1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow item achievement wishes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hazimi, 29 Oct 2018.

?

Do you agree yellow item to have an achievement as red and green item?

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. No

5.9%
  3. Neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I wish the devs will make that yellow item to have a weapon achievement like red and green item to acquire legendary item.

I understand it might be hard hard to quantify the yellow item achivement. However, there are some yellow item that its achievement can be quantify like:

1. Tesla bolt : achievement from total stun duration
    2. Frost item : achiveme t from frost duration
    3. Tesla shield : achuevement from protecting team mate from taking dmg. Or achievement from taking dmg (i hope it will be this lol)

I dont know how to quantify OB and nitro achievement.

Really hope this will happen :) :D

2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Honestly, this is not the best idea. I don't want people going into games with the mind set of frosting or stunning for as long as possible. The should try to use them effectively. The devs probably won't be giving away any more free legendaries anyway.

3. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Why not blue items as well, eh?! =)))

4. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Legendary blue items are fairly useless compared to epics, and you don't want people to try and take so much damage to get a legendary shield. And if you go by wins, then people using common shields could get one faster than someone with a level 40 legendary

5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

All items need a fair shake at getting a "free" legendary from use. This was proposed as soon as the new scheme hit and is sorely needed. Its bad enough that yellow and blue item pieces are harder to come by. A simple "game time while active" could work. X number of seconds boosting etc. For blue taking x damage, or bandage x hp healed.

No on is saying these would be ground breaking difficult, but they will take some time to unlock of course.

Reorge and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  6. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Then you have people suiciding to take that x amount of damage

It was like this for the ductape acheveachie for a bit, then they threatened to ban people who did so

TräcyÜ likes this.
  7. benguin8

@c3n3 Going kamikaze would have way more negative effects on a player than just getting a legendary blue faster. It would result in more loses, less stars, resources etc.

Why is this any different than people suiciding to pump out x amount of damage as fast as they can?

8. benguin8

9. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

This senario popped up with ductape too, the devs said it was against the fair play rules to try and receive damage for heals toward quests, that is why they made shipwrecks have a 100% healing debuff. And yes, people will try to receive more damage kamakazi or not. It is inevitable. There are already people who purpose fully lose games just to drop infamy for the sake of a lower infamy, the action will now be rewarded with fast quests.

People can will exert more damage if they play a whole game conservatively than if the rush to die, and have to wait for loading screens and start of battles

10. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I dont think people will go kamikaze just because you will eventually get blue legend item reward. As benguin8 said, it has more negative effect rather than playing normally. Its hard to recover infamy once you drop too far. I know this from experience when i was trying to have fun playing speeder (my main is enfo) then i drop 700ish infamy.

11. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

That would be really great if possible. However, its hard to quantify the achievement number. Like a question, how would you rate that you have using your shield effectively? ;)

12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

There was yet another time this went around cause I remember commenting on it and I have no comments on the thread you shared lol
    Previously I was saying that it could be dmg done while equipped because no matter the level of your shield, the bigger it is the longer you will live and thus do more damage.

Even if they did do something like “damage taken” it would actually be “damage survived” because you have to take into account defense perks (unless you really want people to use them EVEN LESS to do this quest lol)

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Youd have to do # of wins with x item for some of them

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

But then someone starting the game would have no need to level up their common item because they will get their leggy just as quick, regardless of the current item level.

15. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Like it already is (was?) with Events? I'm still waiting for scaled rewards.

Reorge and Djradnad like this.
  17. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I have at least one copy of most legendary yellows .. by level 31, most epics are better.

So 5-7k wins with an item shouldn't prevent anyone from leveling their yellow epics.

... assuming they bring back some form of progression. At this rate, I'll have the same exact loadout 10 years from now.

Ovidmikel and Djradnad like this.