1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Guncaptain809, 13 Nov 2018.

1. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I'm rather new and I only have mostly rare equipment, along with 1-2 uncommon items. My issue is that I seem to continuously get matched against people I have no way of fighting. Most of the enemy team(and my team as well from time to time) have had all epic and (1-2) legendary items, My enforcer is only lvl 11 and it's pretty much impossible to win any matches, is there a reason for this?

Edit:changed Rare items to Epic because I forgot which ones were purple

Last edited: 13 Nov 2018
  2. MatthewNGBA

MatthewNGBA Member

Thats cause the guys running the game really messed up a few months ago and made it so people could get leggy weapons really easily. If u wernt playing until after those events ur at a big disadvantage. I liked getting the leggy weapons but i immediately thought it was stupid of them to make them so easy to get

3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

After the last update we all got the same ships and they thought the problem would be gone with new players facing others who are way too strong in comparison to them. But that has not happened and still there is imbalance in a lot of battles. I killed someone 2 weeks ago in 2 shots. We may have the same amount of slots, we don't have the same health and other gear, so imbalance still exists and the update has not fixed that.

Regards,
    Flint

Guncaptain809 likes this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Definitely better though, at my infamy level anyway.
    I'm Ace 1, 3500 infamy and 90% of the time will get all players in Ace 2 or Ace 1, and every now and again a NML player pop in for good measure.
    The ones that mess me up are the guys trying our their level 8 interceptor and die in 2 shots, would rather have a floater on m team than one of those guys :D
    Maybe the problems you face are worse at the lower end of the scale.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I meant for new players who reach 400 Infamy or higher, they still can get killed within a few shots by others with much stronger weapons which is frustrating for them.

Guncaptain809 and Ash KOT like this.
  6. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

You can say that again

7. Guncaptain809

That's why I don't understand the Infamy system. If it's only purpose Is to match people against those of a similar strength, why is it being used instead of something that takes your ship level, and someone's general item rarity and level, and uses it to match up against people with similar strength?

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I don't know if you played before the last update with the mk system. We as players asked to have an Infamy range for each ship. So, the mk1 was for 0 to 400 Infamy for example and when you would reach 400 a mk2 ship would be unlocked. That was the most logical and fairest way to go. Because then you could have battles with 9x mk5s and 1x mk2 (happened to me), but that part has not changed. Because now you can have 9 level 50 ships and 1 level 15. It does not make sense, although it does not mean you are always going to lose. But the chances are of course smaller, because your ship is (much) weaker and probably so are your weapons.

I think players will miss the old system, because you had new and better ships to look forward to. But now the ship stays the same, same amount of slots, only health increase, but at a 5x higher gold price. So, you don't feel like you are progressing, which could be seen as boring for some.

Infamy has never been a good instrument to measure ones skill, but so far nobody came up with anything better. Although some attempts have been made, but I doubt if that will change. I have been told several Devs have been reassigned to a new Rovio game.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 14 Nov 2018
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That would answer why the latest changes don't correlate well with the game's DNA and Devs no longer visit the forum.

BattleRascal likes this.
  10. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Kill one game
    Make a new one.:p
    I don't understand the mentality of Rovio Entertainment.

11. Guncaptain809

That's depressing

12. envylife

1.5 years is far too early to give up on a MMOG. Solid ones last for many years... and Battle Bay certainly has that potential.

This Is Me and Flint like this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I heard several people say they visit the forum less and play Battle Bay less also. But it is only hear say. But that they are working on a new game seems to be true.

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

They don't kill this one, they just made huge changes with the latest update. Now they would not have done it if they thought the game had no future.

15. envylife

The changes feel like a hail mary though... shake things up a little in the game play and if existing players really want to throw money at it due to slower progression, sure let's keep it around a bit longer. It's like a test, the outcome of which is yet to be determined.

16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Maybe the last try to get some money out of it you mean?

17. Guncaptain809

A new Angry Birds

18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Really, haven't these birds been angry long enough? Maybe some anger management would do them good ;).