1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Tesla Shield Break Stun!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 1 Nov 2018.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Yeah hey, hold onto that for me, I know exactly where you can put it too.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yea, as a long-time single Tesla Shield user, I didn't really notice that much of a difference. It makes me a bit more selective about my perks and my positioning, but it wasn't a drastic nerf like the Neutering of Tesla Bolt.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’d just got a TS to a point where it could absorb ‘the majority’ of Max EC hits (barring 4x damage perks). That was a pretty important point for me, because against ships like Shooter, that have lots of shots, I want to be able to absorb at least one shot, and then shoot back.

Having Tesla Shield break is super annoying, not just because it takes your Shield down, but because the stun often interrupts the shot that you were lining up, and creates a moment of confusion, followed by disaster, as you realise you can’t Nitro either, and then take loads of damage, have done zero yourself.

So yeah, Shooters often try to break Shields with EC, being able to tank that first hit, and get a bit of damage done before my shield breaks would have made a massive difference to me.

At least it’s still possible to get back there. It will take many months, and a full set of hp perks, but at least it is still possible. I think if they’d nerfed TS below max EC, I’d have just quit the game by now.

4. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

You'll notice the tesla shield nerf if you run a rare tesla shield. I run double bubble on my enforcer, but as F2P I'm nowhere near a second epic T5 shield, so I run one level 50 epic and one level 50 rare.

My level 50 rare shield health is now 1189 after the update (no health perks) which is not absorbing much tbh. It's quite a liability now, weapons are a lot more powerful. Even with all health perks, it'll have 1400 health which is more respectable, but grenades and blast cannons are almost certain to take it down, which is actually a big deal in terms of the meta-game right now. Also if you attach all health perks you'll be looking at 1400 health but on a shield that has a 20 second cooldown, it's quite the wait for something so fragile.

But in terms of my epic level 50, I can say I haven't noticed the difference a whole lot. Rail guns and Ex cannons are still the main breakers. So far my shield has not been broken by any new weapons in one shot other than the occasional blast cannon.

This Is Me and What's Up Player like this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

I think that’s the worst thing about this nerf, and why it was so poorly considered. It hasn’t really affected the t5 Epic guys, it hasn’t affected double bubble (which has been declining anyway). None of the ships that might have needed a nerf were affected.

The only people who were really hit by this nerf were the ones using lower tier item and Rares. Those guys certainly didn’t need a nerf. Rare TS is a joke, I think my Epic TS overtook my Rare level 50, at about level 28.

If anything Rares needed a buff, but as usual, they got the short end of the stick.

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Since when was 20-14=7?

This Is Me and JoshW like this.
  7. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Ok.. i didn't type that. It was my ghost:p

8. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

One thing about shield you forgot to consider is it can block shots for other players. So for capture the flag or 2v2 events its much more useful than the traditional 5v5 death-match. The stun after a shield breaks is also cancelled by any incoming damage. If your spamming your escape or second shield then you shouldn't take more than one shot worth of damage. There are many situations in CTF where shields make the difference in the game on both speeders and enforcers. @DragonLegend did you consider other match types?

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

GG lol

10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with numbers, base stats, perks or whatever skill trees because people here seem to be failing at kindergarden math but let me tell you that they're not going to remove stun same way they're not returning tesla bolt to original specs or returning ex cannon back to 12.2 seconds or returning missiles to original speed. These items were too op and have been nerfed for a reason.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Ctf is just one event of many and its the speed that gives advantage in ctf not ts.
    Second ts is made to block shot, currently its blocking one shot only to get hit by another.
    I m fine if it takes one shot and breaks then both enemy and I have used one item and we both can use another. But no I m on stun, enemy will hit while i m sitting duck.

12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I think the problem exists in perk choices. Tesla shields with all epic HP perks can easily absorb ex cannons with all epic damage perks but empty tesla shield cannot take empty explosive cannon. That's because 4 epic damage perk give roughly +285 damage but 4 epic HP perks give +400 HP. And that's why everyone with duration perks are complaining about weak shields while people up here in nightmare still have unbreakable shields due to the hp perks.

Jerbears and ViscountSniffit like this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

Yeah... I don’t disagree. I run all hp perks on my Tesla Shield.

C5940531-9679-45A6-8F2E-47288F3FAB93.png

I was up to almost 2k, now I’m back down below the threshold for EC. Thankfully, I should still be able to get back up to around 1.9k without needing to find two more duplicates. That should keep me safe from ‘most’ ECs, which I’m thankful for.

But it’s still a significant nerf. With the old max t5 I might have looked forward to being able to take a couple of hits, like an EC and a Sniper. That might seem OP in a 1v1 situation, but in a 5v5 there can be a lot of people Shooting at you, and getting stunned while that is happening is obviously really bad.

14. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

Compare, contrast.
    Post nerf 10% hp lost rare ts

Screenshot_20181102-173306_Battle Bay.jpg

Last edited: 3 Nov 2018
  15. Clarsach

Clarsach Member

T4 epic in Ace One here. It is crazy noticeable. Basically, I throw the shield up, roll into range, immediately get stun. If I hadn’t, I’d take damage but be able to shoot back then nitro out. I’m about to go double nitro on my speedy enfo, which makes me sad.
    The last nerf was more than enough. Double nerf breaks a lot of builds.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Railgun has a percentage less damage drawback because its extremely powerful without it.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Fair point! Good catch.