1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

seriously this sucks!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sidd gamer, 14 Nov 2018.

1. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

i am sorry to make this thread but i am super pissed right now.This is what happens when you don't give players freedom of selecting the ship parts they want. I am a casual player so i have been playing a much as i can and it also sucks that you cannot even carry coins for legendary. i just want to ask why has the game become like this? why just why!!!

Attached Files:

Ultrah likes this.
  2. d0dih

d0dih Member

Money

DerrickRose and Sidd gamer like this.
  3. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That said, Rovio's not been doing so good financially lately, they've not managed to find a second leg to stand on financially after angry birds.
    If they're to survive in the long run they either need a game with angry birds like success, or they need to increase monetisation for the ones they've got.

I think we can expect more attempts at premium content (items, ships, skins, etc, etc) in the future.

4. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Here is the thing. If they are going to continue to run events to earn the new ship perks I don’t have an issue with the events. I think they should let coins roll over, and increase the ship parts you can earn from RNG so players can level the ships easier, but if all events give the choice of ship parts or perks that is a win. They also have given players the opportunity to pay to speed up progression. Is the system perfect no, have I posted pro’s and con’s and let my feelings be said yes. Not unlocking the ship is frustrating, but there will be more events that offer ship pieces. The progress is still to slow, but keep voicing suggestions and solutions and eventually things can change.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Personally I’m fine with it, we have 5 regular ships and 2 premium ships.... In other games, for instance I used to play world of tanks, and their premium tanks are insanely hard to get without money, you need to accomplish feat after feat for a month just to get some premium currency and it’s only enough for the lower teir tanks so it takes months of grinding on that game if you wanted to unlock a high teir tank for free, and they have like a hundred premium tanks.
    In comparison, the system for the premium ships on battle bay are easy to get.

6. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

They're also not OP compared to the standard ships, which is good. Buying a lvl 50 interceptor isn't a sure fire way of getting to top 100.
    So thumbs up to the devs for that..

7. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Simple money fix... Allow you to buy leg pieces,parts and cells. Or even add a purchace of leg items outright. Best fix would be reinvigorate VIP and add value to it for all players from beginner to maxed. But oh well what do I know?

Turkett

8. Djradnad

I would also like to mention, in world of tanks again as an example, they also have limited time tanks that you either buy for real money right away or never get any chance of getting it whatsoever. Battle bay will always allow that ship to be attainable, just takes time.

The only thing I can’t get in battle bay is that horn the beta players have lol

9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I don't think the new ship should be classified as premium. Premium tank in World of Tank provide more rewards and fully upgraded. Hence that's why most of it need to be purchased.

In BB the new ship is just a new type of ship that require new type of currency to level up which I believe is very2 hard to get. U either play hard to earn coin then hope u will get the right pieces or use ur credit card and purchase it to level up which is very2 expensive.

Sidd gamer, Reorge and Djradnad like this.
  10. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I think you kind of lose scope of how bad BB's system is by comparing it to WoT. Just because WoT has a worse system, that doesn't mean you should be fine with BB's ship upgrade system.

11. Djradnad

There is definitely room for debate on the topic, I don’t support their spike in gold prices for the regular ships, nor their seemingly high increase in training times overall. As for the new ships though I have no issue.

The worst part of the ship coins is have few events we have seen so far, but I also think that there needs to be some focus on ranked matches to keep the matchmaking times down. It’s a tough course for them to navigate, and they are but a few devs.

Sidd gamer and Sewah like this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

A large chunk of the player requests aren't actually much effort, it's more a matter of analyzing stats and tweaking numbers. The framework is already there.

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

You could easily increase revenue by simply not being shitty at managing the game. There are so many things wrong with their strategy at basic common sense level. It's either impossibly hard grind or stupidly high prices and players don't like any of it. Why is there no middle ground? Why blast cannon+ standard shield deals are only one time thing instead of being monthly/weekly deal? There's nothing this game offers for $10-15 lunch money.

