1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So how many people have got Reaper?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Exploxion, 9 Nov 2018.

1. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

the title says it all, i havent got the ship, how many of u got it? how does the ship feel? from my view of seeing others playing it, the ship looks weak (maybe because their ship is still low lv?)

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Me. And it's not weak, although there are a lot of misunderstandings surrounding it. I'll link my Reaper review and let you judge for yourself!

Edit: Click here for the review

3. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I ground all week and obtained the reaper with 4 levels. It's pretty wimpy, so I'm building two snipers, two tapes, and a small shield so I can fight from a long range and not have my piddly health bar underfoot.

4. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I bought this ship.
    Yes! I pay for it because I support the changes done by the BB Dev.
    Yes, it's very hard to level up.

5. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I spent >1000 coins n got it to lvl 11

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I got one through grinding a couple lucky 5000 piece crates(100 coins boxes).
    Level 20 now.

I've personally found the boat to be useless. It doesn't have enough health to survive playing a hybrid enforcer/fixer/speeder role.
    I've tried numerous fixing/duct tape builds and basically come to the conclusion that you are better off playing FIXER if you want to fix your teammates.
    You are better off playing enforcer/speeder if you want a more elusive/damage build.
    The trade-off you are losing from speeder/enforcer to gain those two green slots is not worth it.

Earel and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Have you checked out my strat thread(that I linked above)?

The kind of "kiting" (you know what it is if you're talking speeder ofc) you're going to use on the Reaper is the same as what you used to do on a "sustain" mk4 speeder, the "health kite" where you honeytrap your opponents into thinking they'll only spend a moment of their time killing you before rejoining the offensive.

In the TDM, I held up as many as three opponents using this trap, effectively winning us games.

8. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Got it, To lvl 14 only, 3721 hp.....
    If we take a green slot point, And turn it blue it would be way better. 2 green 3 blue,
    More hp is always better.....

But honestly, I have 0 fixing gear, Only 2 legendary tapes.

Sewah likes this.
  9. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I did not get the reaper. I got around 900 coins overall. I would say this I was not as impressed with the reaper as I was with the interceptor, and it was a lot easier to grind more coins in capture the flag than it was in death match. In death match I never got 10 coins, but in capture the flag I got 10 coins many times using defender or interceptor once unlocked.

When I saw reapers on the bay they were fairly low level and struggled to do much damage. In order for this ship to be viable it really needs to be leveled up so it can survive more in the bay. I small shield and turbo is not going to keep this boat alive long even with 2 duck tapes. The problem is the massive damage wepons do now. Reaper can basically get hit with fire then 2 shot by a cannon. If you could spend gold to get it to level of your other boats it might be viable. This boat is a multi-tasker doing twice as much as it should, half as well as it could.

TheAntiSnipe, Sewah and blablalend like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Just goes to show you how many people are misusing the reaper:) Check out my little strategy thread, the one I linked above. Watch the replays I put on there, and tell me, is this style not strong in Ranked?

11. Dr. Reaper

Dr. Reaper New Member

I got Reaper, I tried it but of coarse very low HP so I give time to lvl up

12. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, I loved my MK4 speeder! It was a great boat! I made it up to 2500 infamy with it around 8 or 9 months ago. Some of my fleet friends would laugh at me for still using a MK4 speeder at the time. As I'm sure you know, some of the funnest times to play speeder is when you are less than 1000 HP and living on the edge, that is when I feel like I play some of my best manuevers. You go into a zone when you know you're one shot from death, it's a sense of pride to survive and win a battle with less than 1K health remaining.

I haven't completely given up on the Reaper, but I feel like I need another 1.5K to 2K health for it to be playable In Ace1/Nightmare level matches. The amount of $$ or time required to go from my level 20 to a level 40 or 50, wouldn't be the best use or my funds or time.
    I will give Reaper another try in the next event and see what techniques I can try, but I will not use the boat again in infamy battles.

When I played Reaper I felt I was caught in no-win situation
    1. If I tried to help my team with assassin style play(and self healing) I would get 2 or 3 shot and die too often, I seemed to never be able to make it back to safety for healing(or the enemy speeder would track me down while I was Duct-Taping).
    2. If I tried to play too conservative, I wasn't helping my team enough to win.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

I found that staying on the edges of the offensive and playing a permanent "distract" role without committing into a fight was the best way to play my underlevelled reaper.

I think that combat medics will have the hardest time with reaper. They'll have to keep a constant eye on their HP and their allies' HP while whizzing around the map like speeders.

14. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I watch both your replays and will say this the Reaper still has the same flaws as I mentioned before. Your strategy is correct to use it that way, but it is still light in the loafers for the bay. Once you get into ladder matches where players don’t come back from the dead the reaper will be a much more difficult ship to be successful with. When you use the speeder it is the fastest ship but the reaper is about as fast as an enforcer. The biggest benefit is being able to use green to fix itself much better than a bandage.

This ship is more of a selfish fixer rather than a MK4 speeder. I am glad you are enjoying your reaper and wish you luck in upgrading it. I do prefer the interceptor over the reaper. I still feel the reaper needs either an extra blue point or a 2,1,1 red slots to be strong in the game.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Though I'd like a 2 1 1 reaper, I'd say it has too many active slots at that point, but other than that, you're right. Except on the mk4 speeder point.

Mk4 speeders were typically that slow back when I and many of the old players actually played them. 1.5 was known as the "bulletproof velocity" because above that speed, speeder or any fast boat would really start to shine. And with nearly 3000 battles in that old mk4 cockpit, as you saw in the replays, I was really at home with the reaper.