1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a certain boat and setup cause the other team to have a Fixer more often?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 30 Oct 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Maybe a strange question, but I see more Fixers with the Unfriends than on my side of the battle. So, I wondered if my choice of ship and setup can influence this? I play Speeder with a Sniper and Swift, Overboost, Nitro, Tesla Bolt (or Tesla Shield), Big and Standard shield and turbo.

I checked a lot of battles with Fixer and see definately more on the Unfriends side, than on 'my side'. And I understand that the team with a good Fixer have the advantage over the team without one.

Regards,
    Flint

2. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

I dunno..But I do know that if you've certain type of weapons you don't get certain maps. Like if you've multiple firebombs you won't get chill zone. Like ever.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I feel like I get thrown into Wayward Pains a lot when I lack tops and carry mortars, but when I stop worrying about it I realize it's mostly random.

This is not true as far as my experience goes

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  4. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

No, it IS true. I've tested it over and over again. Whenever I use firebomb spam after I never get chill zone, like ever. The moment I switch ships and weapons like speeder I get chill zone within next 5 matches.

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

A team with a good any ship has an advantage over the other team. For some reason everyone is under the impression that the team with the fixer will win most battles, which is not true.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've been running 2 Fire Bombs for a few days and getting Chill Zone in regular rotation.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Officially, I'd say that maps and ships are completely random.

However, if you want more fixers in your team, try to find a "sweet spot" where many fixers around your infamy are usually online. It's all a roll of the dice anyway hehe

8. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

Easy fix:

BE THE FIXER OF YOUR TEAM

:D:D:D

Flint and skv1256 like this.
  9. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Good idea! Only still no succes guaranted...

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think you have a bigger chance of winning with a Fixer on your team. I heard so many people say if you want to climb Infamy fast, use a Fixer. I have not tried it, but that is what I have heard several times.

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I have not invested in good healing gear yet, so that will taken several months in my case to get some decent gear.

But you are right nonetheless :D

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Maps maybe, but ships I don't think so. But maybe the Devs can enlighten us, although maybe they rather not share, so we cannot abuse the matchmaking. Which would be understandable.

13. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

it can be worth it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Interest in fleeting with me ;).

15. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Does double pulse work good???
    How many do yours fix?

16. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

it works best when the twam actually sticks to you, its its good, best setup with tape/pulse/bolt.

my leggy does 108 and my rare 89 i think

17. The Skywolf

The Skywolf Member

Even better :D

Attached Files:

18. SeaNavy

Statistically, the chances of winning with a fixer on one team and no fixer on the other team are barely over 50%. Of course it won't be exactly 50%, I doubt any of the ships have an exact 50% winrate either.

19. Zxyqu

Zxyqu Member

I would like to see some data on this to be honest. I think all boats being roughly equal in dps/health/level, the fixer provides by far a real advantage if played correctly. Maybe it's just true at higher levels in nightmare, and I stopped keeping track months ago, but you do have a higher win rate with a healer on your team (1 on yours and none on theirs) than not. When double and triple healers show up, the numbers get muddied, but a single healer on the battlefield provides a solid advantage to your team. Maybe I'll start tracking this again (*opens excel).

20. SeaNavy

Statistics we're re posposby a Dev in some thread that in too lazy to find.
    Also, basing fixer win rate off of your own personal experiences is not accurate because some ships are good against or with fixers and others are bad with or against fixers.