1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In shortage of epic power cells

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pranavpg, 20 Aug 2018.

1. capphil11

capphil11 Member

I'm afraid that the epic power cell drop rate actually goes down with game progression. I started evolving rares to lvl11 and scraping them a few months ago. Initially probably 30%+ percent of these scrapes resulted in 5 epics power cells. For the last month or so I consistently only get 1. Still better than anything else, but it feels that there was some promotional drop rate that I was experiencing and it is now over. Has anyone gotten 5 epics on a lvl11 scrape recently?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as everyone else seems to be... no Epic Cells. It's painful and expensive to try to farm them, and with Events no longer offering Cells/Pieces, it's not looking very promising. I've got 6 item copies waiting for the 100 Epic Cells it takes to evolve, and earlier in the game had false optimism that I could build out a Fixer along with my Shooter, but the hard reality is a negative on that, due to nothing more than lack of Epic Cells. As such The Reaper holds no interest as it has Green slots I can't build out.

I'm not sure the Devs thought through the domino effect of how they introduced the new boats... rather than creating an opportunity to get players to spend more time and effort build up more items, with Epic cell progression wall is the same miserable mess it has always been.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

How does this happen?
    I have 970 epic power cells.
    I don’t spend money on the game, But have scrapped many epics and lvl 50 rares.
    Also I only have 11 max epic items, And only 6 more going to max.

I never keep anything I am not gonna use. Or max.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It seems to be quite a common issue. I’ve only got two max Epic items, and I have fewer than a hundred power cells left now.

I have a level 40 Epic Bandage, with full talent training, and the two duplicates to evolve it. I use it all the time, it is part of my main setup. Yet I’m still scared to upgrade it, because it will burn so many of my remaining power cells on a possible ‘non-essential’.

A better question might be, how did you manage to have 970 left, after 11 max Epics? :eek:

Tell us your secret, and you win the thread!

5. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

¬Buy inventory space
    ¬Hoard rares and scrap them at lvl 11

[​IMG]

6. envylife

You must have been around a long time and played a lot of battles considering I haven't received that many Epic Cells in my lifetime in the game, even including unscrapped items. What are your stats?

As for me, I have received a grand total 833 Epic Power Cells in my game lifetime (18 months, 14k battles). If I scrapped every epic I have in inventory my lifetime number still won't reach your 970 sitting in inventory. I still need a good 200 Epic Power Cells just to fill out one boat with all T5E items. Considering you have received over 5x the amount of Epic items than I, I wouldn't consider your situation as normal, and want to know where you get all that as a F2P player.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I counted mine up too. I’ve received a career total of 742, that’s not even enough to complete one ship.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

8t5 -800
    4t4-240
    3t3-90
    21t2 -210
    1scrapped t2-5?
    12cells on hand

Total career epic cells for me.. 1357 I think..

9. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

No, u may get leg one instead.

10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

My career Epic power cell # is 1085 and I do donate money to the game.

How you could get 970 cells, plus have 11 maxed epics. That is 2070 cells, plus any other epics you have(less than tier5).
    That doesn't seem possible as a F2P player.

Djradnad likes this.
  11. envylife

I agree.. I'm leaning toward 2070 Epic Cells is impossible as F2P even from game inception.

12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I agree as well, I’m pretty much f2p and that number seems insanely high to me. I’ve had less than 1400 and I have played almost everyday since launch, and grinded much more than most, spent probably an average of 1500 coins on parts/cells boxes every event and have been farming cells with rare lvl 11s since the around anniversary. Also I’ve been in NML so no shortage of season rewards, and I have the 200k raffle coins every other week (sometimes 3weeks). Maybe he spent a lot of pearls on epic containers, but I doubt that would make much of a difference compared to me spending on boosts and inventory space(for cell farming)

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've got 12 max epics, 3 at T4 and 1 at T2.

That suggests that I've used about 1400 power cells (plus the 24 I have in inventory), except that I've been building my items since early beta when power cells didn't exist yet, so the real number will be significantly lower.

I've also been actively farming power cells by scrapping T2 rares for ages, and I'm always short of them.

2070 cells for a free player certainly looks impossible to me.

Djradnad likes this.
  14. :Beardman:

I scrap everything, I never keep an item I “will” upgrade in the future.
    I have 1 lvl 1 epic item for a copy that is an EC. That will take me to rier4.
    Ihave scrapped numerous standard cannons, And just started keeping them to level up.

The way I see it is they will come around again, The more I scrap the more parts I have to upgrade items and get pieces to combine and will get cells.

15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Makes sense.
    I should probably just scrap the 600 epic items I have stashed away.

16. BORN TO KILL YOU

BORN TO KILL YOU Active Member

Just gonna put it in here and yeah it's not paid

Attached Files:

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  17. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Scrapping commons will get you some epic power cells too. Not sure of the drop rate (it’s not high). I picked up a few yesterday scrapping about 500,000 gold worth of commons. You’ll pick up some rare pieces/parts along doing this too. I have even picked up about 6 or 7 legendary pieces over time scrapping commons. It’s a boring task though.

18. :Beardman:

i scrap everything. My other boats are empty.
    This is my complete inventory.
    9E0F8241-FB8C-46F4-9428-FC37B0B40BB9.png A8402FB5-37B9-48D1-B65E-0D41759F65FF.png
    Like everything......

19. envylife

Last I checked it's about 8 Epic Cells per 1000 commons scrapped, but your results seem even lower. Scrapping commons is stupidly tedious, and the interface is fraught with inefficiencies but that's the game that Rovio built.

20. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

if you are F2P player then you won't have any problem with epic power cells cause you won't have many epic items to upgrade ,apart from if you spent all of pearls in getting EPIC CONTAINER , and I don't do that ,I have played for 1 year and 3 months ,and I haven't opened any epic container Screenshot_20181109-185730.jpg and this is everything I have Screenshot_20181110-093717.jpg I will give 100 epic power cell and 1k epic parts if anyone gives me 4 epic EC + 1 epic frost blaster, Help :(.