1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do we have to select new weapon manually after each shot is fired?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fisher214, 26 Oct 2018.

1. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Is there a way to set new weapon selection to automatic rather having to manually select new weapon each time you use previous weapon.
    Like if you have blast cannon + granade + torpedo + etc. Once you fire blast cannon, ship automatically selects next weapon that is granade, and so on and so on.
    It seems like a very simple and necessary thing to have. Is it already implemented or I just haven't found that setting yet, lol.

wtfack likes this.
  2. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

But who says I wanted to use my grenade next? You use the best weapon that fits the situation. The ship isn’t going to know this, but a skilled Captain will. This is a feature I would turn off immediately.

Further more, why wouldn’t you use your grenade first for a chance to crit, THEN use your blast for fire damage bonus? ;)

ShipCrusherCz and Ultrah like this.
  3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

The game already drives your ship for you. And it already aims for you. Why not just have the game totally control your character and shoot for you too?

Of course, that might be unfair because it would make some of my teammates actually better.

4. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Yeah, but those moments where you are at dual with other player or in close distance combat, you just wanna unload all your weapons as fast as you can.
    Not having to manually select each weapon feels much more efficient.

wtfack likes this.
  5. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Until your in close quarter combat and your boat selects LRM....:confused:

6. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

You can turn off automatic weapon selection setting just like you've turned off other settings you've mentioned.
    And what you tried to make up as a sarcastic jab is exactly the point I'm trying to make if the devs have given us autopilot (useful till level 10 while you are fighting bots,) they can give us auto weapon selection too, which I feel would be far more useful for wide range and levels of players.

RACK STAR likes this.
  7. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

You can overrule automatic selection by manually too, just like in auto pilot. So this scenario won't be a problem at all. All this setting is doing is giving you next weapon in the line, you can overrule given weapon at your own wish.

RACK STAR likes this.
  8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Whilst I’m sure some people would like your idea and benefit from it, I personally don’t think it would be enough of an improvement to warrant the time of the small development team that we have. I think that there are other ideas which would bring bigger benefits to more of the population such as new maps, ships, weapons etc.
    However, if it was something that was easily and quickly implemented and could be toggled on and off as an option, then I’d have no objection to the idea.
    Ps: welcome to the forum :)

9. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Fair enough!!!

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  10. Kirk

Kirk New Member

No thank you.

11. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

With global cooldown (except in case of Gatling Gun) u have enough time even to chat (say attack "xxx", yes, no, together, capture) in-between shots... I have mastered the ability to celebrate the kills even before actully landing the killing blow :p

PS: I've lost some matches that I had already "yes"ed though :oops::oops:

12. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Why do you think it's an bad idea. Can you elaborate?

13. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Well, you can give battle commands even more with this option if you want. And no, I don't think it is efficient to switch weapons manually after each shot is fired, especially in the heat of the match where you have to lead all your shots and also wants to fire as many weapons as you can.