1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's fix BB

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SupremeCalamitas, 28 Oct 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    look, matchmaking is probably THE #1 thing driving new players away. That's potential money for you, Rovio. So I'll gather myself and the community into this thread to fix the goddamn matchmaking ( as well as the rest of BB) so you guys can earn more money. So you guys better go to god and tell him to add a little ' listening to the community' potion into you.

INFAMY FLOORS: (SCRAPPED)

Vet anger: minimal
    Beginner experience: highly improved.

The biggest problem with the new players is that there's high power players way down in the lower leagues. I'll help fix that. However, with mks gone, this will be a bit difficult.

( mk1 Levels?)Lv1-10: challenger 3-1
    (Mk2levels?)Lv10-16: challenger 2- warrior 2
    (Mk3?)16-25:warrior 3-master 3
    (Mk4?)25-30:warrior 1-master 1
    (Mk5?)30-37:master 2- ace 3 or 2
    (Mk6?)37-43:2200- master 1 or ace 3- nightmare
    (Mk7?)43-50-3000-ace 2- nightmare

You CANNOT go below minimum. If you have a losing battle that would result in a drop below your infamy floor, you stay at your current infamy. The reason for overlapping is so people just advancing into their new floor have some time to continue fighting others of their past league, however if exploiting happens then the overlap will be removed.

Please add your own ideas. Not only for matchmaking but for BB in general

If you don't like a part of someone's idea, please do not focus only on the negative and do not be an asshole

Last edited: 28 Oct 2018
    Tmfh67401 and Prime Lightning like this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

3. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

4. SupremeCalamitas

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Infamy is the representation of your ship level, crew training, item levels + your skill.

If you create infamy floors, you'll have players pushed up higher in infamy than their skill level would normally allow.

Other than incentivizing players to delay their captain training and ship leveling to avoid being forced into matches they can't compete in, you'll also lower the quality of matches.

You'll see far more players getting destroyed before doing any real damage. Skilled players will still be matched with higher level ships, so it won't fix that issue. You'll see more complaints about terrible teammates. And, for all the player pushed up to new infamy levels, they won't be able to compete and they'll quit ... which is not something a game with a smaller player pool can afford to do.

If you believe the issue is players intentionally tanking infamy, then the better way to solve that issue is to make each leagues' season rewards significantly better than the previous league - so tanking infamy would hurt your item progression.

But, I'm not sure that's a huge issue ..

The only possible benefit I can think of for infamy tanking would be to make it easier to contribute to guild rivalries .. so that incentive would have be removed - if it is in fact an issue.

6. SupremeCalamitas

Maybe when the floors are added give everyone a bit of a gift to help them along the way ( few pearls, items or something?)

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I get the thought behind the suggestion.. and it's not coming from a bad place.

The thing is that there is already less of an advantage to having a higher level ship than there was before.

Before you had extra items, extra speed, extra defense, extra crew talents. Now you don't.

So they've already listened to players and made changes to give lower level players more of a chance.

There's also a business reason for making matches a range of different level players. It encourages you to get better - buy items, speed up training, etc.

But it's also a good lesson to learn. Even when you max all your epics, you'll still run into players with maxed legendaries. You have to learn to deal more damage than you take .. because you'll always be at an item level disadvantage (unless you're spending lots of money).

8. SupremeCalamitas

Ok let's scrap infamy floors

9. SupremeCalamitas