1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Would Battle Bay Devs Change The Game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 8 Sep 2018.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I believe you do not understand the meaning of nerfs sir. What exactly did they change that made you as an experienced player weaker than the new players?, A weakness that they don't share?

I'll admit that the whole captain training item tree system we used to follow messed up our set up against all the ships right now.

But it has hardly been what a month since the new update?. In the new system, it takes much much longer to level up taking a lot of gold, time and ofc effort.

No newbie or anybody for that matter would have been able to set up new better gears that'd make our setup totally obsolete within such a short period of time, no.

The real reason we're losing infamy is cause all the better skilled players we were able to stay on top of by the sheer virtue of having a bigger boat now no longer suffer from that disadvantage and are beating the hell out of us black amd blue.

Everything else you state seem to me to be mere excuses for not being able keep up our performance.

skv1256 likes this.
  2. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Settings sounds complex in the BB software and Dev decisions difficult to take. I'm not able to discuss about them. But I can tell you my experience in game.

In the previous version, I used to lose between 500 to 1000 points per shot when my shots on ennemy boats was on the same range. Matches was balanced and fun until the end.

Now in 4.0 version, I lose 1500 to 3000 points per shot when my shots causes always 500 to 1000 loses on ennemy boats. I'm sunk after receiving 4 or 5 shots. Matches are unbalanced and boring.

3. CheekyDevilGod

What's your current setup and what used to be your old setup?

If you can upload images then maybe we can figure out if somethings wrong with it which causes all your issues.

4. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

from google:

The term "nerfing" comes from the online gaming world of Ultima Online.

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it is considered 'nerfed'

i dont know how else i could call the loss of base defense versus boosted weapons....

benguin8 likes this.
  5. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Thank you for your help.
    This is my boat. Same weapons, same perks and Exp 47.
    Before 4.0, INF between 2100 - 2350 max, and kills/battle ratio 0.91
    Now, INF 1700 and kills/battle down to 0.89.

Attached Files:

6. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

why do you always compare old with new players?
    is your expectation that new players directly compete with the old ones?
    then either the update is not complete, since old versus new arent still equal enough.

or it is a question of matchmaking, was that changed with the update?

of course as a defender i am suffering most from the update as far as the defense is concerned, the buff of the weapons does not compensate for that.
    but why not taking away the yellows speed boosts, i.e. the nitros and overboosts. since they had them as compensation for missing defense, they dont need it anymore, do they? ;) let them their tesla shields, if you want lol; shooters with their 5 weapons also benefit from the update, since shooting frequency has become indispensable. so from my point of view still fundamentally unbalanced. indeed injected with the update.

if the reason for the update was the newcomers to keep up playing, then the matchmaking should have been changed, not the gameplay.

many players switch to heavy damage weapons like torpedos, mines (i have read here a lot about mine spamming) ... 1, 2 hits and you are gone, im taking the big torp currently. 1 hit and the speeder is gone, is that really wanted?

this is what i call effortless, not challenging, less fun...

pretty insinuation...
    who is 'our', so that i can compare to yours performances, although it is not necessary, and never have been a topic.

you know, when i started playing battle bay, i directly knew, this is fun, i will always have fun with this game, no matter which level i am. because the fight for the win would always be the same, no matter which level i am. it would be the same fun. but the gameplay has changed. i dont give up yet.

7. CheekyDevilGod

Your sniper and big shield are too low in level as compared to all your other weapons.

You are not utilizing all your slot points completely, I see you using 2 2 point weapons, I suggest you replace the sniper with a 2 point weapon, I think you'd probably have a high level epic explosive cannon?.

Your weapons in your build do not seem to be complimenting each other. You need to go in closer to accurately hit with the explosive cannon but the mortars are neither easy to use nor hit in close range.

Using a bandage when you get close range a lot is a bad idea as you are more susceptible to damage, another shield might help you out better.

So basically, either switch to another long range weapon that also works close range instead of the explosive cannon or if you really want the legendary then build up a set of other weapons that also let you deal dmg in close quarters combat and not just useful in range, like torps and rocket launchers, grenades, gattling gun, etc.

8. CheekyDevilGod

At this point I'm tempted to believe you are just here to troll and waste our time.

You say the new players have an unfair advantage over the pld ones cause they can upgrade whatever they want. I tell you that by the time they get their right equipment you'll be able to get equally good setups.

Then you tell me about boats being defenseless again, a point which was already discussed right in front of you.

