1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A trip down memory lane

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by vis1234567899, 3 Nov 2018.

1. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Im interested to know peoples feelings on then (1 year ago) and now. About how the game has changed and if it was for the better or if its just getting worse? You could even talk about how the forums have changed.... back then we were all a bunch of noobs ( even TheAntiSnipe :D and The Otherguy ;))

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I feel like BB is a different game than it was when I started... One and a half years ago? Wow...
    Anyway, I feel like the game is more fair and biased toward gear. The player base has expanded and infamy has inflated. It's no longer possible to get to nightmare with all rares on an mk5... More and more players get t5Es every day... I remember when a T5E was a item only whales, top level NML, and the Oldest of old timers had. And I know of a time when T3R was powerful and mk5s were what most of the player base, including the devs, had.
    Ahh, those were the days, 5 minute wait for matchmaking, if you were lucky, 2k infamy per match difference was normal, everyone was in the one global chat channel, everything was in all caps, you could by 30 star crates, and the game still had the beta grafics... That was in the beta, I came by 3 weeks after global launch, and was imedeately captivated by the lore, depth, and history. This 2 yr 7 month old game is a masterpiece.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This time last year, I was in Master 1 enjoying the beautiful new Wayward Pains. The map was awesome and I promised I'd get a pentakill there one day. MVPs were right around the corner. I had no idea what was going to happen. The forum was wild, with people sprayfiring salt at this groundbreaking map that disallowed mortars for the most part.

Guilds were a new thing, the guild I had founded was owning everyone. BlackTail had been a legend to me, and in my efforts to get on a comparable level to him, I had no idea how overpowered I had become compared to my peers in Master league. I was recording my last game in a mk4 speeder on the 4th of November last year:D

I had no idea that, two videos from that point, I'd be one of the most famous players on the Bay, for the video called Torpedo Trickshots, for which I received acclaim from Eeyore himself.

When I first joined the forum, it was out of irritation at the sealclubber problem. Back in those days, sealclubbers could drop from Ace 1 to Challenger and go back up with no penalty.
    Guilds had no functionality. Speeders used to stunlock enemies, enforcers were impenetrable fortresses.

Strange. Even though I was a defender main when I got started... Those were the best times of my BB career. Unknown to others, playing in my little comfort zone of being a sniper. Sadly, it was not to be.
    You see, there were no "scrap warnings" either. New folks on the forum will be surprised to know that I wouldn't be ANY of what I am today, not even a YouTuber, if I hadn't scrapped one particular epic railgun by mistake.

You know what I did after I scrapped that RG? I said, "Damn it, Anti. You're going to combine that next epic. And whatever it gives you, will be what you main for the rest of your career."

I carry the results of that epic draw into every battle I step into these days. Because the railgun I scrapped yielded two components. One of them was a red piece that went on to be my epic blast. The other was an epic blue piece that went on to be my first ever epic blue, a turbo.

Anyway, I've said too much:p Being this nostalgic cannot be a good thing. If you read this much, daaaaamn~ you have a lot of patience. Here, have a cookie.

NeptuneGaming, XQT, skv1256 and 4 others like this.
  4. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I remember when we first me, it made an impression on me for some reason.
    Also, Lol, I remember that epic rg, how long did you have that as your profile pic?

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Remember when guilds were pointless and there weren't shooters everywhere.
    I myself was a shooter though. I didn't lead my shots so I was a mk3 at 200 infamy. Then I tried mk4 speeder, turns out I liked it and climbed to 1200.
    I came after the beta graphics.

I always gotta be that negative guy:D

6. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I miss Dr. Buzzkill.

7. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I miss burnice, swift, bhurt and sinklair.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Longer than I'm willing to admit:(

vis1234567899 and The Otherguy like this.
  9. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

There was me thinking that my builds were decided by scrapping:(, and then I see that everything about BB was decided by one epic RG scrap for u;). GG cause it certainly seems to have worked. People like me and Piglet r still in Ace 2 rn. I still dont know how to play with skill:eek:

Does Eeyore still play? I havent heard about him for a while

10. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

I miss the good old days :(

11. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

before game was bad (unbalance...) but matches were more fun because there weren't much spammers and players knew how to play , but now game got better but players got worse many and many players are spamming and other bad things and many players are playing very bad.

but still I hate the agility update, and I'm a shooter.

12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Back then there were no guild quests or events, but I still found it super addicting :p
    I played speeder a lot (it wasn’t nerfed) with ex cannon + blast.
    Progression was pretty difficult without events, a lot of people including me used rares.
    I hated sniper, thought it was super op. Idk though, it doesn’t feel as bad now :)

13. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Its funny how there's lots of negative feedback every update, yet most people here think the game is better now that it was a year ago ;)

14. The Otherguy

Tech support
    It's like he said

vis1234567899 and Kurd1stan. like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

What can I say? The game really has evolved... So has the forum as a matter of fact. In July-August 2017, the forum and the game were both the digital versions of the Wild, Wild West. Especially the game. Sealclubbers were a much, MUCH bigger problem back then without the 800 penalty.

The forum? Wow. There was SO. MUCH. SALT. You'd be able to see a mausoleum of deleted threads in that time period if you had mod privileges. Some of them were really bad, with matters escalating until the devs headshotted them, while some were deleted for more trivial matters that end with slaps on wrists these days, like posting in a different language.

People took much more pride and belonging in their guilds back then. We rolled with guild banner sigs, player sigs... You name it.
    ixwqjk.png xftemu.png

Maaaan~ those were the days.

16. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Man you are so right.
    The BB culture has changed, and lost its history to a select few historians.

(I would consider myself a historian, with the collection of signature banners thread and still doing old fashioned banners. Most of the other historians quit... :(. If only P0rthos could come back, even just for one vid, it'd be like a beloved leader for hundreds of years ago popping back to check up, lol.)

17. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Since this is in off topic, I haven't heard talk about the old forums in months, not on discord, in-game, or here.
    I want to know what it was like, so I'm callin the OG fam squad for screen caps:
    @"har"Smash until the end @Dobson @Captain_Perry @Sifa @Gnu @HELLRAZOR
    At least some of you were on the old forums, what was it like?
    Star caculation.png

18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

First of all,captain perry quit for already more than 1 year and @Gnu actually quitted bb for MONTHS while the game is still in the beta
    Frankly speaking,i couldn’t really remember how to old forums are in the past,but I do got a few photos from the old forums...
    upload_2018-11-6_22-50-19.jpeg
    When the update 2.0 is almost completed
    upload_2018-11-6_22-51-33.jpeg
    And here comes the list of the which part the devs is responsible to

upload_2018-11-6_22-52-47.jpeg
    devs exposed:D

19. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

vis1234567899 likes this.
  20. The Otherguy

Tech support