1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ecannon dmg doesn’t count

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kings of DK, 10 Oct 2018.

1. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

Rovio, I have reported this issue earlier.
    The ecannon smashed in the face on short distance doesn’t count in dmg.
    The it is a problem if we cannot trust this weapon.
    Rovio, look at #MKYFKTDF at 2:31.
    I have seen the game from boath sides. No discussion. Cannot upload video,
    Can you at least comment on the issue?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Yanij

Yanij Member

It happens a lot when Ur ping is volatile and opposite player had low ping. It's mainly a ping issue.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Shots appearing to hit but not register due to lag, is plausible on your own device during games; but I don’t understand why it also shows a hit in the replay. Surely the replay is what the server saw?

I’ve looked at this from a bunch of different angles (even recorded it in free cam mode, and watched it frame by frame). Sometimes it looks like it may have gone into a wave, but I believe EC has different animation when it hits the water, and in this replay it clearly shows the striking a solid object animation (which could only be the Fixer).

It would be nice to get a dev’s response on this. This comes up a lot. If this isn’t a bug, then it would be useful to get an explanation as to why the replay displays a hit, so that we can answer this question in future.

17EF0150-1792-4558-8CC0-7D76EEDF82D9.png 8D19C986-9762-4753-BCCA-5855A3AA2182.png 9F8801C0-B24F-4AB4-91C4-F6BEB8EC0545.png

ShipCrusherCz and Kings of DK like this.
  5. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Lately a lot of EC and RailGun hits are in registers which make me sometimes try to avoid them the issue is my railgun is my fav weapon and leg t4

6. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

Thanks for your awesome display of the EC hit. Yes, nice if devs would comment.

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

This is definitely a bug. It never happened back when Ex cannon had 100% impact damage and all original specs. It started happening after that patch. Then they went toying with ex cannon again and again so who knows what's broken where. I remember Dex scrapping his t5 ex because this bug on top of nerfs was too much for him.

8. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

9. David02783

David02783 New Member

Hello.... why I am not able to win ? Why matchmaking is so poor ??

10. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

Another 0 dmg hit. Rovio? Shall I scrap my primary weapons?
    #BMBSSNFD at 4:35

Attached Files:

11. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Seeing the same issue with Sniper shots. Could be lag but I've never experienced it until this release so I am sceptical that "lag" is the case. This is both shots fired and returned.

12. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

Yeah I've seen it happen lots, in fact in one game I was so cheesed of with my team I'd given up and found a floater which I was just taking pop shots at, had a few close range that didn't do anything. If I can find the battle I'll post it.

13. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

14. Putsch

Putsch New Member

It seems like many report issues but they are often dismissed. Is it because the Devs know, but don't have bandwidth to take time to explain? I think Battle Bay is a fun game and could be great but my observation is that they get defensive and dismissive when the community provides product feedback. Maybe it's from the trawlz who bitch about dumb shite... but there is a genuine community here that wants the game to grow and some of these bugs are a hindrance to that objective.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

15. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

16. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

Thanks for reply. I find it very sad, after 20k games, I still want to play. But having several issues returning to NM, I find this “No dmg From Ecannon” deeply frustrating.

Putsch likes this.
  17. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

Now it in almost every fuc.... game.
    Rovio, 3 today in 5 games???
    FIX IT NOW!
    COMMENTS ON IT NOW!
    https://replay.battlebay.net/YDVSLGYM#GXGTLMNT
    At 4:30. YYJA has 700 hp left and get the ec in the face.... nothing happens, except I die due to running out of close range weapons.