1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Disparity’s in Coin Winnings in Capture the Flag

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jerry St.Onge, 25 Oct 2018.

1. Jerry St.Onge

Jerry St.Onge New Member

Question: I see players on the losing team that get a capture and get 7 coins. I get the only capture on a losing team, out damage everyone by 10k or more, and only get 5 coins. The same as a teammate who didn’t even score 9k with no captures. On my game loading page there is a red ! With this text: “unusual set of talents, weapons and ship, it may be difficult to find you a fair battle.” Is that why?

Last edited: 25 Oct 2018
  2. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

Basically yes. You're using either an underpower boat for your level, or fitting under power weapons on a high level boat, both of the effect your gear score which is used in the matchmaking of events.

3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

This last event was different. Some players, no matter what they did(myself included) continuously got the "unusual set of talents" message and were getting matched against players with 1000 to 2000 higher gear scores. It was basically like playing infamy battles for me.
    I tried playing my BEST weapons, I tried switching to ALL RARES. It didn't matter. I was usually always the lowest gear score in the battle.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This was my experience as well. I played the entire event where most of the players had 1000 GS higher than me. The only reason players had less GS than me were when the players with T5L items joined.

I have no idea why I was on those battles being a 3k Infamy, but my win rate went up throughout the event as I got used to the massive firepower being thrown about. Going back to ranked matches without that massive firepower is going to be interesting because apparently I can hang with it.

5. MGEV

MGEV Member

carro, blast cannon, sniper on interceptor was unusual; so there you go, anything can be abnormal

6. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

No. That's not why.

It's because the coin rewards are relative to what everyone else did and when they did it.

If you capture in the first minute, then lose the match, you'll get 5 coins. If you capped closer to the end - or held the flag for longer - then you'd get more coins. If you had multiple flag carriers and flag returners, you'd see odd results where winning teams had multiple people getting 8 coins as the highest reward.

The relative scoring system needs a bit of work.

Btw, they also changed the coin scoring mid-event.

It was originally giving people more credit for doing damage to enemy flag carriers and for flag returns.

It was a much better scoring system, but the issue was that speeders sacrificing themselves to push the flag forward were not being rewarded in losses. Likewise, people figured out they could earn coins by racking up damage on flag carriers, so every game was taking 5-6 minutes in a defensive stalemate.

So, they switched back to the old scoring system where flag carriers got the most coins win or lose - and matches started going much quicker.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  7. Jerry St.Onge

Jerry St.Onge New Member

Thank You!