1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

5V5 Mortar Madness *EVENT PERKS ARE BACK*

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mr. Patel, 12 Nov 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The real MVP:D

This is the best comment that'll ever come up in this thread:p

2. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

At least we can get some more ship pieces. Lots (me included) were asking for that. And at least the people who wanted the perk prizes again have that option. Definitely not easy to get enough of either, but better than the drought that we just came through.

Seems the devs are caught between corporate push for more $ and player demand. Really a no win situation for them from my perspective.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The goal to increase revenue per player conflicts with the fact that the game is designed for mass player adoption. If this continues, I see the game going away in 2019.

RACK STAR and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that they could have both ways. They already have a fantastic game, all that is needed is a pricing structure that gives small, medium, and big spenders something to work towards. I think most of us understand and want Rovio to make money in order to improve the game. But some of their decision making lately seems to alienate everyone and muck a lot of goodwill that has been built up over the course of the last couple years.

I want to spend more money on the game, but they don't encourage small transactions that would have much affect on my progress. $10 for 1800 new ship pieces? Seriously?
    There are so many currencies within the game that at least one or two types could be based upon Micro-Transactions(such as powercells). This would at least give micro-transaction spenders something they can buy which would actually feel like a game progressing purchase. Instead EVERY currency within the game is hard to come by and expensive, and every time the game invents a new currency(ship pieces and ship coins) they cater all the price points to big spenders.

5. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there bud.. I mean, if I could - I probably would buy a lot of the offers that pop up, but at the moment, I just cannot justify dropping £30 on an offer (like today's speeder bundle thing that's appeared on my screen) when that'll keep my toddler in nappies and food for almost a month!
    I have recently re-started my VIP after letting it lapse for a few months - mainly due to the 4.0 update tbh, so offers at similar price points to that (£5-£15) would tempt me a hell of a lot more

TheAntiSnipe and BattleRascal like this.
  6. envylife

The concept of P2W games has historically been to offer tangible progress for a small fee, and those fees would add up over time as long as the game remains compelling. Battle Bay has no micro transactions that offer tangible progress. Those transactions costs more than an entire AAA console game. It seems they are doubling down on this concept by making sure monetary transactions are worth even less than before under the pretense that will bring in more revenue per user. I'd bet that even if it works in short term it won't last.

7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Fantastic game indeed. Needs an advertising campaign.
    I can't find a single person among my friends and coworkers in real life that has heard of this game. Despite them playing multitudinous mobile games. I just don't think the game is being advertised as well as it should be.

8. envylife

Same with me, no one has ever heard of this game.... which confirms there is no advertising. When it was advertised at global launch it brought in a LOT of players... so there is an obvious correlation.

9. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

It looks like also super-broke matchmaking
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure what rules that matchmaking tries to follow but I think "boats should be within 7000 gear score of each other" should be in there somewhere

10. envylife

It's based on Captain Level... and largely ignores Gear Score until balancing the selected participants.

11. Jstajlr

Jstajlr New Member

It’s not based on captain lv or if it is it’s broken. I just had a lv 10 shooter on my side captain lv 17 everyone else in the game was lv 50. He did 1600 damage and we lost. It’s not fair to higher or lower levels. How can that person compete. Even if both sides had low level boats that lv 10 shooter is not going to earn more than a few coins.

12. envylife

It may be different at lower levels, but look at all your matches for a pattern.

All I see in my matches are Captain Level 49-50, which includes players 1000's of Infamy and 1000's of Gear Score higher than me, so I know it's not matching by Gear Score for me.

13. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. Fixer sa Recto

E5C7E59D-89A0-4DE9-8896-64AB404698E5.png only now noticed the event offer..

stock: 100 ? o_O desperate moves
    CHANCE to get Mortar? :confused:
    and that efing price tag? :eek:
    This game’s going bananas. smh

16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Not really an offer, this epic crate is always 3900 pearls, it just has double chance of mortar weapons dropping.
    As I do not use mortars, I would be better off buying the standard one, and probably getting an epic frost launcher again :D

SWAT0013 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  17. Fixer sa Recto

my thoughts as well

18. envylife

Yup... 2 out of 7 containers came with Frost for me.

They did these 2x odds increase for Gatling gun as well... it increased your chances from 2.6% to 5.3% chance of getting one. Thanks. :(

19. Fixer sa Recto

the event’s almost over and still don’t feel the 30% mortar buff.. lame

RACK STAR likes this.