1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Uncommon Event Perks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 16 Nov 2018.

?

Are you likely to even attach an Uncommon Event Perk?

1. No

38 vote(s)
    80.9%
  2. Yes

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Yes, but probably won’t use it for long

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Given how easy it is to acquire decent perks from the guild raffle, I don’t understand why anyone would want to use an Uncommon Event Perk?

You might argue that they’re better than nothing, but even that is tenuous. When you factor in the cost of salvaging them, and how quickly you’re likely to do that. It’s not even worth attaching them IMO. They’re just an instant sell, with no value.

When you consider the Event Perk Box (now priced at 100 tokens), there is a 78% chance of hitting an Uncommon perk, 20% chance of hitting a Rare. I don’t know about you, but 100 tokens is a pretty significant grind for me. It could easily take me a couple of hours to grind out 100 token.

That means I might need to grind for 10 hours, just to hit a Rare perk, which are only ‘barely’ usable in the best of cases, and even then, there is no guarantee it will be for an item you can use, or don’t already have better perks for. This is just not worth playing for.

I think that Uncommon Event Perks should just be removed. And make Rare Perks 79%, Epics 20%, and Legendary 1%.

Rare perks are still, pretty much, a booby-prize, but if you’re grinding for 1-2 hours, you should at least be guaranteed something that ‘might’ have a shot at being usable.

10 hours for an Epic perks, doesn’t seem unreasonable either. At the moment Epic Event perks seem to be harder to acquire than legendaries, which is ridiculous.

The boxes need to be better, otherwise they’re just pointless, which makes playing the events pointless. For me (and I believe for most people), the only incentive to participate, is to work on quests. There is zero hope of me ever hitting the gold box, and ‘virtually zero’ chance of getting anything usable from the crates.

Please fix this, and make the prizes (which are hard to get) feel like more than just the perk/part equivalent of a mocking ‘wah wah wahhh’ noise.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2018
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Although I don't really grind that much, I heard of other people getting crap perks for hours of grinding. I agree with you.

3 hours for a 79% chance of getting an uncommon perk is way too high.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

Good idea

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yeah,this REALLY needs to be changed. Please devs,just show us a very little mercy upon us.:oops::oops:

5. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

I'd like to see this change as well as eliminating coin expiration. There's no way I can get the big prize unless I forgo sleep, work and meatspace responsibilities.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What?

7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Well that's a good idea. I would never put an uncommon perk on my item unless it gives my item an unique ability like setting targets on fire by torps, I might use it for few games and see how it works but I'll remove it eventually from the item that I main.

I like your idea and it's very necessary to be implemented. However I don't see that happening as the game is becoming more and more money-hungry these days.
    Apparently, they made the game alot more grindy and lengthy expecting that way people will pay more to progress faster. But that's not how it works. Sure, some people, big spenders will still pay their way. But the F2Ps, the major part of the game will be bored in few weeks/months. The new grindy system has took the fun out of the game for sure. Now, basically nobody can earn a perk(without paying) that's worthy enough to replace their current perks. If this doesn't change it would be very unfair for the newbies as well. Why would someone invest their hard-earned coins just to open an uncommon perk crate that costs 100 efing coins ? They keep repeating the things that are being disliked by the majority of users. They have stopped caring for player satisfaction. Honestly, I don't see the future of this game really good.

8. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

Meatspace = not cyberspace

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

"Real life."

10. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. What is the point of uncommon perks other than getting 20k gold .

Also, something interesting happened to me today. I usually collect 100 coins and open 5 ship pieces box. But, I didn't notice this time the perk and ship pieces were inter changed. And without even thinking I clicked on the perk box and wasted my 100 coins. And guess what I got an uncommon perk which got scrapped right away. :oops:

Remove those uncommon's already (+_+)

11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Devs have two options to make their player base happier again about this issue :
    • Leave the box value as it is (100 coins) but remove the uncommon event perks
    • Return to the old system (35 coins per box I believe), and keep the uncommon perks.
    This system really doesn't make any sense, I highly doubt someone sane would buy the current perk box.

Nikkie!, Aywasa, Mr. Mister and 7 others like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Where can I download these "meatspaces" you speak of?:p

Although I agree... Devs pls change b4 "100 coin box" memez:rolleyes:

Nikkie! and Agile Vanguard like this.
  13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Stolen FB_IMG_1542113575320.jpg

Nikkie!, V__, HAPPY SITHSHA and 6 others like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

or 40% chance to get an uncommon perk
    40% chance to get a rare perk
    19% chance to get an epic perk
    1% chance to get a legendary piece,

because we shouldn't completely remove event uncommon perks .

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I believe that they invented the new perks in general incorrectly, it would be better if the classical perks could be connected with the perks modifier. For example, you have an epic perk on a cannon of 8% damage, connect a modifier with it, it can be a projectile speed or firing range or it can be freezing, what suits you best, and get a special epic perk with two properties ...
    The main thing that these two properties were not repeating.

or is it better to create a separate post about this?

Nikkie! and rexaroni like this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

That’s a good idea. The main problem with Uncommon perks is that while it’s nice to get the small secondary effect, the primary effect is so weak that’s it not worth taking over the Rare and Epic perks that you get from the guild raffle.

If there were a way to add the Uncommon secondary effect to an existing Epic perk, then it would absolutely be worth taking.

The implementation, however, would be far more difficult than simply adjusting the cost/probability of event perks.

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Everyone agrees with this thread except for Rovio who intentionally slowed progression by offering worthless event rewards go go along with worthless common ,and star crates. We are back to pre-event progression, you know, when it took 1 year to do a Legendary combine. If Rovio wants to kill their own game, why should we have a say?

19. ViscountSniffit

They haven’t just slowed progression though, they’ve completely stopped progression — at least for me, when it comes to event perks.

Without coins/tokens carrying forward, it’s almost impossible to get the legendary perks during these short events, unless you no-life it. So no more legendary perks for me.

Epic Perks are only likely to appear once in a blue moon, with a 2% chance, but that is only ‘if’ you’re willing to waste thousands of tokens on a 2% chance of finding one, which realistically is about a 0.2% chance of finding one you can use (I’m not gonna do that, what would be the point), so zero chance of me getting any more Epic perks.

Rare perks, I would ‘probably’ scrap straight away. There might be the odd useful one that I’d keep, but I wouldn’t call it ‘progress’. Rares are not upgrades for me.

Uncommon perks, are just insta-scrap.

So that’s basically the end for me and Event Perks. No hope of making anymore progress with them. They basically don’t exist for me anymore.

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

Because, idk, for all the insanity, we love it hopelessly?:D