We clearly informed you that a nerf can only cause an inbalance when ONLY ONE PARTY IS NERDED WHILE THE OTHER REMAINS POWERFUL.

And incase you were too thick to see it, EVERYBODY LOST THEIR DEFENSE, NOT JUST YOU.

And again, incase you were too thick to notice it, ALL THE SHIPS GOT A HUGE HP BUFF to make up for the lack of defense.

And idk what gae game you were playing before but ship's defense was the most useless attribute that they had before and nobody gave a single damn about it, even defenders.

Nobody bothered with defense and for all the right reasons too, it was pointless.

Even the mk7 defenders had like what a hundred something in defense and it was still useless in an actual dog fight.

9. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

oh, im an idiot... probably you are a bot?

ehmm, where do i say that?

in every post you stated something someone did not say....
    thanks for discussion, bye

10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

@CheekyDevilGod @Friscomachine Ok, it’s now time to stop the personal attacks.
    Please just accept that you hold different opinions to each other, and that no amount of further debate will allow you to change the others mind.

11. CheekyDevilGod

Who said this?:

"Ofc old players are nerfed, they had to build their boat and items according to the old system blah blah blah, this has caused an imbalance blah blah blah"

And again incase you are too thick to understand, old players getting nerfed causing an imbalance means new players are more powerful, that's what it implies

12. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

thats what you assume it implies, your assumption is wrong. take what i say, not what i presumably want to say. that you cant know.
    or did i say anything about new players in that context?

butz surely as a god you must know, n'est-ce pas? ;)

i am now pretty sure, you are a bot, trolling to hold up a thread and its activity with insane arguments and false insinuations.
    thank you very much - ignore list is activated, lol

13. CheekyDevilGod

Oof so annoying

14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Guys, I will hand out warning points if further personal insults or attacks take place.

15. CheekyDevilGod

Hey I stopped

Sidd gamer and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  16. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Thx Cheeky. I appreciate your help. I probably do not use the best weapons and the most efficient but I would add some remarks.
    1- I couldn't upgrade my weapons because the gambling system/raffle in BB didn't give me the things I need.
    2- This equipment has been built for one year. It a long way and I dislike to make this effort again.
    3- I used the same boat and same weapons before 4.0 with better results (INF max +2300) and more fun. Now it's boring to play BB. I m always down, my INF is 1600 today. Probably 1500 tomorrow I guess. So, somethings have changed dramatically in the gameplay.

@Devs, you killed BB. I'd better to start another game instead of starting over efforts in BB to retreive level and fun I had. If you can restore the previous game play or change the gambling system/raffle, just tell me.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

I started battle Bay the day it released globally on May 4th last year. Played very frequently and reached 3300 infamy early this year as F2P.
    Following that I took a huge break of 8-9 months due to school work and what not, and started playing again last month. I dropped to 1000 infamy. And I was quite shocked.
    No not because I dropped 2k infamy..like ok whatever. But the way the game as shifted, the types of weapon levels I see at 1k infamy which I used to see at 3k, it's mind boggling how everything has completed shifted.

On the other hand, I had a pause from Clash Royale for over a year, after which I continued playing and my card levels are still competitive at my trophy, I'm still winning/losing like normal, after 1 year there's no major shift in what plays at what level.
    So I think even though Rovio wants new players, the first 1k infamy is not fun at all, with crazy overpowered weapons, so that's another aspect which needs improvement.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. T rx

T rx New Member

Reset the achievements

Increase guild members from 25 to 50

And winning rivarly on basis of number of trophy earn by the guild

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Why do you want this?

I mean to reset achievements, that's nice if you're already legendary, but suppose you almost have it and you work super hard to get it, but you don’t finish it in time then you're super badly sewn, that's quite unfair...
    Maybe that be something like a reset AFTER you have achieved legendary would help, but I’m not sure know...
    It just doesn’t seem very nice to me

About your guild suggestions, what do you think would happen to the strong guilds? They would be better than ever before! With 50 members...

The point that comes up against me with your ideas is that the strong /good ones are getting stronger, but those who aren’t that strong, or frankly weak people / captains who do not benefit from this at all ...

I'm sorry if there are translation errors, I'm not good enough to use all the words I want, so I used Google Translate

Nikkie

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. T rx

T rx New Member

Reset after one has completed that particular achievements , maybe some achievements are can't be reset but wepons one's and some other can be done

Guild
    Let's take example of 2 guilds if both guild capable of doing say 10 quest when they become one they surely hit 20 quest which help all members to grows better than before

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer likes this.