1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible implementation of new ships

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NmE, 31 Oct 2018.

1. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

rovio can just try making make the battle coin limit per match to 15 from 10
    this will lead to people actually grinding for the new ships and brings in more players
    and rovio will earn the money they so desperately need

2. -=LightSteve=- :)

-=LightSteve=- :) Member

Umm guys...you know
    (Idk how to explain) refreshing (like clicking the back button and go back in) changes the amount

3. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

At least the gameplay in bb is actually interesting...

4. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

I totally agree. Like I said in a different thread, the game we all love is still there, we just get more content on top. Are the new ships OP? Not at all. Can I compete on an even playing field with the original 5 ships? Yup.

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's new and people want new things ...

It's like skins in Fortnite ... there's no advantage but people still pay for them.

You may think that grinding 15+ hours to unlock a ship is too much work (when you can unlock it instantly for $50) ... and I have no issue with people feeling that way.

The issue I have is when people confuse new ships with a competitive advantage.

Whether by design or if it was unintentional, the gatling gun, interceptor and reaper are not as strong as other items or ships. So, thus far anyways, there is no competitive advantage.

I could break down exactly why that is .. but there seems to be little point anymore. People aren't willing to listen to any opinion that disagrees with their own.

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on why they are underpowered? I haven’t really made up my mind about them yet, nor have I had a chance to use them or play against them much.

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Long day for me .. so you'll have to piece together the random thoughts.

Anyways, the interceptor is the better of the two new ships imo.

It's basically an enforcer/shooter hybrid .. but it doesn't play either of those roles as well as the originals.

It doesn't have the tanky double bubble or agility/acceleration to dominate corners like the enforcer does .. and it has one less weapon and less health than shooters.

In theory, you'd be able to reposition yourself more quickly .. and use your weapons more effectively.

In practice, you're easier to hit than an enforcer or speeder but faster than a shooter, making it more tempting to flank to get better shots .. and making you more of a juicy target for speeders.

The base health with a big shield and bandage is lower than an enforcer running the same (and an enforcer has the tankiness to get around with a OB) while the interceptor doesn't. Likewise, it doesn't have the speed and small hitbox of the speeder that allows speeders to dodge so many shots.

Someone maxed their interceptor and started a thread here taking issue with the HPs - if you care to look for it. But it was consistent with my experience using a L25 (I think) .. I could make it work in some games but would die way too early in most.

The reaper is neat looking.. and I haven't played it so this is just a feeling. But, 2-slot weapons aren't more powerful than 1-slot weapons .. the 4 weapon slot points isn't an upgrade over the fixer's 3. It has less fixing ability, so it's expected to fight more .. and that's the biggest weakness of the fixer - exposing themselves and getting shelled. It's big, it's slow, it's easy to hit .. I just don't see many games where it's an upgrade over a traditional fixer.

It's new and different .. and it's another option for players (when they level it), so that's all good. It's just not an upgrade (or a premium ship) imo.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That seems like a fairly accurate analysis, to me.

When I first saw the Interceptor, it looked pretty intimidating, with all those guns. But I think you’re right, it just doesn’t seem to have the utility or hp to go toe to toe with an Enforcer.

The Reaper looks interesting to me, but I can definitely see how it might be underpowered. I’d be more inclined to play it as a kind of Speeder with Tape, than a Fixer. I think my main concern is that it’s going to end up with 6 actions, and 4 or them are likely to be Nitros and Tape, which is going to be quite attention heavy, just to stay alive and moving.

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already but how can I get more Interceptor pieces now? Or when the event is gone, is there really no way other than buying them directly with cash? If so, what a ridiculous system.

10. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Pretty much the only way to get Interceptor pieces now is with the legendary credit card perk... Unless they do another event once this one's finished. But we don't know for sure what's happening yet

Reorge, RACK STAR and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

That's actually so disappointing and sad to hear. I loved this game for a long time and it's heartbreaking to see how they ruin potentially the best update ever.

Do they seriously expect people (who would like to level up their interceptor) to chill out and do nothing while waiting for the next event possibly happening later at unknown date? Oh wait, they can grind for the new reaper pieces! Oh come on..

What if I don't care about the reaper but I would only like to grind and level up the interceptor..? Now all this time when they are rolling out other events I can't make any progress and when the next interceptor event finally drops, then I would again have to work my a** off for some days because the event has to be limited time only.

Let us grind the damn pieces whenever we want and not only during the limited time events.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

In short, yes. You will either send cash now, or wait and hope they change their minds about lack of grinding options. That's the official word from Rovio.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

If grinding actually was an option I would possibly - or most likely - eventually spend some money to speed it up. I have done that before multiple times with parts offers and I have reason to believe I would do it again with this thing.

But because grinding is not an option I'm also not interested. Come on, it doesn't even feel like an achievement at all if you just outright purchase the ship with credit card. You have to have at least some level of grinding - even if you speed it up with money - otherwise it doesn't feel rewarding.

Reorge, ShipCrusherCz and Epicular like this.
  14. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    This. Even the greediest companies (even EA) know to always make some grinding option available, even if it’s a terrible option.

Reorge and NeptuneGaming like this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see ads on BB with the tagline "NOT PAY TO WIN." So enticing...

16. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

i was busy the week interceptor event was held
    so have only like 1k parts
    now seeing that i will surely not get the reaper im not even trying to grind
    im not gonna fund a company who want to suck up money from their player base like a vacuum cleaner
    i can spend my money on fortnite where i atleast get to look good instead of bb where the money goes into a rng ridden epic container or a boat which i may or may not like

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  17. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Well, the new ships are not better than the old ones. So, I wouldn't call it 'pay 2 win'.
    However, I'm still angry at the way Rovio handles these new ship types. I really like everything about the v4 updates, but this Event-Coin-PuzzlePieces shit is really, really annoying. New ships bring diversity, new ways to play the game - but I cannot get them, except I'm shelling out ridicilous amounts of money. I hope Rovio is going to fix this in the next update...

18. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Either make the cost smaller, make event rewards have perks, ship parts, pieces and parts at the same time or replace ship parts with gold.

What about some ship pieces for daily log in?
    Or ship pieces in chests?

19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    This game is going to turn out like Club penguin V2. And we all know how that ends...:(

envylife and Dr. Reaper like this.