1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Fire weapons

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Reorge, 31 Oct 2018.

1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Ideas for Balancing Fire weapons

Firebomb and Flare gun
    • Reduced burn duration by 50%
    • Increased damage by 43%
    • Increased cooldown time by 8%
    Or
    • Whenever a burned target gets hit by a cannon type weapon the duration will be reduced by 15% each time. E.g. if an enemy is burning from Firebomb/Flare gun of 20s duration, the duration will be reduced by 3 seconds each time a cannon type weapon hits.
    • When the burn duration on the enemy gets reduced by a cannon hit, the dmg will be increased by 200% for the next second.
    • Increased damage by 8%
    • Increased cooldown time by 7%
    Firebomb radius needs notice, it's pretty buggy and needs to be fixed or the radius needs to be reduced slightly.

Clarifications
    Why ?
    - As a weapon that deals massive damage, ignores defence, improves battle rewards, highly boosts Cannon type weapon damage (which are some of the most used weapons) and reduces healing(flare gun ability) it should be alot more demanding than it is now.

Fire bomb deals massive damage, has a very long range, good radius and not to mention a buggy radius. It nearly takes no effort to use it, this weapon has become more of a spamming weapon and sadly alot of players has obtained decent success with it, and this kinda behaviour should be discouraged.

Fire weapons and their combos has been ruling the bay since a very long time. Rewards are too high for something that doesn't take much effort. Too versatile hence its being over-used/powered. So making changes in it's duration and cooldown time will make it more trickier to use and limit the use of it.

Drop a like if you liked the idea and/or post your thoughts on it as a reply. Please Try not to post something like "Fire weapon is already balanced" or "Balance that weapon first". Thanks :)

TwittaDis, NathanaelK, Flint and 4 others like this.
  2. MGEV

MGEV Member

It's unfortunate that I do not win all the fights in which I use 4 Firebombs, in the occasion that I do win, the losing team may find it annoying, but again, using all FB do not guarantee me a win. And I don't spam FB that often, because lots of guild quests that are not for fire weapons, I already max the achievement for FB so spamming it don't earn me more achievement; so in this matter, I am not really concerned what will happen to FB. I stay neutral.

Su-57 likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree that fire is overrepresented, and your second method is awesome for all players. However, the second method alone won't work, the firebomb fixes will have to be implemented as well. The radius needs a fix.

The weapon does the damage of a Berta over time, and has damn near twice the radius. With the projectile speed buff post-3.2, it has become a menace to the competitive scene. It HAS to be toned down. As a necessity.

And yes, I now fully agree that flare needs a rebalance. At epic lv31, my flare does, like, 79 a tick for 19.6 seconds. Being set on fire, and healblocked, for 19.6 seconds, is NOT a pleasant experience. So yes. It needs a fix where you have to fire more flares(increasing the accuracy requirement) to get the same results. So I support the 15% duration decrease/shot+200% damage on shot. Except it might need a little calculation to keep dps constant.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Nothing guarantees a win. Spamming firebomb is easy and over-rewarding/powered. I have seen few people using over 2 firebombs even in NML.

5. MGEV

MGEV Member

Well what matters most is the win, they can use whatever, but if they don't win, it's meaningless, it only annoy people

6. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It is over-rewarding/powered for something that doesn't take much effort. It is a 5vs5 game, winning is not based on your performance only, as long as you keep getting matched with trash teammates you will keep losing. With a 50/50 win/loss ratio sometimes no matter how well you play you would end up losing.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You are implying mortars take more effort? Grenades? Missiles? Canons? They all take the same amount of leading shots as FB, which is a very slow projectile and requires a lot of leading.

Fixer sa Recto likes this.
  8. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Wait what ? Since when did firebombs and missiles started to take Same amount of effort in leading shots ? o_O

Last edited: 1 Nov 2018
    SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Disagreed. Firebomb, among all of the mortars I've played with the exception of the stdM and the BPM, tales the least effort.

Of all the WEAPONS I've played and mastered in the past, it ranks fourth easiest in terms of aiming, right there below carro, StM and BPM.

Of ALL the gear in the game, it ranks fifth, tied with frost, since stun is easier to land a shot with.

So yeah. FB is pretty darn easy to shoot. I can finish a led aim-fire cycle with FB on an enforcer in as much time as it takes to frame the thought, and I consider myself a noob at FB, matches-wise.

Grenades and cannons(especially explosive cannons) don't even compare to how easy it is to land a FB shot.

10. envylife

I still don't understand the goal, to make all weapons equally difficult? I don't find FB easier than LRM, BPM, or BB...They all require leading, and a button press... yet no one is complaining about mortars. It's the same thing.

