1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Events

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DruceWillis, 14 Nov 2018.

1. DruceWillis

DruceWillis New Member

Hey Guys,

Is it me or the events are getting really boring? We had 2x2,1x1,CTF and so on but now its just deathmatch and some weapond have +% damage

WE NEED NEW EVENTS!

2. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

true the variety had gone down

3. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

I think that why they won’t do 1v1 anymore because u had a bunch of people flexing here on the forum or VIP about how they were on some INSANE winning streak (100 games, 50 games, etc.). So now with ship pieces being as valuable as they are BB won’t give us a 1v1 again, maybe a 2v2 but I’m thinking no more 1v1 which is a shame because it was my favorite event.

4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I want them to bring back the small map 3v3 with speed and cooldown boosts. That gamemode was like crack to me lol

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

No one's skill is that good... BB is 75% items, 25% skill... if there was an issue it's in matchmaking

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Really? I had a 58 winstreak, fighting opponents that were at my level with better guns. I won because I train to fight that way. Those people would win a ranged fight if there was a way to stage it.

7. envylife

Right.. it makes me wonder why the matchmaking randomizer didn't throw some better opponents at you here and there, because no one is going 58-0 on me at the same GS :D

8. TheAntiSnipe

You sure about that?:) Thing is, @Gnu would 58-0 me for sure if he wanted to, at the same GS as me. Fighting completely fair.

9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

He would not lol. If he'd had better items for 1-1 sure, but with the same build no.

Type of build is as much important as level of items. When your build isn't good for 1v1 you just won't win it.

Give him and yourself the completely same build and I'm pretty sure it'll be relatively equal.

Edit: missed talents. That can play an enormous role in this.
    For example: take level 50 epic flares with the same perks and gear score, one is missing the last 3 talents, the other is maxed - one breaks maxed out shield the other doesn't. Guess who's gonna have an advantage in 1v1. :)

Last edited: 15 Nov 2018
    ViscountSniffit and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

I somehow highly doubt that:D

11. envylife

I'd love to see equal gear tournaments/events so we can test these theories!

12. TheAntiSnipe

100%

13. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    To be honest, joining the 1v1 event filled me with both excitement and terror. My playstyle and mindset requires that I fight with at least one teammate beside me. I panic way too much when I'm alone. But that doesn't stop me from trying... :p

14. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait...

Did you really just suggest different event than the 5v5 team deathmatch??
    How dare you sir...

ViscountSniffit and Aether_Zero like this.
  15. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Bring back the 1v1 or 2v2 matches, they were a hell of a lot more fun imo.
    And equal gear events would be amazing!

envylife and BattleRascal like this.
  16. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I am SOO ready for a 1v1 or 2v2 event. They were so much fun versus these CTF and 5v5 events(which are getting stale).
    I fear however that because it was much easier to grind coins in the faster 1v1 and 2v2 events, that we might not see them anytime soon, or there will be a reduced coin system.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  17. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I'm afriad you might be spot on with that prediction bud... The way things are going isnt exactly filling me with joy.
    As for the 1v1 and 2v2, as an Enfo main - it's genuinely what I do best!

18. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I mentioned this right after events and more crappy matchmaking. Need equal boats equal weapons, and equal capt level. This would all be set upon entering event battle.

19. envylife

Yea we do need events to differ from ranked matches, but with Event matchmaking being even worse than ranked, we need a real solution. Equal gear would be a nice addition to the event rotation. I'd be fine with matchmaking based on captain level in an equal gear match.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’d really see to 2v2 or 3v3 elimination events. Elimination games are always much more strategic, and having small teams would really make every move count.