1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A buff to a forgottten aeriel weapon?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ol' Rusty, 31 Oct 2018.

1. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

All mortars have received a buff this update but not their little brothers, the missiles.

Now I realise you have probably done this because many have complained about it since the agility update and to encourage the use of certain mortars as they're barely seen (standard mort.) and perhaps even to encourage their use in the big leagues. But how can you really forget ol' Miss?

Missiles are arguably one of the most skill required weapons on the bay and since agility has been increased it is SIGNIFICANTLY harder to use them.

Yes all weapons have become more difficult to use since the agility change but missiles really got smashed hard. Don't believe me, go and use one then tell me why you'd choose it over other alternatives. I cannot think of a weapon which was more affected by this update than missiles.

Please devs (@Miika @The Grim Repair and co.), consider a slight decrease to the missile launchers projectile travel time. I'm not asking you to make it overpowered, only that you put its difficulty to reward ratio in check.

Thanks

2. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Missiles are way too powerful right now. Another buff would break their 'balance'

3. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

I disagree as their dmg seems stable yet they're considerably harder to land than most. Would be okay with a dmg decrease and flight time decrease.

My arguement is why buff mortars and not the other.

4. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Flight time decrease? It's impossible to dodge Missiles if you have no nitro ready... that's why they didn't increase its damage as they did with mortars

5. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

With the increase to agility and ships base speed I think you'll find its not as easy as you think. You don't need a nitro to dodge missiles. Just turn your ship ever so slightly.

I'm guessing you'd hate to see a slight missile buff?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Missiles are fast as is. Now you want them to travel at the speed of light?

This is about as unbalanced as a ship with 8 slots for every color.

Reorge likes this.
  7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

You're not happy enough with the 3k total dmg ?
    But I personally don't see any good reasons to buff mortars

8. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

No why would I be? The amount of times a player actually lands all 5 is a joke. How often do people land the full damage of a ec or other weapon of the like?

9. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Uhh nooo. You must not understand the game mechanics if you can't see that missiles were nerfed through the floor. A slight buff of 8-10% to projectile speed would make them a lot more viable again.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

I don't care about missiles.

Besides, I'm very sure @Waveblower still uses them regardless of 'nerf' (like I do with my firebomb)

This Is Me and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  11. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Oh you don't? Then get your ass off my thread if you're just here to tear it down for no reason?

Yes good point. They've been nerfed therefore no one uses them anymore. What logic. I still use them even though I know their effectiveness has been reduced. Has no relation to the point I'm making.

Now move on.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  12. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

As a non missile user, I HATE seeing missiles coming for me, they are so unpredictable and virtually unable to avoid.
    Sometimes my ship can be sitting right in the middle of the missile spread and get ZERO damage. Other times my ship will barely be touching the side edge of the missile spread and I'll take 2K damage.

Reorge likes this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

You can still use them, you just need to actually have skill. It's like when people tell me i should heal my team instead of myself: you just need to git gud

I'd swear but unfortunately a certain person ( who, if you're reading this, don't get angry, I didn't name you) is taking away my freedom of speech for the time being

14. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Most who
    Yes, good point. That's a problem many weapons have with dmg not matching the onscreen animation.

Although you may hate them that is no real reason to oppose my request. Many missile users will know what I mean.

Example: before the agility Update (yes, I know all weapons suffered) a player would land say, a sniper shot 8/10. After the update perhaps it would be more like 6-7/10.
    Now pre update I would land a decent missile shot 8/10 (I am very good with it) but since the update where ships can turn sharply and faster in general, I land roughly 3-4 good shots out of 10.

Do you see my point here? By design the sniper only has to deal with leading a shot from left to right. But the missiles now have to take into consideration the movement from left to right AND front to back. They suffered in the same way a mortar did yet there's no buff.

15. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Swear why?

16. SupremeCalamitas

Because I feel like it.

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Missiles used to be my favorite weapon to use just because they are fun, but I no longer consider them reliable enough to use.
    • They don't work long range
    • They don't work short range
    • Agility makes it tougher than ever to hit a moving target with the tiny AoE
    • There is no way to decrease the insane randomness
    That mid range sweet spot is the only place Missiles are useful. Every other weapon seems to work in 2 of the 3 ranges (Short, Medium, Long) except for Missile... and while Carronade and Grenade work short range only they have powerful secondary and tertiary capabilities. Missiles are just....random. With Mortars you can count on consistent damage like Big Berta's 3k Epic, but you'll never see that theoretical 3k out of Missiles because they almost never converge, and even if they do it is unlikely to be on target anyhow.

My suggestion to improve them, any or all of the below
    • Offer crit % perks to help reduce randomness.
    • Reduce short or long range randomness.
    • Increase the AoE
    • Add a secondary capability
    • Add frost perk

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm not going to argue weather missile is op or not but let me tell you that they were nerfed before because they were too op. So no, there's no missile buff coming in 100 million years.

19. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Just got hit by missiles for 4500 so no.. No buff needed.

This Is Me likes this.
  20. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

What kind of missiles is that? I would like one. B-)

What's Up Player likes this.