1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's chat about Gattling Gun

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by benguin8, 19 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

A spotlight event for a new weapon. Let's discuss.

What is the role of this new weapon? It started promising as ignoring defense. Now defense is on life support. So why would I want this gun? It does not seem to do anything well. It is competing with blast cannon in my opinion. My BC can get up to 3k+ damage with crits. A beefy gat does what? 2k max with fire perks? AND you have to hit every shot. Gun gets no crits which does not help.

I have been trying twin gats for the event and find it is too slow and leaves me wide open to be pummeled. The 30% damage buff is just giving me an incite to how the weapon would perform when it is maxed, and I don't think it has any role in the game. It sorely needs a buff or a change. I don't think more ammo is the answer. I could be more damage and faster clip release as a start.

It can go in a ton of directions, any of which would be fine. Options:

-Speed should triple after the 5th consecutive shot. Make it a real gattling gun.
    -Give it perks similar to carronade where it causes the boat to slow down. Maybe focus on turrent speed only to make it different.
    -make it a 2 slot 1 point weapon and double up the ammo and boost the damage. This would be neat.
    - Give it a frost buff. Does more damage when target is frozen, but does not remove frost effect. Frost will break with a hit from other weapons.
    - Make projectiles mini explosive. Causes small AOE damage if other ships are nearby?

I like the speed one best. BRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbb

Any other ideas for saving this new weapon?

2. Zxyqu

Zxyqu Member

-Speed should triple after the 5th consecutive shot. Make it a real gattling gun.
    Solid idea, and would give it less wasted time while you wait to empty the clip
    -Give it perks similar to carronade where it causes the boat to slow down. Maybe focus on turrent speed only to make it different.
    Maybe adding a small slow debuff would work, but otherwise, they would constantly be slowed.
    -make it a 2 slot 1 point weapon and double up the ammo and boost the damage. This would be neat.
    Boosted damage sounds fine, but more ammo is going to be a problem at current fire rate. Much rather dischare current clip, then switch to other weapons for reload. Maybe if it fired faster.
    - Give it a frost buff. Does more damage when target is frozen, but does not remove frost effect. Frost will break with a hit from other weapons.
    Since it removes frost debuff immediately, and does so little damage on the first hit as well, you'd have to change how frost debuff works. Probably not an option.
    - Make projectiles mini explosive. Causes small AOE damage if other ships are nearby?
    Now AOE would be interesting, especially if that's all that was changed. AOE can be game changing.

- Make increasing hits on the target do increasing damage in a scaled fashion (so percentile increase for each hit from that clip). This might be a nightmare to code though.
    - Make the weapon pierce Tesla Shield (this would immediately make it more effective).
    - Significantly increase bullet speed. Low fire and low speed, along with poor damage, are some crutches.

3. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Make it speed speed up after 3 shots kinda like a wind up time on a minigun

benguin8 likes this.
  4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

-pierce tesla sounds good since it already ignores defense
    -don’t break frost or stun, as someone that’s been using frost a bit during events I sure know that when a teamate has this weapon I never can keep anyone frosted.
    -more dmg and less rounds would make each shot count and make it a lot better imo, before this weapon was released I expected it to be a 2slot that would break the tesla shield with a 4shot clip.
    -infinite ammo, keep the damage how it is but emphasize its lack of cooldown so you can fire when needed without ever having that annoying reload.
    -consecutively Landing shots have increasing damage. Sounds good to me since the wave cover can make it hard to get a full clip in at certain ranges.

I listed them in order of my most to least favorite.

The Otherguy and benguin8 like this.
  5. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Currently it sucks fighting enforcers because even though I have enough total dmg to break a shield, my first 140 dmg hit, clears their stun and up goes another bubble.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Djradnad

It depends how you use it against them, if you hit em with a sniper first and then gat you may start damaging them, but I do i would do it the other way, use gat and then hit them with missile or carronade to finish breaking it and hit them with those extra projectiles. Gat still is just not a good weapon tho imo, it’s just a lot of fun to use :)
    Even if they just give it a dmg buff permanently it may help

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Just speed up the rate of fire. Right now the reason it's not being used is because it takes away precious time that you could use to fire other weapons

wtfack likes this.
  8. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Yeah the current put-put pace it shoots at is embarrassing. The very first hand crank Gatling guns shot faster than that back in the cowboy and Indians days lol.

Sewah, Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I like it but it really is useless because in event if u died with 1 remaining ammo u will Respawn with 1 remaining ammo.
    It's hard to see anything if u press the fire button and zoom to target. There should be a manual fire, triple fire or auto fire.

Dev please look at Gatling Gun used by Anti Tank Airplane. It will be awesome if you can replicate that.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Gatlin gun === CRUEL JOKE

Sewah likes this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    7 kills with Gatling gun .

i installed the game 40 days ego so it was one of the first gun i used . i think at higher lvl players at higher infamy its useless but at lower lvl this gun is okay if not best . i see most of players have at least one gatling gun on ship . i got two epic gatlings but there are no perk for this gun . i am using perks for all weapons on the gatling .
    replay of battle https://replay.battlebay.net/QHXSKBQR#PRBGXLNB

Attached Files:

12. Djradnad

Nice!
    There are 3regular perks for it: dmg, Fire dmg, and cooldown
    And also three event perks, all of which you could get from this event.

13. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

as i've use it, my take on this:
    1. the thing misses 10-20% of shots (long range shots)
    2. the low CD doesn't help, you can ran out of ammo almost instantly and have to wait longer for the next shot
    3. damage output is not that much unless target is burned or really really close
    4. carronade and standard cannon out-performs this thing by a huge margin

Last edited: 20 Nov 2018
    Sewah and Sidd gamer like this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

im too busy to play BB and it is just getting worse , so I'm not interested in leveling items I don't wanna use, so I will just put this here videotogif_2018.11.20_20.48.04.gif

15. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

How about a different type of weapon. Maybe buff damage by x2, unlimited ammo, and have ship not move to fire it. Almost need to deploy a tripod to fire it haha. Would be balanced because you can dish out tons of damage but you are a sitting duck for torps and mortars. How long can you last standing still?