1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix the match making system ...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HighHammer, 18 Apr 2017.

1. kylek33

kylek33 Member

And if the devs say "well it's still possible to win" one more time I'm deleting the game. Yeah we can win but I'm just cannon fodder for the heavies. Winning isn't much fun if I'm not able to make a positive contribution. No one wants to be an afterthought and as people grow more frustrated and leave the situation will become worse. There are enough low level players to support decent matchmaking and the top players are the ones doing the killing, it's the mid level players that are suffering the most. I'm at my breaking point, if something isn't done soon I'll just go back to War Robots full time.

2. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    But @Miika it is just not fair, i have being around 2600 infamy quite a while and as i'm climbing up a bit, match making bring me back to 2300. Also i can't get the weapons to grow its levels, i have a lame cannon stuck at level 3 and a big torpedo at level 2, both epics but that is not enough against rail cannons or sniper cannons. So, it is frustrating to fight high level max weapons enemys with darts and hopes. Why can't we get the same weapons we already have more often, instead of random useless ones? Maybe with better weapons we cound endure the fight against the 3500+ infamy enemies.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2017
  3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

War Robots was fun @kylek33 !! Battle Bay has more nuance tho... I like it more.

@Helius Maximus no weapons are bad. It's just how u use them. To fight rails, get in close. To fight sniper... same thing, get in close and hit them with your standard canon over and over again. And try different setups/ playing styles. U might be surprised. And as your skills grow, ur infamy does too. There are loosing streaks, but u recover from them and go higher. Infamy is like the tides, it comes and goes but always rises thanks to global warming. ;)

SirojPr likes this.
  4. Helius Maximus

PM
    How can i get close with a defender? Even with my almost 6k of life in 3 or 4 shots i get down and with no possibility of scape. What i'm saying is that there is very little chance to evolve my weapons to higher levels because of random objects. I have tryed several, but have no luck in getting enough of the same to move up to level 5. I had fun before, now i'm getting more and more frustrated.

5. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

Most complaints are mid range players like me & thought i would try something out whilst finding that a certain time of the day when we're able to play, there's an 80% probability that we can be matched up with useless players & are guaranteed to lose. When you lose a match you tend to feel detached & upset, so the probabilities of you losing the next match straight after unless a break is taken, will result in the same defeat as you don't try so hard to win. Playing at a different time when better players are on (as they contribute) will give you a better chance of winning.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  6. kylek33

kylek33 Member

I switched to shooter and stopped caring about wins and losses. It's more fun. If I get whacked I don't care.

7. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

Still being put in matches against wayyy bigger opponents while my team is just weak, have you guys found a way to fix this match making issue ?

Despite Im a decent MK4 mainly with Epic weapons and parts, I never got passed 1500 infamy, just as I get there Im against MK5s and the whole team get smashed in a blink an eye.
    What Im saying is pleaseeee try some method to make the battle fair, like mk4 battle mk4s or something like that.
    Thank you.

8. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Yes that is one thing required. This could also be fixed by putting same mk ships as many to both sides.
    Also placing fixers to both sides at least one would make the battle more fair. The only team with a fixer is pretty much always a winning team unless the fixer doesn't have high level fixing items.

9. kylek33

kylek33 Member

These arguments have been made before but the devs want a sloped battlefield to coddle poor players with good items. They don't care if you have to land 30 shots to kill them and they only have to land two. @Miika says his girl is one of these players, she has been playing a long time but isn't very skilled I think he said, so don't expect it to change anytime soon cuz if it does he'll be in the doghouse.

Bomby McBombface likes this.
  10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We might have many different reasons to do things but that most certainly is not one of them :D

11. kylek33

kylek33 Member

IMG_6265.JPG

Bomby McBombface and HELLRAZOR like this.
  12. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

this was an unfair matchup but we won so it is possible to win even in an unfair match up sorry i dont have a screenshot of the victory screen

Attached Files:

P0rthos likes this.
  13. kylek33

kylek33 Member

As previously stated, wining isn't much fun if you're just cannon fodder for the heavies. Players need to feel involved and that they're making a positive contribution.

14. Helius Maximus

PM
    What do you mean by unfair? All ships in that image are very close in infamy points. What we are talking here is a difference in infamy of 1500 points, so you end up battling a MK6 4200 against a MK4 or MK5 of 2500... That is unfair, because those monsters have weapons that make more than 2k damage per shot.

Last edited: 7 May 2017
  15. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

how was i supposed to battle i still have 1000 health keep in mind the mk3 has a 500 damge per shot weapon and 2000 health but i did well i just sneaked up on him and then he had around 300 health i killed him so thats how we won

Last edited: 8 May 2017
  16. 书半卷

书半卷 Member

I think it is possible to evaluate the component and the ship's fighting force as a matching important data. This allows players to experience more of the fun of the game from a similar level of combat.
    Balance is one of the important experiences of competitive games
    If you can't feel the joy of victory from a similar enemy, then the novelty will be uninteresting

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  17. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I'm in agreeance that we would be willing to trade in a slightly longer waiting time in the battle queue for a more balanced matchup. Both my wife and I play. She is sitting at around 1k Infamy and commonly is matched with 2k+, and me sitting around the 2.3k infamy getting matched with 3.5k... the balance of having one mk4 on the unfriends team is negated by having 1 x mk 3 and 2 mk4 ( be they of decent infamy or not) on the friends team... The damage difference due to just the crew perks a mk5 can have over a mk3 &4 is an incredible amount, not to mention the probability of having higher tier items, due to the mk5s being of higher captain lvl so therefore higher crew levels...

18. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

As i've said before, infamy is as the definition of the word describes it to be, "the state of being well known for some bad quality or deed" & in this case... Bad match ups + loss = -infamy. IMG_20170428_021452.png Now how can a worldwide definition be wrong ? Setting up matches on a players level to level when ships get unlocked would create a fair gameplay, as most weapons & crew choices become an even choice in battle & then the players skill comes into play, where they either fall back or advance in rank/score.

19. 书半卷

书半卷 Member

you say mk1 vs mk4 is OK? not once in game。awaysmk1 vs mk3,some times mk1vs mk4

20. 书半卷

书半卷 Member

我现在船长等级12,恶名1000。同样恶名1000的玩家船长等级25。当我们匹配到一起时候“很公平很有趣”吗?
    I am now captain level 12, notorious for $1000. The same notorious 1000 player captain level of 25. Is it fair and fun when we get together?