1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

After update 4.0 u banned Big Bertas...

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by DWDR ^ weksels, 28 Oct 2018.

1. DWDR ^ weksels

DWDR ^ weksels New Member

I got 3x Tier V Big Bertas... moustly i use them on Shooter when making guild quests... I played with them more then 5000+ battles and know how to make best targeting... I can get more then 1k+ dmg on every hit few time ago... but then when developers added gatling gun and maked maxed ship agility they almoust banned Big Bertas... but now after udpate 4.0 everyone got also full speed and full agility and they banned Big Bertas by 90%... If before i can shoot them in a row and every hit get 1k+ dmg... then now im lucky if I get 1k+ dmg from 3 hits.... Everyone knowed that best was use Bertas on Defenders because they was slower and can easy hit them... but now they all are on full speed 1.42 .... and can easy sneak from big bertas... I know it is very fun... when 20k HP defender is comming on u and laughing because can easy bypassing all Big Bertas landing spots....

I know that someone will wanna be smart and tell that i need to use big berta on speeder our enforcer... together with froze blaster... but be real guys... i know that work good... but if u will see speeder our enforcer playing with big berta... then know he play like that only because he help to make mortar our big berta guild quest... and ussually he not play like that....

So i ask to developers... If u make all ships more faster and movements better then make also for Big Bertas something...
    Make faster landing time our speed...
    Our the best can be... make enemy not see big bertas landing spot... then i will be happy...

But not for now.... i just buyed 5 more slots in invetory and maked a trophy room for my 3x tier V big bertas... to remeber how good they was half months ago... but in future i will scrap them ... if nothing will not change...

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

They sped them up by 10% to make up for the agility just FYI ..

Unrelated question .. I've seen your contributions, so I already know the answer ..

But, do you have any trouble contributing hundreds of thousands of trophies towards guild rivalry quests?

Or, in your experience, are players with 4-5,000 infamy contributing more than you in rivalries?

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If you want to use Big Berta’s for quests, find an enforcer who uses frost launcher and fleet with them.

But otherwise, I wouldn’t receommend using 3 of any weapon (never mind Big Berta) for guild quests, you’ll just reduce your win percentage too much.

TheAntiSnipe and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

He's an old guildmate of mine ..

He doesn't play for infamy. He plays for rivalries. He never intentionally loses but he's not shy about spamming whatever quest weapons he's currently working on. And I've seen him put up (very close to or over) a million trophies in a single week.

Some might not agree with ever using a setup other than your very best setup for infamy matches, but I never saw any issue with it.

Anywho .. that's a good tip - fleeting with an enfo using a frost launcher when you're working on berta /mortar quests.

Kurd1stan. and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

TheAntiSnipe and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Use twin snipers with frost event perks, I think you might enjoy the long range sniping;)

Other than that, I personally think that the Berta is an underrepresented weapon, and that if I used one on a shooter, it'd play the role of a deterrent.

You really wanna know the scary part of a Berta? Metric tons of shell falling from the sky. The sheer presence of that mortar sends enemies scampering for cover, and the flight time allows you to shoot two rapidly. Agi changed and made the "single berta lure" impossible, but I think you can chain two to achieve a similar effect.

As a 5k battle hardened player, I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

I really think that the Berta falls in the category of weapons that I like to call "phantom crowd control" tho, not really meant for damage, but more for deterrence.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  7. DWDR ^ weksels

Im not talked about contribution.... i talking about big berta...
    U need to know thease players

Attached Files:

8. DWDR ^ weksels

U just telled me tricks that i already trying to use... I already play with 2 snipers with 25% froze chanse... but it work only if I am alone with enemy... because always when i hit with snipe and frouze... someone already hit and unfroze enemy before berta lands on it.....

2nd way with enforcer....
    I also tryed this trick some time ago.. wherr enforcer specialy go with 2 frouze blasters to help.me...
    But the problem is that froze blaster range is more then big berta even with 2 range pearks...
    So it work only on battle start... i need to let him go front to see where he will shoot... and after that i need to run front to try hit... and at final like i say... aways will be some enforcer our speeder ho will hit enemy faster then big berta will land on him

9. DWDR ^ weksels

This also I tryed... I always shoot one front to the way ship goes and 2nd just on ship.. then 3th one i look where he will choose to go...but it not work now.. everyone can slip away... my only hope now is get on enemy team a fixer with 2x pulse... then mouslty all go in group and i just need to concetrate on fixer... and shoot rapidly 2 bertas after every nitro use on him... then i can get some lucky shoots.... and splash dmg...

And about splash dmg..... now how can i know... is I still got thouse % more splash dmg after update ho was on torpedos and big bertas... because now everything is full for me... but big berta dont have anymore splash dmg talents

TheAntiSnipe likes this.