hard to get as a means to move forward, maybe make legendaries better? Like so a t2L be better than a lvl 50 epic? This way the one from achievements are still not too strong, getting leggy better than an epic isn’t so hard, and the guys with t5L can keep their much deserved benefits.

Also please give dmg reduction (like 2%) when 2 or more of the same weapon are equipped to prevent spamming.

I made another poll not too long ago, if you would like to check that out it is here https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/what-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-next-update.22882/

I could add 3 more options so if ya have a good enough idea I’ll add it, but it may not get as many votes as the ones the original options since some people will have already voted and may not noticed that more have been added

2. d0dih

d0dih Member

This and all other votes are useless. They only care about money.

Su-57, Ultrah and Djradnad like this.
  3. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

I think they need to do more with stars. Maybe they should have multiple things you can buy with stars, rather than just the one garbage crate we have now.

Taevion0, Exploxion and DragonLegend like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

W O K E

Ultrah likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I actually think it's better for the game if players bunch up toward the top with T5E and let either skill or deep wallets separate them.

RACK STAR and Djradnad like this.
  6. Djradnad

Quite true. It’s just an idea, maybe not as good as the others, but i find the progression to slow down at the epic point and the stagnant feeling tends to bore players, was trying to come up with a way to keep things moving. The most fun I had with the game was on the climb to NML and I keep running out of things to work towards.

7. envylife

Tournaments!

Flint and Djradnad like this.
  8. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I think giving Stars more value should be enough.
    But any added reward should consider player captain level.

9. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Being to buy actual stuff rather than, oh yay, more uncommon parts

Flint likes this.
  10. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Here is one simple thing they can do to make ranked game play more inticing to play. Buff star chests. The biggest thing with ranked game play right now is more gold/sugar and end of season rewards. Events give perks and ship parts. If star chests were based on what league you are in ace gives epic, nightmare gives legendary. More people would be enticed to play ranked games to get epic and legendary wepons. Now they might need to increase the stars to get the chest but if ranked game play is all about getting the wepons parts you want and events are perks and ships it gives players the reason to climb.

11. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

I kind of agree but "they" should really significantly refine its star reward system first or else everyone would steer towards flare and firebomb more than before just to farm those stars instead of play to win and create a new problem. Other examples are to reward healers better, eg. more stars for clutch or group heals. Speeder drew LOTS of fire from enemies and survived. Enfo shielded his/her ally.
    (This probably deserves it's own discussion)

Atm, Stars heavily favors aoe and burn items like mortar types but they dont run well for most boats except shooter.

Right now, all u get are those worthless acknowledgement icons at the end of the match and it doesn't even count towards some personal historical performance chart or achievements.

But in short I agree that ur suggestion would make each match that much more delightful.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2018
    SWAT0013, RACK STAR, Flint and 2 others like this.
  12. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I was mainly thinking what would get players to play for infamy over challenges. If infamy was about getting parts for wepons and challenges were for perks and new ships you can choose what you want to go for. If you look at coins fire still wins out for coins. Buffing the star chest in the short term especially based on the league you are in just gives more incentive to play.

13. Djradnad

another option, rather than just what league you are in; the star chest rewards could even be based on your captain badge, the thing that we level up with season points which has no purpose

RACK STAR and Wymtime like this.
  14. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

The main issue would be the chests would need to go within a range. Also by having it be based on league you encourage players to climb instead of float. You don’t want a captain level 50 player at 1500 trophies.

DragonLegend, RACK STAR and Djradnad like this.
  15. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

To make Ranked play more useful. Have less events. And never let an event carry over thru season reset. Here we are two days into new season again. And most great nitemare league players are still hovering at 4k. This is ridiculous. And throws all ranked matches into a downward tailspin.

The ranked system only works when the regular player pool plays it.

Events now have killed ranked play.

Dumb.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2018
    Fiorell and Djradnad like this.
  16. envylife

I have no problem with a lot of Events. As you pointed out, the problem we have now is Events conflicting with the carefully laid out League system... the system that drives all Battle Rewards. NML Reset also correlates with the League Season, but as problematic as that may have been with a full 2 weeks of ranked matches, it's now a completely uncoordinated mess with mere days of only Ranked matches in-between seasons. There has been a lot of great ideas integrated into the game over the past couple of years, there isn't much in the way of active game mangement happening from Rovio the past couple of months to iron out the problems recently introduced.

There's also no reason Event rewards (i.e, Ship Pieces) can't be worked into Ranked play and vice-versa, but there aren't enough players to support both simultaneously. Some serious re-thinking needs to be done to iron out the current situation.