1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Balance changes & NEW ship: Meet your REAPER!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 30 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It is perfectly fine to hold different views than other players and to debate those views with them.
    But when they start being accompanied by personal insults to those players, then that crosses the line and is not tolerated.

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

You have more than one I guess.... :D:p

Nikkie! and Reorge like this.
  3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Yeah .. I'm not really getting anything out of my VIP sub anymore either. It for was great leveling up ..

But, now ... I don't really have anything to spend gold on other than the 50 or so epic parts a day in the shop (and I'm short on cells anyways). My sugar is always capped. My training is done. The extra guild rivalry quest doesn't do anything for me - because the prizes aren't worth it.

It would be worth it for bonus ship pieces or event coins, so hopefully they make that change at some point ... but I think I'll cancel it until then.

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

We lost all defence points. You lost some tesla shield HP. Seems fair to me.

Sidd gamer, XQT and Jowiee like this.
  5. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

my take on this "New Ship Events"

Option A. Grind your ass off for a week and get a level 10-20 ship

All other Options.
    Buy the missing ship pieces with $$$
    Buy the missing ship coins to buy ship pieces with $$$
    If you’re unlucky enough not to play in the week provided for the specific ship. Apply for a mortage to avail the imaginary ship.

They didn’t have options for buying through pearls. Tsk tsk.

6. Devendra328

Devendra328 New Member

Yeah you can say that I had two fire bomb but after the update I have 2 trophy.:cool::cool:

7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yellows with shields can face 2-5 enemies without losing HP? That's the biggest joke I've heard in this thread lmao.

8. xArrogance

For one, you clearly misread what I said.

For two,

https://replay.battlebay.net/HKGTWKWT#JFTKLVCF

I have much better replays but this was the easiest example (since it was posted here) ..

Play a game with a shooter - driving back and forth in front of the enemy team at that range. See how much those extra HPs help you out.

9. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

If you ask me TS Hp nerf aint a problem. It the Stun. Whats the benefit of shielding one shot only to get wreaked by other.
    Ts got 15 percentage nerf in hp. Still i would take more hp nerf for No Stun Ts.

envylife and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  10. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I played Shooter recently. With 4 1 slot weapons and fb
    Its so much relaxing than enfo or speeder.
    You stay with team and keep spamming until you get pushing chance.
    In terms of rewards
    Shooter is way less risky, you will do fine even when you are a noob.
    Yellows earn more rewards by taking bigger risks.
    And current 51% shooter use rate speaks itself. Noobs Paradise.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

For one - your example is legendary shield at 1100 infamy? LOL
    For two - people weren't even aiming at him. You said yellows can stand up against 2-5 enemies with their shields. Having the same rarities, x enemies should pop up the bubble with ease, making him stunned - guaranteed x another shots (one for each) on him for one! shot that yellow ship does on you. Make x a number from 2 to 5 as you said.

So no, yellow ship can't just stand before 2..5 enemies with his shield on having an advantage.

PS: and if he does that and succeeds, if nobody else's fault but yours and your teammates' for not focusing fire. (not you personally but in general).

Last edited: 1 Nov 2018
    This Is Me, ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  12. xArrogance

Yes, I choose an 1100 infamy speeder as an example because the typical response for sharing NML speeder examples is that "they're more talented ... that's not the norm."

But, that's exactly my point. They weren't aiming at him that often because they didn't want to waste the shots - they knew they'd likely miss (or get unregistered hits).

If you drive a shooter back and forth in front of an enemy team like that - from that range - they would be dead in seconds, rather than lasting the entire game.

XQT and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

If tesla shield was designed to be broken in one-shot then upgrading it for gaining hp is pretty pointless.

If the "shield" has to break in one shot then the "shield" has actually lost its purpose esp when it leaves the user stunned.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. xArrogance

Yeah, it's pointless to upgrade -- if the only weapons in the game are the flare or railgun ..

Level vs level, hp perks vs damage perks, it's going to absorb anything else (other than a firebomb, big berta .. and you'd have to be camping with no overhead coverage for those to hit .. or the 1/15 chance that all missiles hit together and on target)

But, feel free not to level it .. I'd love to be able to break it with my EC, BC, sniper, standard cannon, carronade, or grenade.

15. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

We probably wouldn't have to see players abusing the tesla shield(double bubble) if they didn't make some absurd nerfs on Frost items and tesla bolt. It's laughable how they buffed mortars looking at the NML stats while completely ignoring the frost items even though they have been dead since a year. The issue is the item/ship balancing updates are mostly based on late game/nightmare league stats. E.g.
    • Frost got nerfed to death as majority of people complained "in nightmare league you can't even move an inch when frozen"
    • Tesla bolt cd time was increased from 13.3s to 20s as speeders with full training of tesla bolt were spamming and abusing the item
    • Now mortars got buffed because NML players barely use them while ignoring the spamming issue in lower leagues

16. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

As @ViscountSniffit stated how a new player has to wait for 18s to shoot another tesla bolt of 6s stun. This explains alot about the decency of balancing in this game

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It would be really nice if the devs followed a different set of rules in NML and normal, however that would be confusing.

If nerfs were added into the training trees as "forced drawbacks" I think it would balance the game better, but would make people feel like they're being punished for levelling up, a behaviour type that is undesirable.

Talents make a huge difference in this game, moreso than most. A new system is needed to make balance changes that affect only certain strata of the game. What system will it be? Beats me:(

Nikkie! and Reorge like this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I recently watched the movie ‘The Social Network’ (if you haven’t seen it, it’s about Mark Zuckerberg and how he developed Facebook). A lot of drama centres around Facebook becoming popular, and investors wanting to know how and when it would make any money. Spoiler alert: Zuckerberg just focuses on making it good, giving users what they want, and now it’s worth 500 billion dollars.

George Lucas didn’t become a merchandising billionaire, because he was after a quick buck. Star Wars was a labour of love for him, and no one was sure it would ever be profitable.

Maybe he’s not ‘flipping burgers’, but a lot of people do work on projects because they just want to make something great. Some of those projects go on to be worth billions, some remain free for the betterment of humanity (Linux for example).

I’m not saying Rovio shouldn’t make a profit. I’m merely trying to provide some perspective here. Successful franchises are usually born out of love, not greed. If you make something great, that people love, then it will be profitable. Quick cash grabs might look more profitable to small minded bean counters, but that misses the bigger picture. No one falls in love with a game because it’s really profitable for the developers, that’s not why people tell their friends about it. Things have to be good, and popular, then they make money, not the other way around.

19. Kirk

Kirk New Member

The past events were fun. Different types of game play which permitted different strategies and allowed for experimentation with ships and loadouts. If you didn't like it, you can keep switching or use whatever you normally liked.
    The goals were to earn the event currency (whatever it is at the moment) and then SPEND that currency on rewards that we needed/wanted.
    Now we are forced to grind a very slow coin reward system, in a game mode that ONLY allows one possible reward that MOST will not earn unless they grind and grind.
    I currently do not care about the new ships as I am sure many others don't. The system in place to get them and upgrade them is ridiculous currently (in my opinion).
    Why can you not allow us to have the option to spend the coins in 4 ways (ships, perks, parts, or pieces)?
    It honestly detracts from the motivation to even enjoy these events with the current reward system.
    I am plying the event simply to get better stats for the guild quests....but please consider bringing back reward options....you can still force people to grind out the ships the painful way you have set up currently, but give the other ones of us the options to continue to upgrade our current ships and loadouts as we please.

Juggernaut likes this.
  20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts, and why I won't spend any further effort finishing off my TS's, which ensures that I'll just stay on Shooter as my only usable boat.

That's exactly my thought about Battle Bay. When I first started I thought it was awesome that everything was F2P without blockers and everything attainable with effort (massive effort), and luck. That slow progress was helped with Guild Quests, and then with Events, and players were getting more and more happy.

Things have changed now that Battle Bay is moving toward pay walls. 100% of Event rewards were removed, and exciting new content (boats) can't be used without paying cash. Now, for the first time, Battle Bay is starting to feel like all the other pseudo F2P games that quickly lost my interest with unreasonable blockers.

Chrystal, Sidd gamer, Reorge and 2 others like this.