1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NERF CARRONADES

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Undead fixer, 16 Nov 2018.

?

Should carronades should be nerfed or bring defense points back into the game

1. Nerf carronade

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bring defense points

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Nope.

33 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Last edited: 17 Nov 2018
    Flint likes this.
  2. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

They are balanced by range and spread. For them to hit all 7 shots you have to be very close and that leaves you vulnerable. Don't be fooled by the dps shown.

If there is any fix needed, by reading between your lines, is that the damage per leveling needs to be more steep. I am ok with this. Just no nerfing damage. I am ok with bringing back defense points but not to ONLY cripple carronade. I would want them to be a % and work for every weapon. Its only fair.

3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Carronades have finally come to life on the Bay. Mostly because the training conflicts between Speed/Yellow and Carronade are gone. Also defense points are gone.

As Benguin8 mentioned, in order to connect on all 7 shots, you literally have to be right next to the enemy ship and it leaves you extremely exposed behind enemy lines. Using carronade at a distance, usually you only connect on 1, 2 or 3 projectiles(which is mostly negated if the enemy has a Bandage).

At this point I think carronades are pretty well balanced compared to other high-use weapons. If you are a close range brawler, then carronade should be in your loadout. If you are a mid to long range shooter, then carronade doesn't serve much purpose.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

#Makecarronadestrashagain!

5. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Nerf carronade thread again?!?!
    Geez what is your weapon loadout i just want to know, because i think you need flare gun and explosive cannon.

6. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Hahaha

Are there more places you will spam this?
    Listen, I’m in love with my carro (also fixer) and yes indeed, when I once got hit by Carro, I’m immideatly dead, because I can’t go away.

You spammed this evening the whole Chill Zone with this problem, and you IGNORED ME FULL!
    I asked you 3 times how you were:(

And btw, my carro (epic lvl 25) deals only 7x145

7. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Use defence perks ... Thats all...

Djradnad likes this.
  8. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

Love my carronade

9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Man your survey has some pretty clear votes. Carronade and defense perks are fine, but I would like to ask:

What infamy are you at?
    Do you have carronade problems in ranked?
    You mentioned the frustration about carronade in events, and I will agree that it can be good in events, especially if you have only been using torps and mortars in these events, if someone comes in with carronade sure you are at a loss, so..
    What is your setup?
    And also what is your gear score?

If your only issue is it in events, then case closed, because balancing doesn’t matter very much in events they always change and the carronade is only that good in events, plus the person using them is probably just rushing you to do fast damage and then getting killed, so his team may lose because of his 4deaths anyways.

You can’t hate the carronade just cause a few knuckleheads that use it in that way, all weapons have players that use them in annoying ways.

TheAntiSnipe and benguin8 like this.
  10. Undead fixer

11. Undead fixer

Welp no one ever listens.
    EVER!.

12. Djradnad

Hmm, so you scrapped you OP and don’t care to reply to my questions? You are a very odd fellow.

Reorge, NeptuneGaming and Fish like this.
  13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

It's not that no one listens. It's just that people disagree :)

Can you show a replay of any battle where you found carronade being unbearably OP?

14. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

....Every one that they lost ;):p:D...

What's Up Player and Fish like this.
  15. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Carronade is a great weapon overall.
    The problem with carronade now is the range. The range of carronade now is just very high for a close combat weapon.

As said, you have to hit 7 projectiles to get maximum damage, for which you have to be very close, but even at range 14, give or take 2, at least 1 or 2 projectile(s) hit me, because of which my ship becomes a snail, and the enemy can easily gain on you and destroy you.
    But this problem mostly occurs in CTF, where while having thr flag, u can't use any utility items, except TS, tess bolt, frost launcher and frost blaster(TS is now nothing but a joke, except for E T4 ones).
    In ranked, i can easily nitro away or pop up my OB to save myself.
    Carronade is a close combat weapon, so it should remain the same. There is no issue for me with projectile or damage per projectile, problem is the range.
    The range should be capped at 10.
    #NerfCarro

Last edited: 18 Nov 2018
  16. Djradnad

You say you can’t use any utility weapon except TS while carrying flag, but you can use frost blaster or frost launcher or tesla bolt and they wouldn’t catch up to you.. and you are right that if a carronade hits you at 14 range it will only be one or two projectiles, but that’s only IF it even hits you at all from that range. A good player usually uses a different item until they are close enough to hit you with it confidently (defenders aside since they may not have another item to use)

Also if your problem is just with a weapon in events it would just be a nerf for it during those events (like how mines are nerfed in ctf). And let’s face it, napalm would be the next one that needs a ctf nerf before carronade.

This Is Me likes this.
  17. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Hi.Thanks for yor reply
    I truly forgot about bolt and frost items. Because i never used them.;) I edited my post.
    In CTF, i saw many players with carronades, most of them had more than one, and i felt frustated getting so long respawn cooldown, but i was not the only one going through that.
    I wish carronade gets a nerf, and napalm.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2018
    Djradnad likes this.
  18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Get caught by a TB or Frost for 20s each, and the 4 second slowdown from Carronade is just something to shrug off.

19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    This is one thread i haven't seen since beta.

20. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.