1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

seriously this sucks!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sidd gamer, 14 Nov 2018.

1. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Thenew ship upgrade make no sense unless you pay there under lvl and if you pay you have no reason to play events the way they are . I want the interceptor but mostly getting the lil mouse peices . very frustrating .
    Then the price of gold to lvl ships is ridiculous you have to choose lvl ship or buy parts to lvl weapons becaaue you can't afford both . if I was a new player ID be long gone . this update was great for letting g us use any weapon but you have to be able to lvl the weapons.
    With these new ship lvl cost it's ridiculos

Reorge and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

The ship has likely sailed for new players at this point. Without extreme spending, there is no way to overcome the massive power advantages of current players, especially those that benefited greatly from the Legendary Piece event rewards.

Even one of my best IRL friends that just returned to this game after a 3-4 month hiatus has found it nearly impossible to be competitive. He is a very high-skilled fixer but his items now resemble a player under 1k infamy.

I still enjoy playing this game. There is simply nothing else like it. I'm just not sure where the devs should go from here. I'm just playing it for fun now. I'll likely never play the new ships competitively.

3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I do think that they should have rewards that old players can claim, unlike the dedication achievement for days in a row, there should be a bonus you get for your accounts 1year bday and stuff like that. As someone else mentioned there was that offer at the beginning for 5bucks to get the pearl diver And some other items, would like to see those monthly as well (basically a single purchase cheap deal that rivals the large offers in value).

As for the new ships, I actually prefer the interceptor in ranked, it’s my favorite. I’ve been using it at lvl 29 but the events this week have it up to 31. Sure the last levels are very expensive, but it’s more than useable with the small amount of hp I’m missing. And the levels up to this point weren’t to expensive in reality. Also my reaper is over lvl 20 but I don’t have any green items leveled up so I’m not sure why people complain more about a ship that you can’t level than they do about all of the items that can’t level lmao

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As a top 1% grinding player you are still only at L29 Interceptor, and you're still only a fraction of the overall ship pieces needed for L50 as the costs continue to escalate. I bet it will take far longer than you think to get it all the way up. On the other hands while items are difficult, there is at least a semi reasonable path to level them up. The thing is, new ships require new items, and as you alluded to, getting the ship is only part of the battle. New ships requiring new color items would have initiated extra grinding and spending without having to come up with new per-ship currencies that take months to acquire, so I'm still unclear why Rovio thought it necessary to premiumize the ships themselves to this level.

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Fortnite only gives you skins and nothing to give you an advantage over others. Look how popular it is now.

Help I Cant Swim and Djradnad like this.
  6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I’m only 500 pieces from a lvl 32 and I’ve never gotten my 1%chance at 5k pieces in over 350 boxes. The last levels aren’t enough hp for me to worry about, but you are right that I am probably top 1% grinder.

As for their clear premiumization of the new ship by then not being available for gold.. Rovio is having some financial problems so it’s not crazy to see that reflected out of our favor. But let’s think of this in a clear modern game company sense.

Console games were always a flat rate of about 50 bucks and additional content costs extra. now we have games that are updated constantly and so you are paying a membership constantly to support them making these updates. If they aren’t getting enough people buying the vip membership, then they are going to charge directly for the new content, and that’s what we have with the new boats. makes sense to me.

Im sure there was a member”ship” pun I could’ve made but I’ve got to spend time catching up on this event grind instead of making a pun hehe

Help I Cant Swim likes this.