1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed of big berthas projectile

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by GraveDragon, 8 Nov 2018.

1. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Its impossible to land a bullseye on an enemy with a big bertha after the update. I personally think that the projectile speed of big bertha should be increased.

msc, HAPPY SITHSHA, Reorge and 3 others like this.
  2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Big Berta is close to pointless after the agility update as are most mortars. Bulls-eye hits are extremely rare.
    The only time I see berta effective, is if it part of a Mortar spam loadout, where you lead shots and basically direct the havoc/anger upon one unfriend who is probably cursing you afterward.
    It can also be effective against pulse healing fixer teams. But to carry a Berta on your loadout is not worth it most of the time.

PS. Berta was my first Legendary combined weapon (2nd was Ballpark, 4th was Long Range Mortar) Basically I don't use any of them, thanks RNG.

3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Maybe, but the speed buff have to be extremely little as the dmg is already a nightmare

HAPPY SITHSHA and GraveDragon like this.
  4. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Use a frost launcher. You'll hit every time. Got worked by a frost launcher/Berta speeder the other day.

GraveDragon likes this.
  5. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Cannot disagree

6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

A frost launcher on a speeder with a berta seems like a waste of a speeder. Sure, every so often you will have success, but I could do way more damage with a blast/explosive cannon.
    60% of the time the ship you are aiming for will have the frost knocked off before your berta hits and escape the bulls-eye hit.

7. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

While I agree on the ship setup, you can't expect it to be useful on a ship in the thick of battle. If you can isolate a ship outside of that, you have a good chance. I was on Destruct 9 and he was on the other side of an object with no direct line of sight. I don't carry mortars so I was a bit screwed.