1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In shortage of epic power cells

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pranavpg, 20 Aug 2018.

1. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

I have 7 epic items with maxed current tier and needs to be evolved.. and i have no power cells to evolve them. I have to wait months to evolve a tier 4 weapon to 5. Please battle bay increase the rate of power cells to players.. The game is awesome but boring using same weapons and cant upgrade other weapons.. Please help.

Exploxion, TräcyÜ and FataMorgana88 like this.
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Try to get duplicates of rare items and upgrade them to rare 11, and then scrap them. You’re then guaranteed a epic power cell.

StrictSalmon307 and Pranavpg like this.
  3. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

U mean make space for all rare weapons and keep duplicates.. How much inventory capacity does it require then!! It is not easy as it is.

xArrogance likes this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Still faster than other ways for getting them :)

5. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

Ok i agree.. If epic parts are available in the shop then why not power cells? BB can include power cells also in the shop??!! Then thats a better way to earn than waiting for rare items and their duplictes..:(

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Oh god no, it's hard enough to get what you need from the shop already, without further increasing the item pool

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Buy and scrap common, they drop quite frequently... or just save up the guild’s token and raffle more, every 12 rounds is a guaranteed Epic power cell. Ofc, saving rare is always the best option.

8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I think buying and scrapping commons is intended to be a regular activity in the game. The final step of the “shopping spree” achievement is to buy 50,000 items from the shop (buying items counts). The only reasonable way to do this is to buy commons ... a lot. I’m thinking the achievement wouldn’t have been made unless the devs intended for us to buy a lot of commons. The shop refreshes too infrequently for it to be just buying perks and parts.

And as V_ said, epic (and rare) power cells drop quite often when scrapping commons. I have even picked up about 5 or 6 legendary pieces doing this in the past (not recently though - I think they might have messed up the drop rate in one update because they all came relatively close together)

Pranavpg and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Epic power cells are only a problem for the players that has been playing for more than a year I think. The current rate are pretty good for beginners and those that are not too far into epic items yet. the devs increased the number of cells from scrapping epic items, raffles, and now events. That said, I am always lacking epic cells. Every I got up to close to 60, I have to use it on something. I am only saving 30 in case I got an epic turbo for tier 4. That's my top priority at the moment.

Pranavpg and Mimmel like this.
  10. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

they are hard to get, but if they were easy to get we would complain about them being useless like we do with the uncommon cells lol.
    Just like pryde, I have just the right amount to keep evolving the items I want when I get the dupes. But I certainly don’t have too little of them either, sure I run out from time to time, but I have plenty of items sitting at lvl 11 that I could spend parts to get to lvl 20 if I am ever really out of cells. I always keep about 15 rares to scrap, most players have empty blue slots on their ships, if you are using epic blue items, then you can have up to 6 rares here that you keep for scrapping, I myself keep weapons though because you get red pieces more often. Also buying parts boxes from event has been a huge help for me.

11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Even with hitting every power cell in the raffle (at an obnoxious rate), scrapping most epics I get, and saving rares for leveling and scrapping, I'm still constantly out ..

I have 10 epics maxed, 3 more stuck at level 40 (needing 40 epic cells each), and probably 12 more sets of items I could upgrade if not for a lack of power cells (100 epic cells to max each one).

I suppose this could encourage people to buy more epic crates or epic cell offers - but, for me, all this shortage does is restrict access to the items I can use (i.e., restricts content, variety, entertainment value). And, it further encourages players to stick with one ship and one set of items (speeding their progress towards hitting the ceiling and quitting out of boredom).

So, I agree ... they should offer cells in the shop, increase the drop rate, and/or reduce the number of cells needed to upgrade for the good of the game ..

Because this is not a good solution - $92 USD for enough cells for a T3 epic:
    Screenshot_20180817-204911.png

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As you progress in the game the shop should simply stop carrying anything less than 2500 Common, 1000 uncommon, 200 rare and 25 Epic. That would free up a ton of slots to put other useful items in there. I need higher numbers than all of those for a single item level-up, so it's a little insulting for a shop to have all that useless filler intended for newbies.

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

All of the uncommon and rare perks (and rare item pieces) in the shop is real fun in NML ..

14. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I agree with @xArrogance regarding the low ceiling this game created for the players. Restricting the numbers of optimal ships and items can’t be good for the game’s economy. More usable contents means more spendings. More fun for the players means less leaving and more joining.

This game is really fun when the interest is still there. There are many walls and irritations in this game. Some of the are for business reasons. Few of them are really joy killers. The devs should think about expanding the ceiling of this game for the players.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Lol, I see what you did there. :D

ShipCrusherCz and V__ like this.
  16. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

U r right but in all shops i dont buy the first 3 or 4 items intended for beginners.. And many a times i dont buy the 1000 uncommon and 2500 common parts which i have plenty in my inventory already. So there is an option to include rare and epic power cells in the shop also. My opinion.

17. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

You are right man.. BB needs to improve consideration to frequent players. ie Increase(in sufficient rate not excess) epic power cell drop rate to players..

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

This is a great idea I hadn't considered. My regular inventory is full of purple stuff I can't scrap, but I can store blue blues on ships to make duplicates. Extra rudders, gear lubes, etc... have value!

ShipCrusherCz and Pranavpg like this.
  19. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

Yea nice point man.. I am gonna do it.. Thanks

20. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

Hi guy's now everyone facing shortage of epic cells and parts so give some suggestions rovio they will be make some change in the future . Basically increase cell rates when scraping rare items and we are getting 3 epic boxes every week so add more epic cells to quest boxes.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2018