1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2 days for 900 coins?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nickatorit, 12 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You mean $50 for a ship you can't use until you fork over many times that for leveling it up.

Aywasa, Ovidmikel, Vile Kyle and 6 others like this.
  2. NmE

NmE Member

Lol. Awesome. I would love to hear from dev staff. Maybe they have a non-greedy explanation.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Am I alone in thinking Battle Bay is approaching jumped the shark territory, based on their recent rollouts?

Sidd gamer and RACK STAR like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have been positive and supportive of the dev team for a while, and not without good reason, but these are unprecedented times.

We're seeing more and more of these schemes. They're tightening the noose on any but the most grind-ey or pay-ey players. It won't do.

I'd like a formal dev statement. We haven't had one in weeks. I want to know where they want to go with this new system. And I want them to ask the players whether the direction they're going is correct.

If they don't reach out to us, I'm afraid that...
    These sorts of statements are going to become more and more common and you'll have a riot on your hands. Because many don't WANT to quit BB. Many won't go away quietly while the game we love decides it doesn't want us anymore.

To all the devs. You have a misunderstanding on your hands and would do well to end it before it reaches a much more disturbing level.

@Zeus @Miika @Pinecone @The Grim Repair

5. envylife

Due to lack of Dev presence on the forums, I'm guessing they have been told not to communicate with the community. Poor boat introductions, unreasonable event goals, and no Dev communication are all bad signs.

6. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

The game is unfortunately devolving into a hot mess which in turn makes it harder for new player to get engaged. The number of in-game currencies and upgrade options is now too expansive AND expensive.
    We have to deal with Gold, Sugar, Pearls, Stars, Battlecoins, Ship pieces, 5 different types of parts and 5 different types of power cells - it can become too overwhelming.

Some simplification is definitely, and urgently, needed to make the game more accessible for new players as well as make it easier to progress for all, for example:-
    1. Remove one level of weapon and parts - honestly, do we still need Uncommons?
    2. Combine the two ship-specific pieces into a generic ship piece that can be applied to either.
    3. Cost of upgrading ship levels need to be seriously re-worked - the cost is too exorbitant for the small gain in HP. Or, massively increase the Gold rewards.
    4. Cost & time of training also needs to be reworked - again, costing too much AND taking too long per level. While the move to individual training trees for each item is/was a good move, in hindsight, the "totality" of trying to upgrade a few items is very prohibitive. Also, as some others have mentioned, some of the benefits of the training (+5 for shield HP as example) is not commensurate with the sugar/time expense.

Sidd gamer, Aywasa, Earel and 7 others like this.
  7. envylife

It is Ironic how every good introduced into the game results in something equally as bad.
    • New Boats! - Impossible to upgrade without a mortgage payment.
    • New Training Tree! - Substantially more expensive and more time consuming to upgrade.
    • No more Lube/Rudder! - Replaced with added agility that no one asked for
    • Scrap boat evolutions! - And replaced with 43 Additional Boat Levels, overall cost at what, 10x before?
    • New Events! - Uh, well, just reworked event rewards... now impossible to get, and no value when achieved.
    That sums up months worth of new content.

8. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Which is a crying shame. We are all passionate about the game and the feedback given represents that passion. However, if our cries go unheard, I fear that our time with BattleBay is coming to an end.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Did anyone notice the pearl hike in rushing training trees? You need like 16-17 pearls to rush 22 minutes!

10. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

adding mortar perks are unhealthy trust me fixers are even more nerfed now :(
    Stop nerfing my kind please lol

11. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

They need to allow coins to rollover for next events, they can't force all players to complete the events or just forget about legendary perks. It's just unfair. I can partly understand the fact that they don't want us to accumulate tons of coins for other events (as many people including me used to do)... but that can be easily be solved by capping coins at 1k or 1.5k! On the other hand, if they are worried about us saving for the next new ship event, they can simply create a new currency for that event(s).

I mean, not-full-time-players need an oportunity as well ;)

12. nickatorit

nickatorit Member

Unfortunately there is no reply from devs or Rovio members. And this is not the thing that someone doesn't like and someone like it (e.g. new agility) but this event scheme everyone just hate. EVERYONE.

Sidd gamer and RACK STAR like this.
  13. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

2 days , 157 battle , ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE !!!
    Screenshot_2018-11-14-11-38-45-184_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Sidd gamer and Djradnad like this.
  14. Swaf

Swaf Member

157 Battles . That's a rough average of 5.7 coins per battle. Thats a hella grind. What perk did u get?

15. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

This is the reality :oops: Screenshot_20181114-163256.jpg

Sidd gamer and NmE like this.
  16. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I played a LOT(have life responsibilities too) and got to 380 coins.
    -So 19 piece crates
    3 x 500 piece crates
    16 x 65 piece crates
    Total: 2540 pieces

End Result:
    Took interceptor from 12 to 14
    Took Reaper from 20 to 21

I read somewhere that it requires 200,000 pieces to get each ship to level 50.
    So If I still need 180,000 per ship.
    360,000 / 2540 per week = 142 Weeks

So at this pace I should have a level 50 Interceptor and Reaper sometime in 2021 or 2022.

Sidd gamer, Aywasa, Ser Tomaz and 8 others like this.
  17. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I managed to get to 900. I didn’t care for my perk too much (2nd time getting carronade perk) there were 6perks I would’ve preferred to get.

The ship pieces were nice tho, I got a couple levels on each ship. Every bit helps.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. NmE

NmE Member

We understand it’s possible. But how much did you sacrifice your two days for a mobile game?

156x4min per game 624

Approximately 10.4 hours in two days.

That isn’t healthy for any game.

That’s the whole point of this thread.

19. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I’ve played this game an unhealthy amount. Almost 650 days and over 35k games played. So over 50 games a day average...

This just made me realize something tho, sure I get more gold per game now at lvl 50 than I did when I started, and my season rewards are higher, but I’ve been capped at level 50 for a long time now so the rewards haven’t been increasing. Anyone else feel like asking for more captain levels?

20. envylife

There has always been talk about higher Nightmare Leagues, T6 Items, and MK8 Boats... and I wouldn't consider the 50 boat levels the MK8 upgrade...

Djradnad likes this.