1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines suck.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 1 Nov 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    PROS:

Deals a ukcf load of damage
    CONS:
    Enemy has to be a infckgu idiot to run into it
    Long cooldown
    Clearly visible
    If enemy is using mines you're dfeukc ( since there's no diff. Between enemy and friendly mines)

So yeah mine sucks

2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sorry had to scramble a few words to evade a ban. (Mod Note: It didn't work.) Try your best to read them.

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Nov 2018
    NeptuneGaming likes this.
  4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Lol, a lot of damage is not the only pro. It can block off areas. Speeders often run into them. They last a long time. They actually have fairly short cooldown with training. They can be hidden in the tall grass. They're one slot point. They deal area damage.

5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I wish mines detonated with direct impact for like 50% damage.
    Speeders are the best mine layers but using half of your weapon slots for a mine is cringe worthy.
    Grenades are a great weapon on a speeder and adding similar properties to mines would definitely help in situations where you need the extra firepower.

Catcat likes this.
  6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I had a battle where I died, and there was a mine spammer defender against another normal defender and a normal shooter.

The mine spamming defender won. Totally going on my youtube channel this Saterday.

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Check this one out: https://replay.battlebay.net/RNXRRSNL#TGZBSGB
    Sorry it's a long one. Regular infamy battle, 4 kills with mines. Finished off a 11K shooter at the end with 3 mine hits.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  8. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Con: They apply damage to a random enemy and you often want to apply damage to a specific enemy.

I have won many matches against mine spammers which dealt ZERO damage with their mines during the whole match. I also lost a ton of matches due to mine spammers in my team. They tend to leave the team to lay their mines (just to be overwhelmed by 5 enemy ships appearing), they stay behind when pressure should be applied against enemy fixers, they are unable to finish off enemies with low hp (because they lack other weapons needed for this) etc.

9. BattleRascal

Since I've played about 75% of my battles over the last 6 months as a double-mine speeder, I can agree with you somewhat. I reached 3700 infamy in a MK5 speeder(prior to 4.0) with the double-mine setup.
    - 1 out of every 10 battles, I would do zero damage. Sorry guys, sometimes it happens. I don't accept friend requests after those battles :)
    - Win rate is approximately 50/50 with any weapon setup. When your rate goes up to 55/45 is when you gain infamy.
    - Yes, sometimes I cannot finish off low health enemies because of my setup. On the other hand I have won my fair share of 1v1 by placing mines in my path while being followed. My mine setup is not intended to end up in 1v1 situations at the end.
    -Every 15 battles, when going on my mine run, I run into the other team of 5 ships. This is not common for me, since I follow typically the same runs on every map. Usually I will take more risk when I have a fixer on my team.
    - I LOVE PLAYING against teams with enemy fixers. As a double-mine speeder, I did a thread one time posting my win rate against teams with a fixer and it was like 70% win rate. When I see a fixer, I know exactly where my mines are getting laid, right next to him.

What's Up Player likes this.
  10. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Can I see your setup? I'm really curios about your yellows and blues choice. :)

11. BattleRascal

Here is a screen shot from the glory days. Post 4.0 update I've dropped about 400 infamy and can't seem to get back above 3400.

IMG_0129.PNG

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. Dr. Reaper

Dr. Reaper New Member

Brah, it really good to know that you could setup mine next to me, I’ll get ready my sweetie explosive cannon right behind you. LoL

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

*Mines suck*

In tomorrow's news:
    *Water. Wet.*

Dr. Reaper likes this.
  14. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Water is wet.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Litcex

Litcex New Member

Yeah, yeah, im a speeder with exC and epic mine and i usually get 1 or 2 kills a game, but saying mines suck is like saying that mercy was not overpowered. But mine spammers...

16. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Mine is OP, need proof? i only got a lvl1 mine with 3 green perks on it.

[​IMG]

80% of that is mines' damage

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

Screenshot_2018-11-06-09-08-00.jpg Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-08-07.jpg Screenshot_2018-11-06-09-09-19.jpg

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Mines should have reduced duration in all TDM events.... no one is afraid to eat them with respawn.

20. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Hello, Diet Coke, is that you? :p