Players are more likely to buy ten $10 deals over time than spend $100 in one go. It's basic microtransaction strategy that they don't even have right. Hence less revenue and more moneygrab stunts like these.

14. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

Idea for the devs to make more munny
    Pull over speeders.
    speeding speeder comic.png
    Not sorry

15. envylife

I originally joined the game because it provided a more reasonable F2P/P2P balance than other games I had tried. Things have gone back out of balance with v4.0 though. I have said before many times I'd have purchased far more in this game if costs were lower and value was higher. Spending 4k Pearls ($20 Pearl Diver value) on a Container just to get a handful of throwaway Rare items and an Epic Frost Blaster as a Shooter is the epitome of bad value... consistently so. That kind of thing is a deterrent to spending money on this game because it adds no value to progress.

This is an interesting read on the topic: https://gameanalytics.com/blog/microtransactions-games-good-bad-ugly.html

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think they need to be very careful with that. It’s important to keep in mind that one of the biggest drivers, behind nearly all consumerism, is ‘status’. It’s a fundamental human need. That’s why branding is so important. People want to be part of a group, and then they’ll pay for the things that give them ‘status’ within that group: the latest iPhone, a BMW, a Rolex, even Toilet Paper, these are all status symbols. A Rolex isn’t worth 50k, it’s insane to pay that much for a watch, but people do it, because you just can’t put a price on having status.

This is just as true for Battle Bay. People don’t spend thousands on acquiring legendry items because they just really love longer numbers. It’s about status within this group. Having better gear, higher infamy, being in Nightmare League: these are the things that give people status within the group. That’s what people pay for.

But, in order to have status with a group, the first and most important ingredient is ‘a group’. That’s where F2P come in, they provide the social ladder for people to climb. That is why it is vitally important for Rovio to maintain the health of the group.

There are many examples of what happens when businesses take their group for granted, and starting putting profits before user experience. The catastrophic collapse of MySpace is a fairly good example. The collapse of TSR is another good example. The German social networking site Uboot (which was doing Facebook stuff, 5 years before Facebook existed), collapsed almost overnight when they took their growth and popularity for granted, and started trying to charge users a premium for stuff that used to be free.

F2P aren’t just worthless spongers, draining bandwidth. They aren’t just a sidegame in advertising revenue. They are a fundamental part of the ecosystem, which is necessary to support all the big whales. You can’t have one without the other. If Rovio start to alienate them, then they’ll lose interest, the group will start to dwindle, and then the whales will lose interest too. No one is going to spend big money on a game that everyone else has already stopped caring about.

When you look at the success of games like Fortnite, there is no secret ingredient that makes it popular. It’s not even that good, it just happens to be cool right now, so everyone wants in. It is popular because it is popular. That’s where the value is.

Popularity is largely contingent on stuff being free, because ‘most people’ don’t want to pay for stuff. The people who do want to pay for stuff (namely status), want to pay for the stuff that’s popular, the stuff ‘most people’ like.

Nikkie!, Reorge, Jumppanen and 18 others like this.
  17. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

D55FB857-4C29-4504-AF92-97557C54F726.gif

18. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

I also don't understand why they are not introducing cosmetic gimmicks to achieve or purchase. Wouldn't you like an extra for your ship, which starts a small firework whenever you get sunk? Adding paint jobs for your ship? New sounds? Colored bow waves? Etc...

Instead they use things which everyone in the game wants to have (new ships - because they offer variance for the game, new super-perks - which cannot be obtained in any other way and are clearly more powerful than normal parks) as prices for something not every player wants to play all the time (events - as shocking as it sounds, there are a lot of players in my guild which prefer the standard match versus the events).

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. envylife

And that's the key. Whales need lots of F2P. Last night I was dismayed to have nearly 1 minute wait times over and over. That's a really bad sign for this game. Without mass F2P there is no more Battle Bay. Without real progress rewards, there is no F2P. Rovio is walking a dangerous line with their latest changes.

20. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

If you this pissed getting the ship, good luck with leveling it to useable level, new ship should be given for free since the upgrading cost is just unbelievable