1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer sucks now

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 27 Oct 2018.

?

Agree?

1. YES!!

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Eh, sure

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Neutral

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. Nah

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. How high are you, m8?

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    seriously, fixer was already bad.. now even worse:

BEFORE:
    Fixers relied entirely on teammates ( who tend to be so stupid they can't tell you the difference between a knight and a samurai)
    Had to get really close to those teammates ( again, the ultimate torpedo hazards [ well you could run tribolt])
    Can't equip 2 ex cannons ( add more slot points to fixer and speeder pls)
    Bad self healing ( repair box is just shitty and repair pulse really needs to 100% heal the fixer as well)
    AFTER:
    Teammates ( who I from now on will refer to as torpedo hazards) have become incredibly bad to be around. Seriously, can they even SEE torpedos? Are they rushing TO the torps??

Healing didn't get ANY buff ( ok a bit. But a bit will never count.)

Fixers and healing in general need a HUGE buff

2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Agree

3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Such a simple answer

4. Darth Reaper

Darth Reaper Active Member

Yes!! My main is fixer, before it was okay just need little more HP but now even WORSE, like you said big torp, mine, and too many mortars.

5. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I still think fixer on one side and not on the other is a huge advantage to the fixer side if they play defensively. They have a 80% chance of winning that game.

Edit: This replay may tell you why.

https://replay.battlebay.net/YZCQGDFR#NJVGSVVD

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
    NeptuneGaming and xArrogance like this.
  6. MGEV

MGEV Member

It's true. For whatever reasons, from my experience, team has fixer has better chance to win now, and team that don't struggle to kill the fixer.

7. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Fixer was nerfed, but you're over exaggerating. Before, fixer wasn't bad. It was in-between; better than speeder and defender but worse than shooter and enforcer. After the update, it's still in between imo. And even though healing items got worse, other ships were nerfed too, not just fixer. Now with the new overload of damage, defenders' supposedly large amount of hp are half gone before they can even get within range to shoot, and the already fragile speeder is now even more fragile, dying in 2-4 shots sometimes even with a shield instead of bandage.

8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Would be nice to allow 3pts on blue now to get a little more HP protection from a big shield instead of std shield

9. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any difference with playing the fixer after the update ,well I haven't played the fixer after the 4.0 but that has nothing to do with it.

10. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

The HP buff on the back of the update is certainly a very welcomed change. The increase in damage is also welcome as I can contribute more in that respect as well. However, the role of healing hasn't seen any growth to correspond with the damage growth.

This has left fixers stagnating in their primary role. The fact that healing hasn't been increased can be seen as an indirect nerf to fixers.

My overall opinion is that damage is now too great and ships can't withstand the damage. When a defender can't take the damage anymore I think that speaks volumes. Fixers also have more work than they can handle.

NeptuneGaming and Ovidmikel like this.
  11. Earel

Earel Active Member

2 shots + little splash = fixer dead)
    Team with fixer on large map got a better chance to win then in short map...

12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

In NML, if one team has a fixer, the other team should too.

It's too big of an advantage to be able to camp with a fixer .. mining and FB spamming .. if the other team isn't being fixed.

A good fixer is still the best fleetmate imo.

But yeah, I could see how you're dying quickly if you're rushing to the front lines or sitting still to shoot your weapons.

13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This is very true.
    Did few ranked games today (after a very long time) and fleeted with a fixer.
    When the enemies team had no fixer, I knew at the beginning we'll win the battle easily

xArrogance likes this.
  14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I have a long version.
    But as u already know, I am very selfish thus sharing it with others is not my preferences.

15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I played 20 matches with the fixer :16 wins,1draw and 3 loses,

so for me it is NO ,fixer is still good.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  16. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

17. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Pre-update
    D3552B61-707E-400B-8299-B8E045D220CD.png
    Post-update E54FBEA2-674D-4720-A462-E63E35C34398.png pre-update
    86367C57-479E-4E54-A735-B7A8744086A5.png Post-update 1A7F6E0E-A222-44D0-B2CD-7B602B6EACB9.png pre-update
    75351EFD-1CF4-40F6-BB6A-F75BB8A9D2E9.png Post-update 9E737DB3-CCF6-4959-9731-BB8A4171C6AB.png

While it can be debated if it was enough, all healing items did receive a increase as well. However, I don’t feel like it’s a matter of not being able to handle the amount of damage being dealt. The problem lies in players not adjusting to the new changes. With the extra fire power it seems to me like everyone thinks they’re a one man wrecking crew, that can cut a swath through the opposition. While this my be true, you now have 5 beefed up ships now firing back. You have to pick your moments when to push, and when to fall back and let us Fixers do our job. Don’t push halfway across the map then call for help. I’m not risking exposing my vulnerable a$$ to heal you, when the rest of the team is within my reach.

I felt like the agility update took out some of the tactics of battle, but it also feels like this update put them back in. Albeit, not it the same regard.

18. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    rexaroni likes this.
  19. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I do agree that the increase in the power of green items does not feel like it was on the same level as weapons

But it's more the players that make the impact, a few players have developed a Rambo complex and feel they're a one person army. I've had quite a good run with fixer post update, especially when playing against a non fixer team. Most players have realised getting stranded against multiple opponents will lead to a much faster death than before.

Also some players actually take a while to adjust playing styles once an event is over, after events I tend to stay away from fixer for a few days, while people figure out they can't respawn

envylife and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  20. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

345BC30C-DA59-482E-BACB-57F98205E81D.png
    Get enough Fixers together, and you’re not too bad. :D

NeptuneGaming, Fixer Wiseman and MGEV like this.