1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Testing? - nop! Doesn’t hear anything about it.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Earel, 25 Oct 2018.

1. Earel

Earel Active Member

9B234B74-9D7E-4A1A-97D4-DDEC4A529353.png
    So, in quick view, u don’t need to grade turbo for next level.
    31 lvl with 4 perks give u max speed for all ships.
    Do u have any reason to level up this item? - no.
    Thx rovio for logic and smart balanced content.
    Do u have some Qa in ur team?( how u can release this?(

Sachin Shekhar and Cyberfisch like this.
  2. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Upgrading further will allow you to equip +60 HP perks instead of turbo perks and still keep max speed. You only need 1 turbo perk for level 50 epic turbo... so the 3 HP perks are pretty noticeable.

3. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Uuuh, +60 HP! Well, a Drop in the ocean!
    For me Balancing is gone with the last updates. I agree with @Earel

Sachin Shekhar and Ultrah like this.
  4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

So you’re saying I can put an hp perk on my t5e now? Cause i wasted 50pearls before to put one on and take it back off because it wasn’t enough, really would like to know for sure before I do that trial and error again.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  5. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I can’t confirm completely, however this is my turbo currently, and I max out speed on all my boats.
    16A74889-5200-4428-91F4-059963E70170.png

And the worst part is I scrapped an epic HP perk a week before the update.....:mad:

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  6. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

Mine does 60.5% boost and maxes all ships except the shooter which is 0.03 off max.

Djradnad likes this.
  7. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

so your defender is max but your shooter isn’t? How strange, defender was my issue before on not being maxed (even with full trainings before)

Edit: Ah yes I see now, both base is .92 and shooter max speed is higher(1.5), also it looks like interceptor takes a lot to have max speed

Last edited: 25 Oct 2018
  8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yup, after the update this turbo now gives me max speed for all ships:

IMG_20181026_012012.jpg

I believe before update I couldn't even add one HP perk without losing max speed.

Nikkie! and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  9. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Ohhh SSNNNNAAAAAAAAAAP

10. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

The rare t5 turbo with 1 vigor perk and 2 speed perk are enough....

Last edited: 26 Oct 2018
  11. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

That's nothing. My lvl 40 rare with one epic perk and two rares gives me maxed speed on everything but shooter(which is very close to max).

wcc634 likes this.
  12. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

This turbo speed % (and anything higher) will give you max speed on all ships.
    upload_2018-10-26_9-11-2.jpeg

13. Mr.Safranek

Thats enough too... Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-11-50-888_com.rovio.battlebay.png

14. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

lol yes because it's a higher speed %, as I said.

15. Mr.Safranek

Yes , but its mine is better , because it has lower gear score...

16. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

I'm saying you can put THREE hp perks on it ;)

Nikkie! and Djradnad like this.
  17. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Yea when factoring gear score its an interesting comparison. But I would call mine "better" as it gives a couple hundred more HP.

Djradnad likes this.
  18. wcc634

wcc634 Member

CBDBB2B1-B890-4F44-A41C-5E7BC8A04A96.jpeg

This is enough to max defender, speeder, enforcer, and fixer. Shooter barely falls short with 1.48 of 1.50 max and intercepter with 1.60 of 1.62. Another rare perk puts them both way over.

I find this a very interesting move on the part of the developers. Is this a first step towards getting rid of turbos altogether? They got rid of rudders and gear lube, it seems, because they were dramatically underused, and they decided it made sense to simply mandate ship standards for agility since the pool of players was creating so little deviation from the norm anyway. I wonder if the opposite is true with turbos. Everyone—literally everyone, with the exception of some high-level enforcers—runs a turbo. And everyone not only runs one but runs a maxed-out one as soon as they can. So what’s the point in making everyone bother with them, I can see the thinking go.

If the opportunity existed for someone to devote unusual amounts of resources and training to achieve an unusual advantage in the speed of their ships, then that’s one thing. But that hasn’t really been the case before, and this recent update actually moves things in the opposite direction—it has further devalued high-level turbos. Tier IV and tier V epics are basically obsolete now. Jimbot says above that a level 40 rare turbo only needs one epic perk with a couple of rares to max out everything but shooter (and probably intercepter, too). And don’t tell me, with ship health points being where they are now, that a couple of 60-point health perks are supposed to be the incentive for someone to develop an epic turbo when they can hit max speed with a level 40 rare. So it makes me wonder if there’s another shoe left to drop.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2018
  19. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Uh oh.....by internet standards, if BOTH shoes fall off, you’re dead.......

CaffeinatedChris likes this.