11. envylife

You obviously don't either or both. Missiles are fast and get to their target immediately, so you don't need to lead but a tiny amount, similar to Sniper. Fire Bombs are SLOW and take a lot of anticipation with the new agility to lead the projectile into the path of the target in the center so that they burn for more than 5 seconds. With the agility changes and the radius falloff, I no longer worry about FB hitting me, as I can always get to the outer rings in a Shooter where burn duration is short.

12. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

i use both of them. I have a rare lvl50 firebomb and it is my only weapon that is fully maxed out.
    and they are spready*
    nope unless your goal is to hit one or two of it's projectiles. I use my missiles from time to time, and imo it's projectiles is one of the hardest to land. You're comparing sniper to missiles lol, when sniper travels in the speed of light and has a single projectile. Like I said missiles are spready, most of the time the projectiles don't hit the same spot. One needs a lot of practise to master it's aim. Nothing said can convince me missiles and snipers need the similar effort in leading.

Because mortars don't have a buggy radius like firebombs do, Mortars(ballpark and long range) do nearly half the dmg of a firebomb, Mortars are one of the least used weapons in higher leagues while firebomb is used almost everywhere equally, mortars don't boost cannons dmg like firebombs do, mortars don't ignore defence like Firebombs do, mortars are clearly not over-rewarding/used as firebombs are.
    Sure mortar spamming is just as annoying and skill-less as firebomb spamming is. But they are not OP or over-rewarding.

13. envylife

There it is.... it's not that landing Missiles is hard... it's the RNG projectile factor that you have no control over that makes them largely ineffective. That doesn't mean FB is OP, it means Missiles need a buff to counter their unreliable nature.

FB's radius isn't as buggy as before, it's been largely fixed... when I use it I consistently only get a few ticks of fire on my enemies... with the added agility everyone consistently makes it to the outer edges of the ring for minimal damage.

14. TheAntiSnipe

I've almost never used missiles but I do know how to land them. The slower you're going, the less they spread. I was flash-stopping and firing very effectively with those things, and if I ever landed a leggy missile, I'd 100% run it on shooter because they are SO DAMAGING in the right hands. The reason I don't use them is because I'm busy working on four new tools rn.
    Even as a mediocre shooter, and someone who rarely uses mortars, it took me two matches after @TheWarNet told me the trick on Discord to get used to missiles.

Reorge likes this.
  15. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Firebomb needs big Berta’s cooldown of 15.6sec

16. envylife

Sure, as long as FB gets additional damage to match BB

17. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

IMO Flare should not be touched much, if at all. Flare and firebomb should have the same relationship as frost blaster and cannon. The amount of damage I can rack up with a firebomb is scary. It should be half or 60% of the potential of flare damage, and it is more like 80%+. Fire should not be known as a main damage dealer, it should be an avenue to combo with your other weapons. Why can we not being back frost in a meaningful way? Maybe help both by making fire damage cut in half if you have a frost weapon equipped. We would see more frosties out there then just to help stop the fire meta.

I would also like to see some anti-fire perks for shields. Give me a 15% epic perk that reduces fire damage. If players are feeling the fry, they can equip accordingly.

But yes please fix the radius for FB. Seems to work fine for grenade.

18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

So I had been playing the event and I tried alot of different weapons, ships. Tried many reliable weapon set ups as well as spam set ups. But I was rarely getting more than 7 coins.

I never took the fire cannon combo seriously cuz I'm more into guild questing and my trainings were mostly done for napalm, and bhurt's cannon dmg talents used to clash a lot with the "dmg to burning enemies". But now after the last update it doesn't so at last, yesterday I tried using flare, firebomb, ex cannon and 2 blast cannons on my shooter. And Holy crap ! Even though I have zero fire dmg perk loaded on my cannons, my cannons dmg was raised by 250-400 dmg.

My dmg results went sky high and so my coins did. Not saying my win percentage went high idk about it. But Now I see why this fire Cannon combo is so overused and OP. Assuming the devs are not gonna do anything about it until it's too late so I think I'm gonna invest more into this weapon combo and look for more fire dmg perks.

19. TheAntiSnipe

They're super strong in TDM

Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

It's like players have lost all skill and all they do is spam fire bombs, napalm and mines. This is really annoying for any team that faces these players.

If one firebomb doesn't land, other comes right in and u have no where to go. And in another sec, another comes in. Thats all the players do now a days. It's disgusting.

Please increase the cool-down or decrease the radius or even decrease the range of firebomb. Let the players come forward and use firebomb. Thats all I ask. :rolleyes: