1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy Drop

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Fady, 26 Oct 2018.

1. Fady

Fady New Member

Hii all,
    I have a problem. I haven’t gain any star for the last 3 days. I don’t know what is happening. Please help me. Username: uwk07 / code: #WFDZHPCF
    Thanks in advance.

Su-57 likes this.
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If you were playing the event during that time, then they were no stars during the event. You need to play what is known as ‘ranked’ to get stars (ie games where your infamy goes up or down depending upon whether you win or lose)

3. Fady

Fady New Member

Thanks for your reply. But NO this apply also for the normal battles. Even after the event has finished.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Have you dropped more than 800 or so below your maximum infamy? If so, you may be caught by the anti-tanking rules - which make it harder to get stars and battle rewards until you’re back within approx 800 of your maximum infamy.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  5. Fady

Fady New Member

This might have happened but this is out of my hands in light of the new changes of the game. I have been losing oftenly and I cannot regain my normal infamy. The game is much more harder now and I have no interference in this.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Perhaps if you post some pictures of your ship and your inventory, then people could give you tips as to what items may work better for you.

Also, if you’ve been losing a lot because you’ve been using unusual weapons for guild quests, then I’d say you need to be selfish for a little while and run your best weapons until your infamy recovers.

I’d also recommend finding a good guildmate to fleet with. Ideally it would be someone with similar infamy to you whose playstle complements your own.

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    That sucks to hear :(
    The current system will punish both true tankers and players that accidentally drop, even if it wasn’t intentional.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  8. Fady

Fady New Member

Exactly, I am punished for losing so it is double loss. I am not fighting in the battle alone I have a team of 4 other players and this team may lead to my loss.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  9. Fady

Fady New Member

This is very bad. I might stop playing the game. I have been playing this game for 2 years and I know that I am a good player my kill rate is 0.90 which is very good.

Su-57 likes this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    That really is too bad, but if you gain infamy this will go away. Try really thinking about every move you make for a few battles and you might figure out what you're doing wrong. And @YerJokinArnYer has some good points, post some pictures of your ship and your inventory, then people could give you tips as to what items may work better for you, and find a good guildmate to fleet with.

ShipCrusherCz and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  11. VincentP

VincentP Member

I wonder how with 2906 games (in 2 years), 0.87 kill ratio you are currently in 738 infamy with a maximum achieved of 931.
    Does the infamy tanking rules even apply in this infamy?

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Fady

Fady New Member

Hi Vincent,
    Thank you for your reply but can you please explain more what you are trying to say ? is it something good or bad or weird ?

13. Fady

Fady New Member

These are the weapons I am using and my inventory

Attached Files:

14. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Two suggestions to get out of the rut. Fleet with friends or players you know their playstyle. And second, pull back a little and evaluate why you keep losing. Yes its easy to say bad teammates. But if they go off rushing into battle, maybe you have to follow their crazy style to pull off a win. I found that as an enforcer, I would go off on my own expecting the team to follow a strategy. At low infamy levels, there is little such plan in effect. All I am saying is, try something different to pull yourself back up. New weapons, best kit, etc. It will come back eventually. Remember the update didnt just change it for you, but for everyone. So all should still be the same playing field as it was pre-update.

15. VincentP

VincentP Member

Well it´s weird, you´ve got a good ratio, but not many game played, tho you still in that infamy.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok, IMO you need to get a turbo on. I know you don’t have a good one, but without a turbo you’re too slow, so you’re:
    A) a sitting duck to mortars
    B) probably having difficulty in getting into the right position to take your shots
    C) sometimes finding that a teammate has died before you’ve even had a chance to take a shot
    Personally I wouldn’t use 2 mortars. I’d probably take off the big berta (it’s just too slow to be effective) and use either the big torp, or go double railgun, double sniper + LRM approach. Or build up that epic EC.
    If you want to continue with Big Berta, then the frost perk is doing you no good on it. No one uses frost, you’re wasting a perk slot.
    On your snipers, you need to get all critical chance perks on there. Extra damage perks are not worth it on sniper.

There may be others who can offer you better advice than I can. I don’t run shooter regularly. But anyway, I hope it helps and you manage to regain your infamy so you can get better battle rewards again.

17. MGEV

MGEV Member

Sorry but the infamy tanking penalty that automatically applies to everyone is absurd and ridiculous. We play as a team which rovio forces it upon us (your controversial matchmaking). We do not get to pick our own team. Rovio cannot control the human factor but it partly contributes to the loss. Not knowing who intentionally tank and who try hard but still not enough to carry the team, Rovio puts the penalty hammer down on everyone, and getting out of that hole is solely the player's burden and responsibility, again with the help of the questionable matchmaking.

As a VIP players and I probably spent around $1K for this game, during my darkest moment, when I struggled to win, loss after loss, one stupid team to another, and Rovio was very nice and helpful to put the penalty on my head, I felt disgusted by how Rovio managed its game.

Of course everything was history, I managed to crawl out of that hole; but I am not excited to play ranked match now; same old boring dumb players and unfair penalty for people who do well but lose the battle.

18. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Infamy floors. Please. I made a thread about it, I can't find it now lol

envylife likes this.
  19. Fady

Fady New Member

It is important to know that there are other players who are suffering from the same problem in light of the new changes of the game.

Su-57 likes this.
  20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Innocent people dropping into anti-tanking penalty zone isn’t a new thing caused by recent changes. It’s been around as long as the penalty itself. I once fell into it myself a long time ago, and it took me a couple of weeks to recover.
    But I’d urge you to consider your viewpoint. Are you caught by this anti-tanking zone? Yes, it sounds that way. But ultimately that’s been caused by your infamy going backwards. Take personal responsibility to get yourself out of it. Stop thinking of yourself as a victim of bad luck and bad teammates.
    Ask yourself:
    • Are you playing enough to keep progressing at the same rate as your peers? (One player said you’d played under 3000 over 2 years, and if that’s true it sounds low to me - only about 3 battles a day)
    • Is your ship optimised to maximise your performance? (I’ve pointed out some ways in which I think you could improve, do you have your own ideas? Take a look at how the top shooters set up their ships, watch some YouTube videos from the likes of Bittersteel for example)
    • Are you using good team tactics during battles (staying together with your teammates, knowing when to push, knowing when to retreat etc), or are you playing as an individual? (I suspect your lack of turbo makes it hard for you to keep up with teammates, which means it’s hard for you to play as a good team player)
    Ultimately, what are you going to do differently to change your situation? Staying the same will mean you get the same bad results.

You CAN get yourself out of this, but it will take hard work and time. Good luck.