1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

EC not targeting ships you can hit.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by ViscountSniffit, 31 Oct 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I brought this up before, but there was no response. EC (and other weapons) aim too low on ships that you can hit, and isnt’t targeting them properly.

But you can hit them by leading the shot manually. The game is even giving me Blind Shot awards for shooting over waves, even though the ship is clearly within the arc, evidenced by the fact that he was hit directly and died.

59448F61-0968-4E59-9C1A-DD3EDE42858D.png

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe, Fish and 4 others like this.
  2. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Game is broken.

Flint and What's Up Player like this.
  3. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Happens to blast also and A LOT. As said above the game (especially aiming system) became pure trash.

Edit : having a great laughter when enemy misses an easy shot because of this bug tho.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I thought vertical assist was supposed to fix this?

5. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Not just EC, I'm having trouble with flares flying over the heads of enemies right in front of me. I can't even bring the turret down to compensate. It gets stuck aiming over their heads.

6. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

I’m having the most problems with flare doing this. Especially when I’m higher on the wave than my enemy, goes right over their head smh

SlayerofSergeants and Fish like this.
  7. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Just adding my own experiences - EC and BC are not locking on to targets that are slightly below me.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If the hitbox thing is intentional, it's becoming a mechanic that completely puts consistency of close range weapons in the "trash" category. Shots whistling over opponents at super close range may be realistic, but it's a useless, counterproductive mechanic that needs to go.

Also, how is it that sniper cannons don't suffer from this? Ironic imho. Close range weps whistle over targets in the range they are DESIGNED for, while longe range weps are heckin' consistent? What sort of logic is that?

9. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

turret rotating slow, i too confused when playing with blast and ex canons.
    i am waiting for the turret to move completely.
    slowly i have observed that the shots registering when the aim is near to 5 to 15 degrees on ship.
    as turret rotating to slow this issue,
    but some times the shot was registering when the aim was locked, but showing it is out of the target, its all because of turret rotation speed and ship speed.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bumping this, has anyone found a reason or a solution to this?

_devill likes this.
  11. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I imagine it will be on their to do list to investigate. A lot of strange behaviours have come out of the recent release.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.